Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General GAA - AOB

Go down 
+54
Wonderful barn
CillDara71
Onhisboot
FlourBag_1
Thelillywhites
NorthernLily89
Southern Gael
Carbury legend
Gaa1928
Cilldara_2000
OutTheGap
topcat
Taibi
moatesports
White Bridge
seamymurphy
Kildare98
murof
Caprea
lilysavage
KILL BILL
Rex
jobluts
bite the pillow
lomond
TommyKeegan
Highball
learmus
Flamingo
Cassanata
micky murphy
Curraghplains
steviegenius
jj
LillieLad
Botch
kelf
Dido
ixus
DONTPULLOUT
Big Full Back
Ohtoohtobe
lily4fr
white boy
Liffey Likes
SamMaguire
Badger85
jimmers
walsheman
lillyboy
All down the line
Ogie
Hurlerbehindtheditch
totalgaa
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2019 1:26 am

Dubs absolutely outraged over Prime Time programme... James McCarthy also tweeting about it, whinging in interviews etc etc.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/charlie-redmond-it-was-a-disgraceful-decision-by-rt-to-screen-a-programme-which-wanted-to-run-down-amateur-athletes-38520756.html

I thought it was exactly the right time to do it – when it has maximum impact.
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 9:25 am

[quote="HauntedGraffiti"]First up - yes, Ciaran Kilkenny visiting Moorefield was totally wrong & should never have happened.

I see 18 time All Ireland winner and 16 All Stars awards Briege Corkery from Cork was in Moorefield tonight HG will you be making the same stand on this or was it just that Ciaran was from Dublin.by the way i think its brilliant that both players can visit a club in Kildare,why not sure the kids love it
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 10:08 am

Nope cos Cork aren’t financially doped outfit & historic rivals. Lame argument.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 4:51 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
What I hate is in a few weeks time we are going to have the draw for the provincial championships for 2020, with the first games being played in approx 35 weeks time.

If you are drawn on Dublin's side of the draw it probably means a semi final against them in Croke Park and then most likely a place in the 2nd round of the qualifer's and 3 win's away from the super 8's ( under the current system ).

If your drawn on the opposite side then you hoping for a Leinster final and 1 win away from the super 8's

To keep the interest and get 'buy in' from all players why not have these provincial draws towards the end of the league, particularly in Leinster.

I don't agree that it for planning / T.V. purposes, after May every year we have numerous draws almost every Monday with game going ahead the following weekend.

From the Hogan Stand, if true I think its great news :

Five-in-a-row All-Ireland champions Dublin will not have a bye into next year’s Leinster SFC semi-finals.

The Irish Independent reports that it was decided at Leinster Council meeting last night to introduce a semi-final draw which is set to be made on Sunday night that the quarter-final winners are known.

It means that teams in the last four will not know whether they’re on Dublin’s side of the draw until a fortnight out from that game.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 7:55 am

Good news because it won't kill the bit of excitement. Plus teams won't have a what's the point attitude at the start of the year.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 9:05 pm

Great to see real leadership from the Antrim county chairman last night, I applaud him.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 9:47 pm

Some craic in Galway now. Add Mayo into the mix as well and I am sure there are plenty of county boards fretting...
I know we go on about Dublin funding but fuck me could you really trust some counties with millions being pumped into them.
We would nearly be better off if external parties in Croke Park worked centrally to manage the funds.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 10:56 pm

There is actually some merit to the Dubs' argument that most other counties don't maximise resources. But the fact is, a lot of county boards are absolute basket-cases who couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery.

We had two very attractive sets of intermediate and senior finals, which have zero promotion and no streaming. I'd even have paid a few quid to watch Cloghs and Monasterevin last week as I couldn't make it. I'm sure there's plenty of other supporters in the same boat.

Dubs meanwhile run like clockwork and continue to enhance and glamorise their brand – which we aid in Kildare by inviting their top stars in to coach our underage club teams (more hopeless strategy).

Plenty of county boards absolutely need outside help.

Football is in a bad place and I think it will get worse over the next decade without that intervention.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2019 8:16 am

The new jersey launch a short while ago gives a good indication of the type of dinosaurs you're dealing with in the CB. People in these positions have no interest in the long term state of Kildare football because they'll be gone after four years.

