Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General GAA - AOB

Go down 
+54
Wonderful barn
CillDara71
Onhisboot
FlourBag_1
Thelillywhites
NorthernLily89
Southern Gael
Carbury legend
Gaa1928
Cilldara_2000
OutTheGap
topcat
Taibi
moatesports
White Bridge
seamymurphy
Kildare98
murof
Caprea
lilysavage
KILL BILL
Rex
jobluts
bite the pillow
lomond
TommyKeegan
Highball
learmus
Flamingo
Cassanata
micky murphy
Curraghplains
steviegenius
jj
LillieLad
Botch
kelf
Dido
ixus
DONTPULLOUT
Big Full Back
Ohtoohtobe
lily4fr
white boy
Liffey Likes
SamMaguire
Badger85
jimmers
walsheman
lillyboy
All down the line
Ogie
Hurlerbehindtheditch
totalgaa
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 5:25 am

Fair play to you Tommy will be looking in. And kudos for owning the gobshites on Twitter, don’t know how you stick it.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 5:55 am

Fair play TK, keep fighting the good fight.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 6:25 am

Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 7:10 am

What I hate is in a few weeks time we are going to have the draw for the provincial championships for 2020, with the first games being played in approx 35 weeks time.

If you are drawn on Dublin's side of the draw it probably means a semi final against them in Croke Park and then most likely a place in the 2nd round of the qualifer's and 3 win's away from the super 8's ( under the current system ).

If your drawn on the opposite side then you hoping for a Leinster final and 1 win away from the super 8's

To keep the interest and get 'buy in' from all players why not have these provincial draws towards the end of the league, particularly in Leinster.

I don't agree that it for planning / T.V. purposes, after May every year we have numerous draws almost every Monday with game going ahead the following weekend.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 8:19 am

To set record straight, gave 19 minute interview detailing all the facts and figures about Dublin today. Whittled down to a 30 second soundbite it seems. Hugely frustrating as official Dublin doesn't want to know it seems.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 8:28 am

I thought it was actually a good report Tommy. Never thought I’d say this, but fair play to RTE & The Irish Times for asking serious questions about where the Dublin funding is taking the game.

It should never have happened but I don’t see any solution except splitting Dublin into four. Don’t think redistributing funds is radical enough - a lot of counties have already given up & by the time it starts to have any effect the game will be so utterly destroyed we’ll be getting League of Ireland-type crowds
at matches.

We are one of the counties who should be able to compete with them & the reality is we can’t. We’ll be doing well to beat them once in the next decade. Completely unsustainable.

But at least last weekend has really commenced the debate in earnest.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 8:33 am

They started the thing by saying "this isn't to take away from Dublin" as if that's the real fear, used one figure which was Cork getting more in 2018 (this is wrong), ignored all the data and facts going back 15 years, and then had a lad on talking about volunteers in Dublin. Thought it was pathetic.

Didn't see Irish Times stuff.
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 8:41 am

A whitewash by RTE
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 8:42 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
To set record straight, gave 19 minute interview detailing all the facts and figures about Dublin today. Whittled down to a 30 second soundbite it seems. Hugely frustrating as official Dublin doesn't want to know it seems.
Typically they got a Dublin gombeen on who tried to make out that their success is cyclical and that Dublin players and volunteers are genetically better than everybody else.

Kevin McStay tried to raise the point about all their advantages but didn't really want to be unsporting and to take away from all their success.

I suppose RTE were never going to rain on Dublin's parade a few days after they did the 5 in a row.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 8:44 am

Shouldn't have wasted my f**king time so. Hugely disrespectful. Maybe I might have known better but don't ask me to tell truth about Dublin and then edit out that truth. Says it all about that station.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 8:45 am

I thought it was good & reflected growing unease around country. For me, a big problem is silence of county boards and, actually, players. Also seems pretty well received - that’s the the sense I get from others away from social media which is not the real world.

Don’t know background to production of report obviously.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 8:51 am

It is kind of amazing that the anger that’s clearly out there doesn’t seem to reach county board offices. And players should have been all over Eamon Callaghan’s boycott suggestion.

Kildare fans certainly voted with their feet against Dubs this year anyway.
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 8:52 am

1999,2000, 2001,2002,2005, 2006, 2007, 2010,2012, 2013, 2014,2015,2017,2016, 2018 and possibly 2019 also,so sixteen times out of twenty the Senior Championship has remained in Newbridge....Do we split Newbridge into four also Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 8:56 am

I actually suggested that - as a Moorefield supporter! - earlier in year. Might get comeuppance against Athy.

In all seriousness, there was real talk of splitting Portlaoise in Laois a few years back but got shit-canned.

Definitely, I think there is growing reservations around country about Dublin dominance but gears grind slowly in GAA. The debate is only going to intensify though.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 8:58 am

If Kildare gave all their money to Moorefield to attain this, then yes. Although speaking of money, I see Maynooth the latest embarrassment of a club to bring shame on us. Delighted they were hammered.
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 9:02 am

Haunted,someone told me you were on the 1993 Sarfields winning team this is hardly correct is it. Question
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 9:03 am

Jesus, no!!
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 9:05 am

bounce

Last edited by Newbridgeornowhere on Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 9:05 am

The guy from Na Fianna was terrible. The combined contributions of Tommy, Colin Kelly, McStay meant he got owned.

Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 9:29 am

Poor show from Maynooth GAA that.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 5:45 pm

what did they do ?
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 7:18 pm

Maynooth a disgrace.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 7:43 pm

First up - yes, Ciaran Kilkenny visiting Moorefield was totally wrong & should never have happened.

And yes, Maynooth are a disgrace.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 8:15 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
First up - yes, Ciaran Kilkenny visiting Moorefield was totally wrong & should never have happened.

And yes, Maynooth are a disgrace.
Ciarán Kilkenny was not frist time attending a Moorefield event
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 8:17 pm

It is wrong, wrong, wrong - should never happen in Moorefield or anywhere.

Maynooth have now deleted the tweet! What a pathetic episode... I see Cathal McNally actually enquired as to Neil Flynn’s thoughts. Fair play to you Cathal - wish a few more Kildare lads would start calling out this type of stuff.

Menton has shown what needs to be done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General GAA - AOB
Page 6 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next