Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Player Watch 2024

Go down 
+29
ndog
micky murphy
murof
Kildare-Tom
Cassanata
PaddyMartinKildare
Southern Gael
Clubman
really_unofficial_kildare
BearintheSquare
Tawnbag123
rgb
Gaa1928
FlourBag_1
SplitThePosts
NorthernLily89
Columbo
Shnakesrule
Lillywhite20
Kildare999
TheManInTheStands
topcat
RiseAgainKildare
StayDownOnIt
TheBigDog#
Botch
MickosMen
newornowhere
Flamingo
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2024 11:14 pm

No harm getting this thread going again as we keep one eye on the year ahead with a new regime in place?

As I said I gave Clubber a go and Alex Beirne was MOTM for Naas. He missed a few including a shot to the very butt of the post, but he was the go-to man on the day.

For JTB Daniel Flynn was the danger and they mixed it up with him coming from deep a bit more.

I know there is a Club Scene thread but here, I'm just opening it up to look at who is standing out and putting their hands up for the county.

White Bridge and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
newornowhere
Senior
Senior

Player Watch 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2024 11:20 pm

Was at a few games at the weekend. Young midfielder from raheens very good, Crowley I think. McCormack a class act for sarsfield, we don't have any player in the county as good as him . Hopefully he returns. Dempsey fro moorefield good also

Ohtoohtobe likes this post

Back to top Go down
MickosMen
Intercounty
Intercounty

Player Watch 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2024 12:18 am

Ciaran Flanagan and Cathal McCabe looked the pick of the non county players in the Maynooth v Athy game. McCabe with the hurlers though. He'd be a shoe in for the footballers apart from that.

Aaron Browne the standout forward for Celbridge all year. He'll be there around the panel next year. Agree abour Crowley too.

On the goalkeeper front there are plenty of options available. McNamara Celbridge and Campbell from Raheens. Sheehan from JTB. Burke from Clane and Mullins from Naas.

Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2024 12:50 am

Players would be rusty. I will wait until the group games are played before I make any suggestions.
Back to top Go down
TheBigDog#
Senior
Senior

Player Watch 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2024 6:45 pm

Botch wrote:
Players would be rusty. I will wait until the group games are played before I make any suggestions.

I doubt many players are still rusty at this time of the year. Its not the start of the season. Most players have been training/playing matches since January
Back to top Go down
StayDownOnIt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Player Watch 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2024 8:31 pm

TheBigDog# wrote:
Botch wrote:

I doubt many players are still rusty at this time of the year. Its not the start of the season. Most players have been training/playing matches since January

Maybe the 7 week layoff would have made them a little off usual championship pace... I'm sure most played 3 or 4 challenge matches but still not the same
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2024 8:41 pm

Ah yeah and that first round is always strange. When we head into the groups we can keep the thread going. In fairness it'll be a clean slate and you'd hope that lads grab the chance.
Back to top Go down
RiseAgainKildare
Intermediate
Intermediate

Player Watch 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2024 11:00 pm

Did anyone see Hagney the midfielder for Nurney playing? Heard last year he was called into the extended Kildare panel. We need something different in midfield.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2024 1:03 am

Thought Callum Bolton was impressive for Sash v Moorefield but overall that was a disappointing game.
Back to top Go down
StayDownOnIt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Player Watch 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2024 1:54 am

RiseAgainKildare wrote:
Did anyone see Hagney the midfielder for Nurney playing? Heard last year he was called into the extended Kildare panel. We need something different in midfield.

Don't know about him but you're right we absolutely need something different in midfield
Back to top Go down
RiseAgainKildare
Intermediate
Intermediate

Player Watch 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2024 3:26 am

Fionn Bergin from Grangenolvin looks to have scored about 4.16 or something in two games. Surely worth a look.
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

Player Watch 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2024 3:32 am

His brother Oran is very impressive also
Back to top Go down
RiseAgainKildare
Intermediate
Intermediate

Player Watch 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2024 4:30 am

TheManInTheStands wrote:
His brother Oran is very impressive also
and his brother Conall..
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2024 4:44 am

Not much info given on socials so who was looking good so far this weekend?
Back to top Go down
StayDownOnIt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Player Watch 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2024 6:53 pm

Best player I saw over the weekend was number 7 for Eadestown Conan Boran . Did a great marking job on Ben but got on plenty of ball as well. He plays hurling for Kildare so not sure if he's an option for Brian Flanagan.

OutTheGap likes this post

Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2024 10:31 pm

StayDownOnIt wrote:
Best player I saw over the weekend was number 7 for Eadestown Conan Boran . Did a great marking job on Ben but got on plenty of ball as well. He plays hurling for Kildare so not sure if he's an option for Brian Flanagan.

His 2 brothers rian and cian also play with kildare hurling and football with eadestown.
All 3 are serious hurlers and serious footballers for eadestown when championship comes.

StayDownOnIt likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kildare999
Senior
Senior

Player Watch 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2024 8:13 am

Players that have stood out so far this weekend (New players only)-

Maynooth v Clane- Niall o sullivan and Cathal McCabe from Maynooth both look like they would be well capable of the step up. Paul Maguire and Ciaran Flanagan 2 massive engines in midfield but haven’t seen enough of them before to know if they’d be up to the level. Paddy o Mahoney very good but pace and size might be an issue.
Clane side of things Sean Callan solid at 3, Fanning very good but again size and pace might be an issue.

