Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General GAA - AOB

Go down 
+54
Wonderful barn
CillDara71
Onhisboot
FlourBag_1
Thelillywhites
NorthernLily89
Southern Gael
Carbury legend
Gaa1928
Cilldara_2000
OutTheGap
topcat
Taibi
moatesports
White Bridge
seamymurphy
Kildare98
murof
Caprea
lilysavage
KILL BILL
Rex
jobluts
bite the pillow
lomond
TommyKeegan
Highball
learmus
Flamingo
Cassanata
micky murphy
Curraghplains
steviegenius
jj
LillieLad
Botch
kelf
Dido
ixus
DONTPULLOUT
Big Full Back
Ohtoohtobe
lily4fr
white boy
Liffey Likes
SamMaguire
Badger85
jimmers
walsheman
lillyboy
All down the line
Ogie
Hurlerbehindtheditch
totalgaa
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Wonderful barn
Junior C
Junior C

General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2022 1:11 pm

General GAA - AOB - Page 14 5ee62e10
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2022 3:47 pm

Coftmaster wrote:
Name people who are available to sort things out

Management seems to want to do it there ( with not working)

They had outside coach in Paul Galvin  wasn’t seen  after game in Carrick on Shannon

That's not true of course, Carbury Legend eh i mean Coftmaster
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2022 4:12 pm

What we need is a strong defensive set up/system. I thought the lads in there might have done that but the jury is out on it.

If they recognise that they require outside assistance, they should seek it without delay.

Inside the county we have Davey. Outside, you’re looking northwards, (not poacher), look at who’s been in the background in Tyrone, Donegal and Monagahan….

That said, I can’t see our set up reaching out to them.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2022 9:28 pm

lily4fr wrote:
Coftmaster wrote:
Name people who are available to sort things out

Management seems to want to do it there ( with not working)

They had outside coach in Paul Galvin  wasn’t seen  after game in Carrick on Shannon

That's not true of course, Carbury Legend eh i mean Coftmaster

This must be the lads 3rd or 4th account
Back to top Go down
CillDara71
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2022 12:10 am

I always found it amazing to believe accusations of people posting with more than one account on a website, but sometimes it's so feckin obvious....it's hard to imagine that many posters with grammar that bad & yet so similar.....if it walks like a duck etc...

lily4fr likes this post

Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2022 1:17 am

I often wonder if they are just really bad at remembering passwords
Back to top Go down
shunta15
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2022 4:06 am

Just a bit of history for people on the forum the best ladies footballer at the minute Vicki walls dad lived for years in kildare town and played soccer for the local club.her grandparents owned a restaurant in the town. She's some footballer
Back to top Go down
NorthernLily89
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2022 9:30 am

shunta15 wrote:
Just a bit of history for people on the forum the best ladies footballer at the minute Vicki walls dad lived for years in kildare town and played soccer for the local club.her grandparents owned a restaurant  in the town. She's some footballer

She's some footballer is right. Big loss to the women's game. Must be fierce annoying developing all these players and for aussie rules come in and nab them away for nothing.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2022 8:01 am

NorthernLily89 wrote:
shunta15 wrote:
Just a bit of history for people on the forum the best ladies footballer at the minute Vicki walls dad lived for years in kildare town and played soccer for the local club.her grandparents owned a restaurant  in the town. She's some footballer

She's some footballer is right. Big loss to the women's game. Must be fierce annoying developing all these players and for aussie rules come in and nab them away for nothing.

As a coach, I'd be proud. I'd be gutted to lose them but delighted to have contributed to them getting such an opportunity in life. We're an amateur sport, losing lads and lassies to rugby and soccer and work in other areas of life. If you have given them people and football skills to give them such a chance, you've done something very good. People move on all the time. Australia wouldn't be in the top 100 problems inside and outside of Gaelic games impacting upon them.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2022 4:35 pm

I'd say she has to be frustrated with the calls going against her, and she gets fuckin awful abuse at times. Like they can treat it as a free holiday.

Even look at Goldrick, who was a serious operator before, but she came back even stronger. You'd imagine what Vikki Wall could do in a pro setting.

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2022 8:10 pm

Looks like Galvin is part of one of the Mayo management teams… I ask again… what the hell did he do with us?

Southern Gael and The flour bags like this post

Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2022 2:14 pm

Well it seems although may not be true that Colm O Rourke is creating a backroom of about 20 people.
Now as I said during the championship management did need to learn which they did it seems v mayo but I cant see no harm in asking Davy Burke to come on board at all. Some defence or tactical nous is needed badly for next year. When you look at some of the management teams that is going to be over the likes Mayo etc we need the best to compete and go to the top flight from division 2

Southern Gael likes this post

Back to top Go down
Southern Gael
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2022 7:51 am

Thelillywhites wrote:
Well it seems although may not be true that Colm O  Rourke is creating a backroom of about 20 people.
Now as I said during the championship management did need to learn which they did it seems v mayo but I cant see no harm in asking Davy Burke to come on board at all. Some defence or tactical nous is needed badly for next year. When you look at some of the management teams that is going to be over  the likes Mayo etc we need the best to compete and go to the top flight from division 2
Couldn't agree more, I'm not sure Davy Burke would be prepared to do that or that Glenn would be prepared to invite him in, but I think, as part of the lessons learned should be the recognition of any skills or knowledge gaps that exist in the backroom team and filling them with the best people available. It's a minimum requirement if we have any hope of pushing on and seriously competing with the top teams on a consistent basis
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2022 10:51 am