Is that four year stint just a Kildare thing? I've no doubt in my mind if it wasn't a thing, Syl Merrins would still be in situ and the state of football in this county would be a far better place.

Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 1:56 am

that four year stint thing:::::::: Is, I undertand,  a rule in the Official guide, , passed by the counties at their AGM's (Conventions)  and nationally at Congress...........  IT WAS DESIGNED TO STOP  auld lads holding on to positions for ever ...........now i dont know if a lad can return after a break  (Syl Merrins for example)

EDIT::::::::: Its a 5 year stint per::::::: Official Guide and YES a lad can return, after a 5 year break...3.11 (b ),,,,,,,,,, last few wors below !!!!!

3.11 Elections
Subject to the Exceptions hereunder:
(a) The Annual County Convention shall elect the
following Officers of the County Committee:
Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, Secretary, Assistant
Secretary, if desired; Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer,
if desired; Coaching Officer, Officer for Irish
Language and Culture, Public Relations Officer,
and Hurling Officer, if desired; and shall appoint
a Development Officer and a Children’s Officer
recommended by the outgoing County Committee.
A member shall not hold more than one of the
above Officerships at any given time.
The Officers elected/appointed shall hold office
until the conclusion of the next Annual Convention.

(b) A member who has served five years either
consecutively or cumulatively, in a specific
Officership, shall be ineligible to hold that
Officership for the five year period following
immediately after serving the fifth year in that
Office
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2019 10:21 pm

Why is our website a load of crap. Trying to get scores for a game last month and it fails.
This worked before??
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2019 4:53 am

Good win by Anthony Rainbow's side. Ciaran Fitzpatrick played well for St Jude.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2019 11:43 am

Didn't know he played for them. How did he get an intercounty transfer to a club 20 minutes away?
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2019 9:37 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
Didn't know he played for them. How did he get an intercounty transfer to a club 20 minutes away?
played for suncroft only
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2019 12:11 am

Newbridgeornowhere wrote:
TommyKeegan wrote:
played for suncroft only

He played for Kilcock did he not?
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 8:13 pm

Yep thats right - If its the same fella , it was Kilcock he played for... Heard nothing about that transfer... Seems odd ....

Another one for Tommys playbook : )
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 11:17 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:

Had been living and working in the area around Jude’s for a while before transferring as far as I know. A lot more than a 20 minute spin also in any kind of heavy traffic which is the norm.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 2:20 am

So Mayo decided to play Money Money Money and Shoo the Donkey at half-time as a 'joke' with all the shite going on with a major contributor.
Supermacs asking big questions over where their money goes in Galway.

To be honest a centralised Finance committee needs to be looked at. Even at club level a treasurer needs to have a qualification.
There is money wasted far too much and once again I would not trust the majority of counties if money was thrown at them.

Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 11:28 pm

Anytime finances are brought up in either clubs or inter county setups there is always some sort of problems and who ever brings it up its like how dare you bring up anything about finances. Hugh problem with the GAA.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 11:35 pm

But like even for a club nowadays the sums of money that a volunteer has to keep an eye on is mental.
Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 9:42 pm

Strange scoreline from the HE League Yesterday... Cadets 0.02. v
GMIT 0.00.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2019 12:20 am

Not stirring here but a genuine question re the CPA.
I agree there needs to be some form of representation but are there people in anyone's clubs here linked to them?
If not, how can they have a defined mandate?

Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2019 3:47 am

I read that they have 25,000 members which is about 1,000 teams across the whole country but I don’t know any members myself.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2019 12:07 am

I see John Costello's latest Comical Ali effort has been to feel jealousy towards the facilities he sees outside of Dublin, try and stop the media talking about Dublin finances, and best of all suggest Dublin get more money so they can halt global warming. I kid you not.

Some part of the man's cojones are surely over the border in north Kildare as there's no way he could fit them all in the capital.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2019 1:53 am

Tommy we had differing views of the Prime Time programme – I thought it was better than you did but it certainly ruffled some feathers.

I thought the timing of it was spot on, it gave it maximum impact. If it aired now no one would give a shit.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General GAA - AOB
Page 8 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next