Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

leinster championship draw of 2011

Go down 
+13
shortgrass
Fear An Geata
GaaHead
MD
lilypremier
shoutitout
if_in_doubt
kildaregaa365
carburyman
Rex
kartman
walsheman
Jimmy winning matches
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

leinster championship draw of 2011 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: leinster championship draw of 2011   leinster championship draw of 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 6:37 am

why stoner?
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: leinster championship draw of 2011   leinster championship draw of 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 6:52 am

The only proper draw between hurling & football was the Ulster championship. No 2 draws were the same and each had different combinations. Does somebody just make it up?
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: leinster championship draw of 2011   leinster championship draw of 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 6:57 am

fone wrote:
vodafone2010 wrote:
supersub wrote:
Would like to get dublin and get a good win under our belts early.

Bring it ON Very Happy , At least it will put this to bed Laughing nice and early
i see smiley back

Wink hello fone , i think in fairness maybe momentum is on your side , easy one against wicklow , a good test against meath and if by the grace of god the winners of leinster is played between kildare and dublin at the semi final stage as for the opposite side of the draw its up in the air no defining team there , but lets both get through a good league program , kildare stepping up to div 1 as div 2 winners and the dubs getting to the latter stages of div one , will set up a hum dinger of a championship oh yeah before i forget my smiley Very Happy
Back to top Go down
midfieldmaestro
Senior
Senior
midfieldmaestro

PostSubject: Re: leinster championship draw of 2011   leinster championship draw of 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 8:01 pm

Interesting draw for Kildare - Certainly on the tougher side of the draw this year. Wicklow will be a difficult first game out.

I agree that it probably doesn't make much difference anymore but certainly would be best to go as far as possible in Leinster as you just never know with the qualifiers.

I definitely think that the training last year was focused for Kildare to peak later in the championship, maybe that was based on a relatively easy draw last year. With a tough draw this year I'd like to see a good end to the league, maybe get to a semi or final, then take that momentum into the championship. I think Geezer has a developed a large panel now and used them well this year so will be keen to keep that competition for places going throughout the league.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: leinster championship draw of 2011   leinster championship draw of 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 9:49 pm

Geezer has consistently maintained that training was NOT aimed at the latter stages of the championship, our defence was just caught cold against Louth.
Back to top Go down
midfieldmaestro
Senior
Senior
midfieldmaestro

PostSubject: Re: leinster championship draw of 2011   leinster championship draw of 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 12:17 am

Where did he say that KILL BILL, of course he wouldn't admit to it cos that would look arrogant and you'd writting off a few teams along the way.

They obviously did alot of weights before Christmas and early new year, league and first round of championship they looked short on ball work, the more game time they got later the better they got and the hard training and fitness showed.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: leinster championship draw of 2011   leinster championship draw of 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

leinster championship draw of 2011
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2