Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General GAA - AOB

Go down 
+54
Wonderful barn
CillDara71
Onhisboot
FlourBag_1
Thelillywhites
NorthernLily89
Southern Gael
Carbury legend
Gaa1928
Cilldara_2000
OutTheGap
topcat
Taibi
moatesports
White Bridge
seamymurphy
Kildare98
murof
Caprea
lilysavage
KILL BILL
Rex
jobluts
bite the pillow
lomond
TommyKeegan
Highball
learmus
Flamingo
Cassanata
micky murphy
Curraghplains
steviegenius
jj
LillieLad
Botch
kelf
Dido
ixus
DONTPULLOUT
Big Full Back
Ohtoohtobe
lily4fr
white boy
Liffey Likes
SamMaguire
Badger85
jimmers
walsheman
lillyboy
All down the line
Ogie
Hurlerbehindtheditch
totalgaa
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 3:19 am

That sounds a good idea and would really get the fans excited, however I can see the GAA introducing seeding to avoid the risk of a major upset.........
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 3:39 am

Feile is already gone as is development squad activity nothing else as of right now. Obviously like everyone else I hope TK modelling is wrong but I believe the worst of this is still to come. Probably June/July before we reach a peak and returning to normal straight away would be madness so I think if they want inter county championship this year it will have to be straight knockout and a return to the previous all Ireland dates at the earliest.

I would imagine all comps probably going to straight knockout at club level also. These are trivial discussions as things stand though. Hope everyone and their families/friends are staying safe.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 3:44 am

KILL BILL wrote:
That sounds a good idea and would really get the fans excited,  however I can see the GAA introducing seeding to avoid the risk of a major upset.........

Well if they did they will never be able to deny that some Counties are more important than others.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 8:32 am

Hopefully a few rules officianados on here, would any structure change have to be agreed at a special congress?

We all know GAA would love every football final to be Dubs v Kerry and I think the biggest fear the GAA would have is that the competition would work well and there would be clamour for it to be a permanent fixture..
Back to top Go down
jobluts
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 12:40 am

Taibi abit stupid having to explain but as it currently stands the dubs could potentially lose 3 games and still win the AI.A oneoff game knock out they might have a bad day in the office ie.2014 v donegal. Hence dubs would be against knockout
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 1:28 am

hope all keeping safe , it looks like no championship football club or county in 2020
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 1:28 am

hope all keeping safe , it looks like no championship football club or county in 2020
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 9:04 am

What about the leagues, will current positions remain as is or will the league campaign be voided?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 7:49 pm

We'll know later I think but my guess is voided.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 8:19 pm

Majority will probably be in favour of null&void as no tier 2 or any other championship will be played this year so league has no impact on championship standing.

Null&Void gives clarity going into whenever football can resume also, can imagine a serious amount of challenges DRA etc if they try to finish the season as things stand.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2020 12:35 am

it looks like the leagues next year will kick start the county football scene and club to boot ,all this years matches will be voided ? and pubs will not open untill after xmas
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 8:41 pm

Null and void makes sense for most I guess - Jaysus bloody depressing to be effectively writing off a year of your life !

Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 9:38 pm

it costs around 3or 4 hundred to go to a prem game in England thats one game ? and bad pints into the bargin . maybe kildare could go after one of the sheiks again ,surely there is enough big money in kildare to fund a 3 year project to get close to competing at top table
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2020 9:45 pm

TG4 are showing Kildare v Meath (1997 first replay) tomorrow at 2.05. Probably the best match I’ve ever been at. I think I’ll watch it up until Jody Devine comes on!
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2020 10:49 pm

On a football related note, I watched Paul Mascal on TV during the week and on the Late Late show last night, I think he is going to be a maga star somehow.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2020 11:56 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:
On a football related note, I watched Paul Mascal on TV during the week and on the Late Late show last night, I think he is going to be a maga star somehow.

This is not football related. No one cares.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2020 2:20 am

Ok, I thought the Gaa scene in the programme was very realistic, 😂😂😂
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 3:29 am

Will we get club football this year or is too much of a risk to ask lads to play?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 4:40 am

Not a hope. No different to intercounty, arguably more dangerous. More clubs, more players, more games meets same risk.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 9:10 am

TK, on a non GAA related as I totally agree with the above no real chance/reason for any GAA activity this year. In relation to soccer clubs in England particularly Championship and below, do you think it is possible we reach a stage where a waiver re this virus will have to be included with match day ticket as I would imagine match day revenue is the biggest cash input for a lot of those clubs so playing behind closed doors is not an option for them long term well at least if they want to stay pro.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 7:35 pm

Think it's very complicated TopCat, there could be a lot of clubs there lost or going back to semi-pro or whatever. I see quarantine for two weeks for anyone flying to UK from end of this month. Gap between haves and have nots in soccer is going to grow far wider and talk of European Super League getting louder. Still early days of this but repercussions going to go on for years. Best case scenario may be around quicker tests and temperature takes going into events but there are asymptomatic carries. It's a mess. Also, seeing in likes of Spain and Portugal, when you get the numbers down and ease restrictions they go back up again. It's really grim and the notion of a vaccine just appearing is, well, hopeful!
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 9:36 pm

I think we'll certainly see some club action this year but not inter-county. I'm not sure why some people are calling the GAA greedy for wanting to get the inter-county season run off, there'll be no crowds which will mean no money generated. If it does go ahead they possibly will charge something like €8 to watch a game on TV. I'd happily pay that for some games. Don't think it will happen though, a PR disaster waiting to happen. Look what they've done regarding season tickets.

Regarding clubs, no one will be made play. Each players' home and work circumstances are different in relation to who they will be in contact with after games so let them make a call themselves. We are at around 130 infection cases per day now with increased testing, the community numbers are minscule, give it another three months and it should be almost non-existent, all going well. Our painfully slow and drawn-out easing of restrictions will stand to us. I know this kind of talk won't go down well with the pessimists but the numbers don't lie.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 1:41 am

Newstalk are doing a county by county piece where the 4 best sports stars are annointed on a 'Mount Rushmore' somewhere within the county. Kildare are up next. My 4 would be Glen Ryan, Ruby Walsh, Larry Stanley, and one of Johnny Doyle, Pat Eddery , Jamie Heaslip etc. Probably Johnny Doyle if 3 Gaelic footballers allowed. Any thoughts and choice of venue - we dont have many peaks in Kildare!
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 1:48 am

Jamie f***in Heaslip - are you having a laugh!
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 1:56 am

Jamie f***in Heaslip - are you having a laugh!

Haha - I did say 'one of' and JD would be my 4rth choice . I do think Heaslip will make it however if Joe Molloy is picking it.

Whats your 4?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General GAA - AOB
Page 10 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next