Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Player Watch 2024

Go down 
+29
ndog
micky murphy
murof
Kildare-Tom
Cassanata
PaddyMartinKildare
Southern Gael
Clubman
really_unofficial_kildare
BearintheSquare
Tawnbag123
rgb
Gaa1928
FlourBag_1
SplitThePosts
NorthernLily89
Columbo
Shnakesrule
Lillywhite20
Kildare999
TheManInTheStands
topcat
RiseAgainKildare
StayDownOnIt
TheBigDog#
Botch
MickosMen
newornowhere
Flamingo
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
RiseAgainKildare
Intermediate
Intermediate

Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2024 1:13 am

SplitThePosts wrote:
Columbo wrote:
Rory Feely played well as an emergency keeper for Barrow at the weekend until a last minute fumble. His Leinster u21 final appearance back in 2016 was a bit frustrating but he could have had the ability to make it for Kildare, if not outfield he would have had the attributes to make it as a modern converted keeper.
Rory was an unreal talent at underage, I’d be very hard convinced he wouldn’t be wearing 9 for us now if he hadn’t gone to soccer
He played a couple fo league games fr Athy this year when the soccer season was over. i heard he was the best player on the field in those games he played
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2024 8:47 pm

Celbridge had a big win yesterday, anyone know the scorers or who played well.
Athy seemed to pull away in the end too.
Back to top Go down
FlourBag_1
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 4:05 am

Impressed with Tom Browne (Naas) today. Pacy and looks like a player who can play in a few positions.

Tawnbag123 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 7:35 am

No.2 for Moorefield, unreal pace, went the length of the pitch and left all in his wake.
Back to top Go down
Kildare999
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 7:42 am

Players that stood out at the games I attended this weekend.

Sallins V Straffan- Colm Dalton best player on the pitch by a long way. Scored 3-4, strong runner and probably nailed on for a Senior call up next season. Very versatile too in that he played wing back for Kildare 20s this year and could play in the half forward line or even full forward line as easy.

Carbury v St Laurences- Tommy Gill very good at wing back, kicked 3 from play. Other than that it was a very poor game.

Celbridge v Cloghs- Shane McNamara very good on kickouts and scored a 45 for Celbridge.
Definitely top 3 keeper in the county in my view. Aaron and Killian Browne both very good also.

JTB v Raheens- Poor quality game, Dara Crowley solid again. Niall Dolan very good also but probably not at the Senior inter county level yet.

lilysavage and Tawnbag123 like this post

Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 7:54 am

Jimmy looked razor sharp today. Turn and shoot.

StayDownOnIt likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kildare999
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 7:55 am

rgb wrote:
How much did he score?
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 7:57 am

I honestly don't know but there were two or three near the end and it was Jimmy at his best.

Kildare999 and StayDownOnIt like this post

Back to top Go down
Tawnbag123
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 8:02 am

Players that stood out of the few games ,
Colm dalton has all the attributes for the game really look forward to see him over the few years .

Jimmy looks really good again so sharp so good to see .

Tommy gill done really well at wing back along with Alan Kearney in the middle who kicked few screams and caught some high ball .

Liking Dara Crowley this year from raheens has all the athelthicsm attributes .

Kildare999 likes this post

Back to top Go down
newornowhere
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 8:18 am

Mountaine I think for sarsfield I think and tom browne. Serious pace both of them.
Back to top Go down
BearintheSquare
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 8:25 am

Tawnbag123 wrote:
Colm dalton has all the attributes for the game really look forward to see him over the few years .

Tommy gill done really well at wing back along with Alan Kearney in the middle who kicked few screams and caught some high ball .

Kearney is flying. Best I've seen him play in years. Big hardy buck too.... if I saw him coming at me I'd get out of his way.

Back to top Go down
BearintheSquare
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 8:39 am

Tawnbag123 wrote:

Kearney is flying. Best I've seen him play in the past few seasons. He's a hardy buck too. If he was coming at me I'd get out of his way!!!

Back to top Go down
StayDownOnIt
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 9:03 am

rgb wrote:

This is the best news around players I've heard. If Jimmy is playing to his potential its a massive massive boost. He's a proven "3 or 4 from play, every day" man at senior inter-county level when he's at his best in a good setup. Tag on another 3 or 4 from frees and he's an 8 point man i.e. a marquee forward. Size is not an issue for him.

Isn't it great also that a lot of the other players mentioned (Tommy Gill, Colm Dalton et al) are going well and that the man who they had great success under at inter county level is there with his management team taking it all in just waiting to build something in Kildare.

Ohtoohtobe, Southern Gael and Tawnbag123 like this post

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 9:09 am

And you'd hope that a new S&C regime will manage a lad like Jimmy too. Getting him match ready is more important than slogging.

Good news overall!

Ohtoohtobe, OutTheGap, Southern Gael, Tawnbag123 and StayDownOnIt like this post

Back to top Go down
NorthernLily89
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 9:15 pm

Carbury win one game against a poor Larries side and suddenly their players should be in the Kildare side. Not doubting them named players but it should reflect their whole championship in which they've been brutal.

