Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Glen Ryan Out

Go down 
+30
bite the pillow
Clubman
Sleeptight
Big Full Back
lilysavage
TheManInTheStands
lily92
ClaneLillywhite
micky murphy
shunta15
srg hartman
Badger85
moatesports
Lilywhite forever
intheback
steviegenius
All down the line
BearintheSquare
Ohtoohtobe
Twentyeight
seamymurphy
Gaa1928
TommyKeegan
Botch
Rex
Kildare98
NorthernLily89
Thelillywhites
jimmers
FionnMcCool
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ClaneLillywhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glen Ryan Out   Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 6:51 am

Fermanagh manager Kieran Donnelly currently teaches in Omagh CBS and is well aware of the talents and attributes that the former CBS student holds and can bring to his setup.

Imagine Kildare GAA had a coach among the ranks who knows the underage system....

Let me think, One in Roscommon and one in Hawkfield training a development team and we have an inept dinosaur over us. An intermediate championship, a win against Mayo in Longford and a U21 team near 20 year ago...

ClaneLillywhite likes this post

Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Glen Ryan Out   Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 6:55 am

Too ignorant to walk. Bullshit management appointment to hoax the people that were on the road in the last 90’s early 00’s into believing that they could instill some of what they had. In reality what did we win, a Leinster. Never a proven winner. Managerial career showed that. Was over 10 years since he was with Longford when he got this job. Not all Good players don’t make good managers, coaches, selectors. The rose tinted glasses have well and truly fell off even the staunchest of Kildare supporters.

Yet the biggest problems lies with the attendees of the county board meeting in Hawkfield. So far stuck in the Stone Age it’s unfathomable
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Glen Ryan Out   Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 6:58 am

Can we get rid of the team too. What an utter bunch of losers. I say it every year. Why put in all that time to be half arsed and mediocre. More spine in my scrotal sack.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Glen Ryan Out   Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 7:02 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Can we get rid of the team too. What an utter bunch of losers. I say it every year. Why put in all that time to be half arsed and mediocre. More spine in my scrotal sack.

It’s hard to get rid of 20+ players so there’s no point in saying that. We know what they are.

But are you honestly telling me another coach couldn’t set them up in a way that’s good enough to beat Cavan and Fermanagh? Or at least compete?

TheManInTheStands and Thelillywhites like this post

Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Glen Ryan Out   Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 7:19 am

not enough being done to unearth talent.

county board is a gravy train, which is ok as long as results are good!
all eyes on the board now.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Glen Ryan Out   Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 7:20 am

Are last two coaches were All Ireland winners in coaching with other groups. I'm not saying this isn't a shit show or change isn't needed, just saying the panel is a group of losers who know as much about responsibility and pride as I do about Indonesian cuisine.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Glen Ryan Out   Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 7:25 am

A pineapple salad goes well with Beef Rendang Tommy.

lily92 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Glen Ryan Out   Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 9:54 am

FionnMcCool wrote:
Clueless. Rudderless.

No direction . Bizarre tactics. Bizarre team selections.

It's quite evident to me that Ryan, Rainbow Dermot and Johnny do not have any grasp on what they want to do.
And I take no satisfaction in saying that. 4 legends of Kildare football.  

Home hammering to the worst Cork Football team in history.
Staring down the barrel of another relegation.

Bring in Malachy O Rourke now for rest of season.

Almost a year to the date this page opened…. You could nearly just change the date and team with the same thoughts….

Terrible stuff tonight. I can only assume Rainbow was listening to music or something because wgat came down the headphones was fairly dismal if that’s what Glen was channeling through to the sideline. It was as embarrassing a show I’ve seen.

Glenn had a legacy as a player but his management record will probably run Jason Ryan close. He’s probably going to see us through two relegations in three years and more than likely end up in the Tailteann Cup which is almost our current level and at that we’d probably struggle too.

Must say it’s been a very poor management rein from first game to last.

Embarrassing and almost ashamed to say I’m supporting Kildare
Back to top Go down
Sleeptight
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Glen Ryan Out   Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 10:02 am

FionnMcCool wrote:
Clueless. Rudderless.

No direction . Bizarre tactics. Bizarre team selections.

It's quite evident to me that Ryan, Rainbow Dermot and Johnny do not have any grasp on what they want to do.
And I take no satisfaction in saying that. 4 legends of Kildare football.  

Home hammering to the worst Cork Football team in history.
Staring down the barrel of another relegation.

Bring in Malachy O Rourke now for rest of season.
Back to top Go down
Clubman
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Glen Ryan Out   Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 10:29 pm

It's no secret the players wanted a change after last year but a compromise was reached by bringing in 2 new coaches. When a manager has lost a dressing room , he can't get it back. Time for leadership now from out limp CB . They tried, it didn't work , change it and move on.
Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Glen Ryan Out   Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 11:14 pm

Clubman wrote:
It's no secret the players wanted a change after last year but a compromise was reached by bringing in 2 new coaches. When a manager has lost a dressing room , he can't get it back. Time for leadership now from out limp CB . They tried, it didn't work , change it and move on.

