Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General GAA - AOB

Go down 
+54
Wonderful barn
CillDara71
Onhisboot
FlourBag_1
Thelillywhites
NorthernLily89
Southern Gael
Carbury legend
Gaa1928
Cilldara_2000
OutTheGap
topcat
Taibi
moatesports
White Bridge
seamymurphy
Kildare98
murof
Caprea
lilysavage
KILL BILL
Rex
jobluts
bite the pillow
lomond
TommyKeegan
Highball
learmus
Flamingo
Cassanata
micky murphy
Curraghplains
steviegenius
jj
LillieLad
Botch
kelf
Dido
ixus
DONTPULLOUT
Big Full Back
Ohtoohtobe
lily4fr
white boy
Liffey Likes
SamMaguire
Badger85
jimmers
walsheman
lillyboy
All down the line
Ogie
Hurlerbehindtheditch
totalgaa
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 9:00 pm

Kildare Nationalist Tweeted this:
Incredible turn around in Kildare GAA’s finances revealed at convention today. There was a surplus of almost 500k for 2019 and the much talked about Croke Park loan of 2012 has been pretty much cleared

200k of that surplus has been into fund a ring fenced for the St Conleths Park development. There is now 650k in that fund which obviously reduces the amount that will need to be borrowed when the time comes

In fairness the house seems to be more in order. Roscommon have a big lot carried over too and the apartment in London being raffled off too is serious.
You would imagine that we should be out-performing them, but there is talk of houses and so on up for grabs.

Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 9:32 pm

Flamingo wrote:
Kildare Nationalist Tweeted this:
Incredible turn around in Kildare GAA’s finances revealed at convention today. There was a surplus of almost 500k for 2019 and the much talked about Croke Park loan of 2012 has been pretty much cleared

200k of that surplus has been into fund a ring fenced for the St Conleths Park development. There is now 650k in that fund which obviously reduces the amount that will need to be borrowed when the time comes

In fairness the house seems to be more in order. Roscommon have a big lot carried over too and the apartment in London being raffled off too is serious.
You would imagine that we should be out-performing them, but there is talk of houses and so on up for grabs. Ballymore properties are giving them house

Money rise is going to redeveloping of DrHyde park and development of Dermot Early excellence centre

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 9:34 pm

That is a round-about fair play to Kildare for getting things on track.
BUT I'd love to see us push on in terms of money if we get on any kind of run this summer.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 9:42 pm

Seemly further your in championship money follows
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 10:52 pm

Have to say I do wince when I see unfolding financial crises in Mayo and Galway – because it's not so long ago we were in such a situation ourselves. You'd just be relieved it's not us going through another disaster.

Thankfully we've turned the ship around but we could actually be doing even better. We actually under-perform as much off the field as on. Seriously when you think of the advantages we have over, say, Mayo – right next to Dublin, multinationals and big business in our midst, players not having to travel vast distances mid-winter – it's a scandal that we aren't a perennial fixture in Division 1.

Btw, pointing out the obvious, but the financial situations in Galway, Mayo and other counties are deteriorating whilst we collectively have shelled out for the Dubs to do five in a row and have the time of their lives.

So much for equality in the GAA... The hypocrisy in the upper echelons of the association is nauseating.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 9:00 pm

I see Croke Park don't mind selling out to 'Huawei' most technologically advanced stadium in Europe.... sounds great..... what about the spies!!!
Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2019 8:32 am

micky murphy wrote:
I see Croke Park don't mind selling out to 'Huawei' most technologically advanced stadium in Europe.... sounds great..... what about the spies!!!
For feck sake Micky, you don't surely believe that shite Trump is spoutin. You do know that since his inauguation he has clocked up over 14,000 lies !
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2019 5:49 am

More money for Dublin.......
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2020 12:14 am

It's true... The league is some competition.

I honestly think the GAA could make a huge dent in fixtures problem by just moving it to the summer. Top four teams from Div 1 into quarter finals, along with top two in Div 2, and Div 3 and 4 champions.

Boom – sellout houses all summer long.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/out-dated-outmoded-and-turning-people-off-niall-moyna-on-championship-1.4154409

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2020 6:23 pm

In terms of backs bit of depth there she'd N lads are back. 6 that started Sunday plus Hyland Flynn and Doyle. Mark Barrett will be close too when he recovers
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 1:45 am

Cilldara_2000 wrote:
I tried to total up this year's attendances but it appears that the attendance figures for most of the qualifiers have been suppressed. I suppose we'll have to take the GAA's word for it when they release their 2019 annual report. You'd imagine they're still on the downward trend and that next year will be worse. How many casual Dublin fans are going to bother paying an exorbitant ticket price to see so many non-games now that the "drive for five" has been completed?