Botch, gunnerman and Tawnbag123 like this post

Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2024 1:20 pm

DJ Earley was outstanding on Jimmy tonight, I'm sure he'll feature in Flannos panel provided he makes himself available
Back to top Go down
TheBigDog#
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2024 9:02 pm

TheManInTheStands wrote:
DJ Earley was outstanding on Jimmy tonight, I'm sure he'll feature in Flannos panel provided he makes himself available

Whatever happened to the two Fitzpatrick brothers? Big things were expected of them a few years ago
Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2024 9:29 pm

In the game yesterday I thought for Eadestown Pauric Touhy and Rian Monaghan were very good. Tuohy is very direct and a strong runner. Monaghan was named on the bench but started and I thought he was probably the best player on the pitch at times. Very athletic and strong, very direct and assured in what he is doing. The Boran's are just excellent but you'll probably never get them away from hurling.
Harry O'Neill was as usual very very good. Cian Burke in goals too was very assured and his kickouts were excellent. We are blessed with goalkeepers at the moment but he has to be given a shot at some stage. Brian McLoughlin at midfield suits him as a playmaker and Shane O'Sullivan reaped the rewards of his quality of ball into him.

OutTheGap likes this post

Back to top Go down
Columbo
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2024 11:01 pm

TheBigDog# wrote:
TheManInTheStands wrote:

Whatever happened to the two Fitzpatrick brothers? Big things were expected of them a few years ago

Both would be into their 30s now.

TheBigDog# likes this post

Back to top Go down
newornowhere
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2024 11:46 pm

really_unofficial_kildare wrote:
In the game yesterday I thought for Eadestown Pauric Touhy and Rian Monaghan were very good. Tuohy is very direct and a strong runner. Monaghan was named on the bench but started and I thought he was probably the best player on the pitch at times. Very athletic and strong, very direct and assured in what he is doing. The Boran's are just excellent but you'll probably never get them away from hurling.
Harry O'Neill was as usual very very good. Cian Burke in goals too was very assured and his kickouts were excellent. We are blessed with goalkeepers at the moment but he has to be given a shot at some stage. Brian McLoughlin at midfield suits him as a playmaker and Shane O'Sullivan reaped the rewards of his quality of ball into him.

Touhy was badly treated under ryan. he was one of our best players when we beat dublin in newbridge then for some reason he got limited time in the remaining league fixtures. Hopefully he give it another go

StayDownOnIt likes this post

Back to top Go down
BearintheSquare
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2024 1:10 am

NorthernLily89 wrote:
Carbury win one game against a poor Larries side and suddenly their players should be in the Kildare side. Not doubting them named players but it should reflect their whole championship in which they've been brutal.

Ballyteague played a year at senior and lost every match a few seasons ago.... Should Jimmy Hyland have been dropped from Kildares plans instantly as a result?.

If your statement above was the case we should just field Naas every year as our County team going forward and scrap this thread altogether...

Carbury were beaten well by Raheens, lost to Johnstown by a point and beat Larries. Hardly a dire championship for a rural club?.

You must be from one of these clubs that have won a few group games in recent years and now think ye are the big cheeses in the North.... Come back when ye have your name on the Dermot Bourke more times than Carbury lol...

Back to top Go down
NorthernLily89
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2024 2:06 am

BearintheSquare wrote:
NorthernLily89 wrote:

Ballyteague played a year at senior and lost every match a few seasons ago.... Should Jimmy Hyland have been dropped from Kildares plans instantly as a result?.

If your statement above was the case we should just field Naas every year as our County team going forward and scrap this thread altogether...

Carbury were beaten well by Raheens, lost to Johnstown by a point and beat Larries. Hardly a dire championship for a rural club?.

You must be from one of these clubs that have won a few group games in recent years and now think ye are the big cheeses in the North.... Come back when ye have your name on the Dermot Bourke more times than Carbury lol...

Congrats on staying up. Jimmy is there on merit and one of the best players in the county, silly argument. Very defensive, I never said anything bad about Carbury, they've been brutal this championship which is not wrong. Can happen any club in any year. Come back to me when you've won something that wasn't 40 years ago, if you're going to go down that route 'lol'.
Back to top Go down
BearintheSquare
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2024 5:50 am

NorthernLily89 wrote:
BearintheSquare wrote:
NorthernLily89 wrote:

Congrats on staying up. Jimmy is there on merit and one of the best players in the county, silly argument. Very defensive, I never said anything bad about Carbury, they've been brutal this championship which is not wrong. Can happen any club in any year. Come back to me when you've won something that wasn't 40 years ago, if you're going to go down that route 'lol'.

Out of interest what club of a similar size to Carbury do you think is going seriously better?. From the 4 senior clubs in the north west I'd say they are on a similar par.

Carbury are the only club to have never been relegated from championship and its players like Tommy mentioned above that are keeping them there on merit...

Back to top Go down
Clubman
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2024 7:27 am

BearintheSquare wrote:
NorthernLily89 wrote:
BearintheSquare wrote:
NorthernLily89 wrote:

Out of interest what club of a similar size to Carbury do you think is going seriously better?. From the 4 senior clubs in the north west I'd say they are on a similar par.

Carbury are the only club to have never been relegated from championship and its players like Tommy mentioned above that are keeping them there on merit...

As a matter of interest. Which senior club would have the smallest pick ? Maynooth without doubt the biggest under achievers.
Massive town with a growing population.

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2024 7:38 am

In terms of smallest picks JTB and Cloghs split a rural parish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Player Watch 2024
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next