JTB v Carbury- No one really stood out in this game for a potential call up. Tommy Gill undoubtedly has the potential but will need to show it more consistently to get a call up.

Raheens V Larries- Dara Crowley at midfield ticks a lot of boxes for an inter county midfielder. Not sure he’s yet at the level but definitely could be worth bringing in to develop over the next few years.

Athy v Celbridge- Shane McNamara excellent on kickouts. Not sure if he’d be interested but definitely worth a call up. Fergal Conway very good at 6 but age probably rules him out. Aaron and Killian Browne both very good but still lots to learn. Aaron probably will get called up and Killian should be left with the U20s. Padraig Spillane very strong runner from deep for Athy but haven’t seen much of him before.

OutTheGap, lilysavage, LillieLad, FlourBag_1 and Tawnbag123 like this post

Back to top Go down
Kildare999
Senior
Senior

Player Watch 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2024 7:32 am

Players that stood out this weekend (New players only) Part 2-

Clogherinkoe v Allenwood- Clogherinkoe played some excellent attacking football. Cein Mcmonagle very good inside, strong quick and good ball winner. Has been chipping in with a lot of goals too which is a threat  Kildare were seriously lacking this year. Aedan Boyle brilliant at wing forward scoring 2-1 and setting up a number of chances. Versatile in that he can play half back/half forward or even inside at times. Size might be an issue but has serious pace and is worth a look for sure. Mark Grehan very strong and physical at midfield and can play ball too. seemed to pick up a nasty knee injury which hopefully isn’t too serious 🤞🏻. Killian Galligan has been around the squad for the last year without getting much gametime, has a great engine and probably  should be in the frame to be included on the panel also.
Jimmy Lynch very good inside kicking 5 points, seems quite young so maybe one to look out for on the U20s over the next few years.
On the Allenwood side, not too many put their hand up. Joey Cunningham and Rory Moran should be looked at for U20s panel if still underage. Bagnall definitely has serious potential but wasn’t really involved in the game today.

Sarsfields v Confey- Very few if any put their  hand up from this game. From a sarsfields point of view some lads that were on the panel the last few years might be under pressure to get a call from Flano to be included in the squad this time around. Karl Hartley the best of the Sash players.
One player who done very well for Confey was No.7 Aidan Crean. Very strong ball carrier and attacking wingback who done very well transitioning from defence to attack. My first time to see him playing so maybe not one to make the panel but definitely one to keep and eye on for the future as he looks reasonably young!

OutTheGap, Kildare-Tom and Tawnbag123 like this post

Back to top Go down
Lillywhite20
Junior C
Junior C

Player Watch 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2024 6:18 am

John Treacy 7 points from play for Straffan. Some massive scores

Kildare999 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Shnakesrule
Junior C
Junior C

Player Watch 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2024 11:53 pm

Was impressed with Pat Martin last night for ellistown. He was wearing 6 but playing wing back by the looks of it. Scored 1-1 from my count. Stood out in a game that didn’t have much quality.

Kildare999 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Columbo
Junior A
Junior A

Player Watch 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2024 10:11 pm

Shnakesrule wrote:
Was impressed with Pat Martin last night for ellistown. He was wearing 6 but playing wing back by the looks of it. Scored 1-1 from my count. Stood out in a game that didn’t have much quality.

I'm almost certain he was on that developmental panel Flanagan was over last year, he's a good lad with a good attitude, aspects of his game need working on like tackling technique but he has potential.

Ellistown have a young team and had 5 starters straight out of minor so do have a decent future as long as they don't get stuck down in Junior too long. Of them Evan Donnelly should be on the Kildare U20 panel next year.

really_unofficial_kildare likes this post

Back to top Go down
NorthernLily89
Senior
Senior

Player Watch 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2024 4:12 am

Bit off topic but credit to Collins for captaining Ireland against England the other night when Coleman went off, captain tonight however good or bad it goes, is there any other Kildare folk that played soccer for Ireland? I know Ombamidele is from Leixlip aswell. Feely was also a good baller to his credit. I think both were involved in their clubs at some stage, i see some of their family is. Good to see. Niall Quinn Eadestown when he retired is one to come to think of.
Back to top Go down
Columbo
Junior A
Junior A

Player Watch 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2024 8:09 am

Rory Feely played well as an emergency keeper for Barrow at the weekend until a last minute fumble. His Leinster u21 final appearance back in 2016 was a bit frustrating but he could have had the ability to make it for Kildare, if not outfield he would have had the attributes to make it as a modern converted keeper.
Back to top Go down
SplitThePosts
Senior
Senior

Player Watch 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2024 3:24 pm

Columbo wrote:
Rory Feely played well as an emergency keeper for Barrow at the weekend until a last minute fumble. His Leinster u21 final appearance back in 2016 was a bit frustrating but he could have had the ability to make it for Kildare, if not outfield he would have had the attributes to make it as a modern converted keeper.
Rory was an unreal talent at underage, I’d be very hard convinced he wouldn’t be wearing 9 for us now if he hadn’t gone to soccer

Clubman likes this post

Back to top Go down
MickosMen
Intercounty
Intercounty

Player Watch 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2024 9:48 pm

Mark Travers from Maynooth also. Conor Masterson formerly or Liverpool played underage GAA for Celbridge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Player Watch 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Player Watch 2024
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next