Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Demise of Grange Ladies

Go down 
+8
lollypop
nasnari
Dual
losthope
kelf
centreback
nomorethefool
SeeTheStars
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 9:57 am

See the Stars

Is it necessary to re-register a player who transfers ?

Thought that requirement was aboloshed 6/8 years back

Also re-registration if needed, with the electronic registration, could be done in minutes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 10:14 am

Why would it take more than 5 days to register a player?
And whilst this is a double edged sword - they would've been registered to play with Grange this season. The question is, can they play with 2 different clubs, in the same competition in the same year?

And perhaps you can answer me Kelf. What's the likely outcome from this referee's actions?
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 11:08 am

Registering takes time because when club emails form to registrar they then have to post on the cheque
When Registrar gets cheque she has to cheque everything, email on the forms and do out 2 cheques, one to Leinster & one to Central Council & post them.
Now Registrar has a life and so does all that once a week.
Player is only registered when both Leinster & Central get forms & cheques.

Re-registering would only be email from club & email to Leinster & Central & in this case its very local but as I said I dont think re-registering is necessary but I dont have a 2012 Rule Book !!!

I hear that Rule 313 provides for a player who transfers to play in these circumstances.

Outcome of Refs actions: Now that one I could get into trouble on, again. Me & Refs,ouch.

Now did the Ref actually prevent anyone from playing? I have not heard anything other than what here.
If the Ref did and if its brought to notice of CB, by Ref in his/her (?) Report or by one of the Clubs at the very least the game would have to be refixed. And perhaps a rules revision course for Refs ?????????????????
Back to top Go down
Dual
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 9:44 pm

Interesting to know if the referee was a county board official otherwise the referee can take no action with regards to team composition, their duty is to enforce the playing rules only - anything to do with player eligibiity is a matter for CB -
Back to top Go down
nasnari
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 9:49 pm

I think they are OK under these rule from the Official Guide as I believe it was discussed at the last CB meeting. Granted the Official Guide is far from transparent and rules 124 to 134 cover eligibity as regards a players first club. Doesn't appear to be any rule prohibiting playing League for only one club, even though it is a bit ridiculous. Rule 130 only detail prohibition on championship.

125. Each player, including adult players, shall register with their home club and
shall not be transferred to another club while there is a club in their own parish but
may get permission from their County Board to play with another club. This
permission is to be renewed on an annual basis.

308. If the player is NOT residing in the CCA of the Club to which she is transferring,
or if she is not returning to her home Club, the transfer must be:
(a) Discussed and cleared by the County Board to which she is
transferring.
(b) The transfer form endorsed to that effect, signed by the County
Secretary and
(c) Forwarded to the Provincial or National Secretary as
outlined in Rule 300.

If a player is found to have transferred using a particular address and found not to be living there 6 months after the transfer "may
be liable to suspension and the club may also be suspended." - would hope the clubs involved have their houses in order in this regard.

Never had myself down as a rules afficianado, however the recent transfer sagas in Kildare both in the mens and womens game would suggest a need for a transfer window. This kind of blasé transfer activity leaves little consistancy in the game albeit with only a few clubs complicit in it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 10:18 pm

Transfers in ladies football have always been a bit of a joke. Players can transfer without any real problems. Production of paper work which can be very easily created, clears the way.

THis is sure to turn into a very complicated and drawn out saga. Its amazing that there is no rule preventing players from playing with more than one club in the same league competition - thats just farsical. Even if the association are not willing to ammend this, surely a bylaw should be in place.

The issue of these players living in the same parish can be very easily cleared up by CB. Is Grange in the same parish as St. Laurences??

Then theres the whole transfer process itself. The development officer from Laurences is very quick to open his mouth about other clubs who recieve transfers. This same guy had no qualms in drwing players from Kilcullen, Athy and other neighbouring parishes when they were sertting up a few years back.
Then theres Confey, only recently the beneficeries of a transfer from Prosperous of a player who still lives in Prosperous. When questioned at that particular CB meeting, the fixtures sec, who is a Confey players, 'vouched' for her address and the transfer was processed immediately.

A proper transfer window would at least prevent such upheaval and irradicate these players whims!

As for referee's - you are spot on kelf. Revision courses are BADLY required in this county. Too many GAA referees are ruining our game. And some of the animals that are coaching club teams need to be turfed out. I can name 3 clubs that we playued this year who are always more interested in the opposing teams players than they are the ball. What makes it worse is that they are being encouraged to do so from the sideline.

When are the CB going to address this issue??

Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 8:56 am

Kildare did have a bylaw up to last year but it was ruled out of order on appeal to Central council, not having a closing date for transfers makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
lollypop
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 8:14 pm

Whitelass wrote:
Can't argue with what you say NMTF, I don't know who or what you are talking about. I did see Monasterevan play this year though & they were far from impressive.
From my experiences of playing against Rathangan, I can't blame people for not wanting to be involved. Dicipline is appaling, football is worse. There's a lot of footballers from that place playing football all aroun the county. Grange, Confey, Athgarvan, Ballykelly, Sarsfields & apparently M'evin all
have benefitted from that clubs failings. But at least they took the time to invest in an
underage structure. Unlike Grange
Fairly big off ye comin on to here slaggin off another club , im sure ye have facts to back up the bullshit . Ye must have some hidden agenda , genuine football people dont behave like that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 8:29 pm

Would you like names and incidents?? I can put them here if you wish my dear.

And if you cant name the players fro mrathangan who are now playing for other clubs, then I guess its you who needs to check your facts chicken.

And I think if you read back through this post, you'll find I merely replied to a comment from somebody from Rathangan moaning about some other poor unfortunate.

