Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Player Watch 2024

Go down 
+29
ndog
micky murphy
murof
Kildare-Tom
Cassanata
PaddyMartinKildare
Southern Gael
Clubman
really_unofficial_kildare
BearintheSquare
Tawnbag123
rgb
Gaa1928
FlourBag_1
SplitThePosts
NorthernLily89
Columbo
Shnakesrule
Lillywhite20
Kildare999
TheManInTheStands
topcat
RiseAgainKildare
StayDownOnIt
TheBigDog#
Botch
MickosMen
newornowhere
Flamingo
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Kildare999
Senior
Senior

Player Watch 2024 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2024 2:32 am

Any word if Brian has been in touch with many lads to come on board for 2025 yet?
Back to top Go down
Tawnbag123
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2024 5:07 am

I hear mark don is travelling for the year ? Any truth to this
Back to top Go down
Southern Gael
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2024 7:00 pm

Kildare999 wrote:
Any word if Brian has been in touch with many lads to come on board for 2025 yet?

I heard he met up with Kevin Feely last week to discuss the coming season, I also hear Fergal Conway is coming back onto the panel
Back to top Go down
Shnakesrule
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2024 9:07 pm

Tawnbag123 wrote:
I hear mark don is travelling for the year ? Any truth to this
Yeah he is going travelling, not sure if for the full year but I don’t think he has any intention of going back in with Kildare.

Tawnbag123 likes this post

Back to top Go down
newornowhere
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2024 12:03 am

Southern Gael wrote:
Kildare999 wrote:

I heard he met up with Kevin Feely last week to discuss the coming season, I also hear Fergal Conway is coming back onto the panel

seriously conway, yer having a laugh
Back to top Go down
Morrissey
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2024 8:37 pm

I was listening to the excellent Irish Examiner podcast there this morning and James Horan mentioned Kildare played Cavan in a 'Sandbox' game at the weekend. Daniel Flynn played centre back interestingly enough. Nothing about how it went or who else played but seems that a team was put together for that game.

Columbo likes this post

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2024 9:24 pm

Nearly all the criticism Dan gets is his finishing and what he does close to goal. He still is a serious strike runner from deep. When his back is to goal with lads on him it's pointless.
That Mayo game in Croke Park a few years back everyone points to the dodgy goal; effort but I was sitting beside Mayo heads who were in awe of his ball carrying from deep that day.

I'm just looking at him as one example but it's good to see a few different things tried. Like Donegal's running game comes from the defenders like McHugh.

It might open the door for new players too in terms of a style.

Columbo likes this post

Back to top Go down
srg hartman
Junior A
Junior A
srg hartman

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2024 4:56 am

Morrissey wrote:
I was listening to the excellent Irish Examiner podcast there this morning and James Horan mentioned Kildare played Cavan in a 'Sandbox' game at the weekend. Daniel Flynn played centre back interestingly enough. Nothing about how it went or who else played but seems that a team was put together for that game.
Brosnan tweeted the score Cavan 2-21 (29) Kildare 3-14 (26)

Morrissey and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
BearintheSquare
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2024 10:38 pm

PaddyMartinKildare wrote:
Flamingo wrote:
Houlihan has niggles but I really don't understand why he got so little time last year. Him and a few other older heads could step up again with some structure.

We all have a go at Dan but honestly it was 4 v 1 against Naas at times. Plus, he has a use a ball carrier and not a finisher. It's not just him either. Others should be tried out or even let back to where some things worked under Glenn. K Flynn in midfield was one but then we just stopped it...

Division 3 is a happy medium where we can blood some lads and still be playing tough games. Every single player's spot will be under pressure after last year.

Fitness levels across the panel need to be sorted too. That alone could make or break us coming back up next year.

In fairness, Kevin Flynn was at midfield until he decapitated a Wicklow lad in the championship this year and got suspended.

That was a bad challenge in fairness
Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2024 11:51 pm

srg hartman wrote:
Morrissey wrote:
Brosnan tweeted the score Cavan 2-21 (29) Kildare 3-14 (26)

The numbers in brackets don't tally with the scoreline.
is that due to new rules on goals and points from distance?
Back to top Go down
Kildare999
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2024 8:49 am

Players that impressed in today’s semi finals

Intermediate- Leixlip v Milltown-
For Milltown Cian Buckley has been very good at full back all season. Good tackler, quick and can play ball out of defence. Patrick Donohue and Hugh Hamilton both good also maybe ones to keep an eye on for the future.
For Leixlip Jack Barrett is very accurate but not sure he’s inter county standard at least not yet.
Ronan fitzsimons excellent for leixlip, really strong runner and very good in the air. Definitely worth another shot on the Kildare panel for next season.

Senior- Celbridge v Sarsfields-

For Celbridge Aaron Browne was decent again. Kicked some excellent scores and then had a few poor wides also but definitely will be on the Kildare panel next season. Conway MOTM again, surely Flano has picked up the phone and asked him to consider a return? Cian Powell also good in defence.
For Sarsfields Callum Bolton very good and will be on the Kildare panel again. Colm Harnett and Ethan Mountaine both very good ball carriers, might be ones to keep an eye on. Karl Hartley very lively again and has been good all year for the Sash
Back to top Go down
Southern Gael
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2024 3:33 pm

Kildare999 wrote:
Players that impressed in today’s semi finals

Intermediate- Leixlip v Milltown-
For Milltown Cian Buckley has been very good at full back all season. Good tackler, quick and can play ball out of defence. Patrick Donohue and Hugh Hamilton both good also maybe ones to keep an eye on for the future.
For Leixlip Jack Barrett is very accurate but not sure he’s inter county standard at least not yet.
Ronan fitzsimons excellent for leixlip, really strong runner and very good in the air. Definitely worth another shot on the Kildare panel for next season.

Senior- Celbridge v Sarsfields-

For Celbridge Aaron Browne was decent again. Kicked some excellent scores and then had a few poor wides also but definitely will be on the Kildare panel next season. Conway MOTM again, surely Flano has picked up the phone and asked him to consider a return? Cian Powell also good in defence.
For Sarsfields Callum Bolton very good and will be on the Kildare panel again. Colm Harnett and Ethan Mountaine both very good ball carriers, might be ones to keep an eye on. Karl Hartley very lively again and has been good all year for the Sash
I heard Fergal Conway has been asked to come back onto the panel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch 2024   Player Watch 2024 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Player Watch 2024
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5