That's tragic. Why would you want to hang around after that?
Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Glen Ryan Out   Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 11:25 pm

big question now is will the CB let the current management have one more lash at the leinster championship, or are they now in damage limitation territory. the gravy train is coming off the rails. die hard fans turning away.
Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Glen Ryan Out   Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2024 11:44 am

Twentyeight wrote:
I agree that Davy should have got it but if you think he’d have us challenging to win anything you’re dreaming. The reality is that Kildare are just miles off the it, a mid table division 2 team is about our standard. Besides a few good years in the late 90s/early 2000s we’ve never done anything to suggest otherwise

Pretty much sums it up.

Also, this thread could have been started last week. Nothing has changed  Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 1f602

Leead64 likes this post

Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Glen Ryan Out   Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2024 7:33 am

I said in a post this time lastly year that anyone who accepts these standards are complicit.

So Mick Gorman and the county board, this is on you. You accepted last year as acceptable.

This is about football at the end of the day. Shiney new stadium's and centres of excellence mean Jack shit.
Gormans legacy will be overseeing us getting relegated to Div.3 and the Tailteann Cup with 2 groups of underage All Ireland winners.

That's your legacy Gorman.

bite the pillow likes this post

Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Glen Ryan Out   Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2024 12:22 pm

FionnMcCool wrote:
I said in a post this time lastly year that anyone who accepts these standards are complicit.

So Mick Gorman and the county board, this is on you. You accepted last year as acceptable.

This is about football at the end of the day. Shiney new stadium's and centres of excellence mean Jack shit.
Gormans legacy will be overseeing us getting relegated to Div.3 and the Tailteann Cup with 2 groups of underage All Ireland winners.

That's your legacy Gorman.

Fionn, your post suggests, sorry if i'm wrong, that the centre of excellence is a plus point...it's not !!!
Back to top Go down
Onechance
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Glen Ryan Out   Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2024 7:18 pm

And it's not as if Gorman was the man who had originally the foresight to start the centre of excellence, this was down to Syl Merrins, who in fact did a great job operating as Chairman!
Anything to be said for a re-appointment?

Back to top Go down
Onechance
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Glen Ryan Out   Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2024 7:18 pm

And it's not as if Gorman was the man who had originally the foresight to start the centre of excellence, this was down to Syl Merrins, who in fact did a great job operating as Chairman!
Anything to be said for a re-appointment?

lilywhites on tour, Badger85 and Clubman like this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Glen Ryan Out   Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2024 3:07 am

I’m assuming that if Gorman has balls, there’ll be a phone call made tonight.
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Glen Ryan Out   Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2024 3:27 am

Badger85 wrote:
I’m assuming that if Gorman has balls, there’ll be a phone call made tonight.

If Gorman had balls, Ryan would have been gone in Autumn. But he doesn't.

I'm going to lose a massive amount of respect for some of these Kildare stalwarts . It's such a shame and pity really.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Glen Ryan Out   Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2024 3:29 am

15 losers walking around the pitch, no tackling and dumb up front. Embarrassing bunch of losers.
Sure let’s change manager again, that’ll work..

lilywhites on tour likes this post

Back to top Go down
Carburyhill
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Glen Ryan Out   Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2024 4:08 am

It’s not to late to get rid of the whole lot & start from scratch with a new management team & get players who actually want to play football for Kildare it gone beyond the joke now it’s scary how bad we are.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Glen Ryan Out   Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2024 4:13 am

Three things need to happen for Glenn to go.

1. He needs to realise that the game is up and his finished. He needs to be big enough to acknowledge that and walk away.

2. The players need to vocalise their belief it’s over too. That requires back bone and leadership. They don’t have that.

3. The county board need to take control, own their mistakes and end it. That also requires back bone.

Will any of those things happen? I can’t see it,
Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Glen Ryan Out   Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2024 5:46 am

Taibi wrote:
15 losers walking around the pitch, no tackling and dumb up front. Embarrassing bunch of losers.

I think you need to realise WHY they aren't playing they have no belief, no gameplan, no confidence
Yeah passion will get you so far but the game is moved on from passion you do need passion but you also need a gameplan.
You tell me that we have had one in 3 years!
Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Glen Ryan Out   Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2024 5:57 am

Taibi wrote:

I think you need to realise WHY they aren't playing they have no belief, no gameplan, no confidence
Yeah passion will get you so far which was shown v Roscommon last year but the game is moved on from passion. Obviously you do need it but you also need a basic gameplan.
You tell me what gameplan have Kildare had in 3 years thats worked!
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Glen Ryan Out   Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2024 6:40 am

Thelillywhites wrote:
Taibi wrote:

Yeah passion will get you so far which was shown v Roscommon last year but the game is moved on from passion. Obviously you do need it but you also need a basic gameplan.
You tell me what gameplan have Kildare had in 3 years thats worked!

It’s been like this for long before Glenn came in. Delusional.

lilywhites on tour and Gaa1928 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glen Ryan Out   Glen Ryan Out - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glen Ryan Out
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next