Interest in inter-county football is already way down on where it used to be and is going to fall off a cliff. Croke Park will eventually take note. I fear it will be too late and splitting Dublin in ten years time won't make any difference. If anything, Dublin North vs Dublin South in the AI final every year will be the final nail in the coffin.

A lot in the news today about the 2019 annual report but I don't see it available for download anywhere yet.

In the meantime, with some estimates from early rounds, particularly games in London and New York, the 2019 provincial championship attendances were 347,168 over 31 games, average 11,200. 2018 was average of 11,681.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 8:55 pm

Lads holy jaysus did you see the exec are paid a median salary of €125,000 reported today

Thats between 14 ppl !! Not even one or two...

This will surely get a lot of attention .. Outrageous altogether.

My god Pairc Ui Chaoimh was an unmitigated disaster
Back to top Go down
Cassanata
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 4:27 am

If a business was doing those revenues & profits it's execs would be on a lot more and unfortunately the GAA is being run as a business.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 10:06 pm

Highball wrote:
Lads holy jaysus did you see the exec are paid a median salary of €125,000 reported today

Thats between 14 ppl !! Not even one or two...

This will surely get a lot of attention .. Outrageous altogether.

My god Pairc Ui Chaoimh was an unmitigated disaster

125k*14= 1.75 million. That would buy those guys a lot of love for the GAA.

It’s laughable at this stage that the players who actually generate the 73 million in income get nothing while the suits who do fcuk reward themselves with 6 figure salaries.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2020 12:09 am

I know it's being talked about everywhere but should we be looking at the fixtures in terms of Covid 19?
The rugby bit the dust again and I'm sure everyone's WhatsApp is buzzing with all kinds of stories, but things like Feile must be in danger if kids are coming from all over Ireland to central points...

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2020 4:31 am

If common sense prevails - and no guarantee it would or will - much more beyond Feile should be at risk. Models suggest this will breaking an already broke health system by May as infected numbers double every week with a three per cent mortality rate. Only way to curtail it is ban mass gatherings. That'd be championship done if it plays out as it has elsewhere and is expected to here.
Back to top Go down
learmus
Intermediate
Intermediate
learmus

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 2:38 am

Playlist I put together over the last few years of any championship action available on youtube, a lot of content from it has been taken down recently but still some good days on it, plenty of bad ones too!! Anyway might keep you occupied for a few hours if you're interested.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF0BAD42AA9603718
Back to top Go down
jobluts
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 10:33 am

Bit of crack.Some pundits talking about knockout championship.Dubs definitely wouldn't agree as someone could get lucky against them. Personally I would love it back to the old days .
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 12:14 am

jobluts wrote:
Bit of crack.Some pundits talking about knockout championship.Dubs definitely wouldn't agree as someone could get lucky against them. Personally I would love it back to the old days .

What kind of logic is that? More games means more chance of getting lucky against them so therefore less games reduces that chance.

It would be a disaster for the other 11 teams in Leinster, it's a fix as it is but at least a chance of a run in the qualifiers brought some semblence of hope.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 4:27 am

Spot on Taibi
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 10:44 am

Only way I think straight knockout would work is if provincials are scrapped and it is open draw from round 1. Going back to the old way pre qualifiers is a non-starter for me anyway.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 12:23 am

Could be late summer before there is any football played. Might be a good time to try out a tier 2 for div 3 and 4 and have both competitions open draw. Obviously have to omit London and New York for this year.
Wouldn't be popular with everyone but would ensure some competitive games in this strange year.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 12:51 am

I think this would be the year to scrap intercounty and let the clubs have at it come August or whatever.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 7:30 pm

Probably a good idea TK but can’t see GAA cancelling inter county activity, too much €€€ involved. Can see a situation where club finals revert to Paddy’s Day 2021 to give a bit of room to get in some form of inter county season.

As you mention above it will more than likely be August before a ball is kicked in anger so plenty of time to come up with a plan.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 2:27 am

Open draw straight knock out 32 teams. 5 rounds  I think to finish it out. Even if you start in September you would have the final mid October if you have a round every week which is not far off the replay date we had last year.

It would just be what the championship needed an injection of the unpredictable and renewed hope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General GAA - AOB
Page 9 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next