Listening to Liam Hayes interview on OTB. He says that it's inexcusable of counties like Meath and Kildare to be feeling sorry for themselves and pointing the finger at Dublin, and blaming all our woes on them. Anyone agree with that? Kildare's record since 2000 has been embarrassing and we absolutely should be doing a lot better. Only one AI semi final appearance after 2000 and that was in 2010. Meath boys seem to be getting very excited about the appointment of O'Rourke. Setting their aims on beating Dublin in Leinster. Can anyone see them becoming a force again with O'Rourke in charge? Be sweet if we could manage to conquer Leinster before them. Big year needed in 2023 from Glenn and the boys.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2022 11:23 am

I lost interest at Liam Hayes. With the inclusion of the group stages in both championships, the season is more squeezed. The provincial championships will be more like the old o'byrne cup from the 80s, a bridge between league and championship. Meath have been to 1 Leinster under 20/21 final in 20 years. Until that changes, forget about it. Also losing to Meath in the league would be unacceptable.

lilywhites on tour, Southern Gael and gunnerman like this post

Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2022 11:44 am

Hayes is a bit of a mouthpiece like's the spout off. Talking utter guff how O'Rourke is retired now and at 65 will have more time that is required to fix it. Saying that he will need to work 70 hours + a week. Whereas he says managers in full time jobs can only commit a max of 30 hours a week. Last I checked most successful intercounty managers were in full time jobs and taking on an inter county role. Bullshit by Hayes If you ask me. Another clown presenter on OTB who is a Meath man saying the aim must be to beat Dublin. Relax there chaps O'Rourke is no Messiah.
As for ourselves there's no reason with a decent draw that we can't be reaching AI semi final's and see what happens after that.

lilywhites on tour and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2022 11:38 am

Naas Eammon Callaghan has joined up Carlow Senior Football team as performance coach
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2022 3:38 pm

https://www.the42.ie/kerry-defending-5826336-Jul2022/

We could probably take a lesson or two from this, especially when you consider what Lee Keegan and the Dublin corner backs scored against us.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 9:42 am

Micko o Dwyer son Michael has died

Ar Dheis DÈ go raibh a anam

lilysavage and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2023 11:58 pm

Onhisboot, OutTheGap, SplitThePosts and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2023 11:11 am

The unlikely rise of Gaelic football on the fields of Cambodia

https://www.bbc.com/sport/gaelic-games/65064562
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2023 4:05 pm

I didn't want to clog up another thread or start a new one. Just looking at the whole GAAGo chat, I think it all boils down to what we want and who are we for?

Donal Óg seems to be on his soap box every year. Last year it was a plea for more oxygen for hurling. Saying it was dying out and not getting enough covereage. Meanwhile Westmeath hurlers were getting mobbed by kids on the field after big games and barely getting a minute on TV.

He only seems to have an issue if the Munter Games are not for all to see and celebrate.

The same lads who moaned about Sky are moaning about GAAGo too. It was never a case of all games being on and at least Sky had serious analysis and coverage.
The likes of Carlow had their day in the sun against us on Sky Sports. What other time did theyt feature on RTÉ?

I will say this. There is a good piece in the Irish News making the point that they gave too much over to a glitchy platform so early.

It's OK if you know what you are at...

Highball, TommyKeegan and lily4fr like this post

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 12:14 pm

True Flamingo, but there's a lot of wanting something nothing about this.
1. More games on RTE now than ever.
2. RTE isn't free, you're actually forced to pay and then your tax subsidises a lot more.
3. RTE cannot afford to cover more.
4. When on Sky people whined.
5. GAA needs to make money to reinvest in things like Conleth's etc.
6. It's mostly hurling people complaining about the Munster Championship AND promotion of the game when the top tier actively keep down many making great efforts.
7. There'll be big free hurling weekends over next few weeks when little football outside of GAAGo.
8. Tired of this farmer in the middle of nowhere. Radio was always the way for many and is still the best for many.
9. Kildare-Sligo isn't on any platform, what'll we do? Well there's radio or people could actually go?
10. GAAGo is dirt cheap.

really_unofficial_kildare likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 12:46 pm

The top tier hurling is a shameless cartel. If there was a concerted attempt to grow the game in second tier counties – in which I would include Kildare – I believe the game would explode. The leading counties and their pundits – note hurling pundits also only come from the top counties – don't want it.

I am probably reflective of a lot of GAA people in Kildare in that I have a passing interest in hurling... I remember going to Christy Ring final in 2014 in my Kildare jersey, which we won, thinking we'd been promoted to Liam McCarthy. It was only after the game I found out we had to also win a promotion play-off the following week!!

Imagine Championship winners in England, Burnley this year, being told they had to also win play-off six days later!!

This also further relates back to us: the big GAA project over the past 15 years has been making Dublin successful – at the cost of destroying football in most of Leinster, including Meath & Offaly – and not growing hurling nationally.

Do we ever hear Sunday Game pundits or politicians asking why GAA has prioritised the success of one county over the promotion of hurling nationally? No!

TommyKeegan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 2:44 pm

Hurling People are the most precious crowd going. The real hurling people are the lads in the likes of Kildare playing away and battling on.

You can't get promoted in the championship easily and there was a meltdown when Offaly were nearly dropping down a few years ago.

Hurling People were quoted: "GOD FORBID A PROUD HURLING COUNTY WOULD PLAY AGAINST THE LIKES OF CARLOW."

The thing is that in turn opened up the GAAGo row. I am happy to pay for things if needs be. I was busy for the Derry game and stumped up to get the BBC coverage.

I do have an issue now in that it is a substandard broadcaster where their platform is seemingly just tacked onto a fairly normal streaming service. That takes more bandwidth and then you need better internet.

Then there is the thing whereby they can't be just honest and say Yeah we are showing some good games there to build subs.

If they are claming they aren't well them that doesn't make any sense for a commercial broadcaster!!

TommyKeegan and really_unofficial_kildare like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General GAA - AOB
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next