Genuine football people dont carry on like neanderthals on the football pitch!
Back to top Go down
lollypop
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:54 pm

Whitelass wrote:
Would you like names and incidents?? I can put them here if you wish my dear.

And if you cant name the players fro mrathangan who are now playing for other clubs, then I guess its you who needs to check your facts chicken.

And I think if you read back through this post, you'll find I merely replied to a comment from somebody from Rathangan moaning about some other poor unfortunate.

Genuine football people dont carry on like neanderthals on the football pitch!
i have no interest in getting into a BITCHING session wid ye , im fully aware off rathangan players playing for other clubs . I have a long involvement with rathangan gaa and im happy in the knowledge that members off my family would never want to play for another club .Have to be honest and say i dont look at this section off this forum very rarely and people like u are the reason for this . Kildare ladies football will always be 2nd tier because attitudes like yours . Im wonderin did ye ge let down by someone in rathangan , you seem to have a hidden agenda against rathangan . OH and finally before ye post a smart ass reply , i wont be lookin at it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 9:04 am

I never mentioned Rathangan GAA, I was speaking about my experiences playing against Rathangan ladies. But your assumption that they are one in the same highlights the problem with our game. Ladies football is riddled with guys who think they're training GAA teams and it's killing our game.

Finally if you think Kildare ladies football is second tier because of my attitude, your merely highlighting your lack of knowledge even further. I would offer to educate you, but there's no point. You "won't be lookin at it"
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 11:50 am

Whitelass, could you enlighten me please as to what you see wrong with ladies being trained like GAA teams, aside from a couple of rules differences it is essentially the same game

The guy above took offence because you had a go at Rathangan, he obviously dose not see a difference between the ladies and gents section of his club which to my mind is a good thing, for many years ladies were trying to get equality and respect within their local Gaa clubs, thankfully that seems to be the case now in a lot of places and rightly so. How you could see that as a problem is puzzling, but I am willing to listen to your reasoning, if you care to debate it ??
Back to top Go down
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 11:22 pm

One thing Kildare County Board could improve on is to delegate the granting of transfers to a sub committee.
This committee would be responsible for making sure that all aspects of the transfer were legal, including whether the addresses were genuine. Their decision could be ratified at the monthly meeting. At the moment discussions re transfers are an absolute farce with everyone speaking at the same time, arguments about whether the address is valid etc.
The new rules are a good thing from the point of view that if a girl is honest about her address it becomes self evident whether the transfer can be granted or not. If someone wants to bend the rules to get a transfer it's difficult to disprove.
Back to top Go down
fatherted
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 3:27 am

In the last couple of weeks i've had the opportunity to take in games involving underage teams from our bounty and various other club teams from other countys. One thing has stood out for me is how soft we are here in Kildare. From what i see our club referee are too quick to blow for free's when they are barely touched. I took in the Feile finals and if you got a free it was hard earned. We're way too soft here in Kildare re application of the rules.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 3:41 am

Totally agree and you are spot on regarding honesty. The amount of time wasted at county board meetings on transfers puts a lot of people off attending because the same arguments are rehashed month after month. A sub committee would cut through all the bull and could make a recommendation to a county board meeting whether to pass or reject the transfer based on the info provided, final say should always remain with the club delegates though
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 4:01 am

I'm glad it's not just me Fatherted, I've just come from watching the local parish team lose the Leinster community games final and would agree that other counties are a lot more aggressive in the tackle and non Kildare referees do not treat them as fouls. Kildare ladies are treated with kid gloves by referees in the club competitions and get a big shock when the venture outside.

On a separate note well done to the local girls u 12 team and their mentors on winning the county title in community games and on reaching the Leinster final where the were beaten by the Offaly champions today, on a personal level it was great to see so many girls from my own club involved, 16 of the 20 players play for Ballykelly, 3 from Monasterevin and 1 from Kildangan/Nurney
Back to top Go down
dawndempsey
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 7:03 am

Whitelass wrote:
Can't argue with what you say NMTF, I don't know who or what you are talking about. I did see Monasterevan play this year though & they were far from impressive.
From my experiences of playing against Rathangan, I can't blame people for not wanting to be involved. Dicipline is appaling, football is worse. There's a lot of footballers from that place playing football all aroun the county. Grange, Confey, Athgarvan, Ballykelly, Sarsfields & apparently M'evin all
have benefitted from that clubs failings. But at least they took the time to invest in an
underage structure. Unlike Grange

I don't use this site but it was brought to my attention that Rathangan Ladies Football was being slated on it and I'm not goin to hide behind a different name and if you want facts about why these players are playin for other clubs it was because about 9 years ago Rathangan folded and players had to get transfers to other clubs. At that time players didn't go on loan as I myself went to play for Athgarvan. After a few years we got Rathangan ladies going again and many players came back and had to get transferred back to their own clubs but some players were happy where they were and stayed. There is no ill feeling with any of these players. As regards for your comment about our discipline and football its just appalling and i wont lower myself to reply to that. From reading ur comments whitelass it just appears that u come on this to slate other clubs and enjoy to c some clubs struggle. Im very proud to play with Rathangan and there is no other club i would rather play for.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:55 am

Well said Dawn
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:01 am

Power of few but serious words,

Faid dues Dawn
Back to top Go down
nomorethefool
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 5:57 pm

leahys got ther transfers tru as did some girl called cullen i tink.
with regard to seeing the light,everytin was fine until sum1 smashed d bulb if u get my drift!!
also,jus to clear up a possible misunderstandin, the player whom received her transfer to monasterevin was not a "rathangan" player,she had moved from north kildare(WHER SHE PLAYED HER CLUB FOOTBALL) to live in rathangan(and still does) and was allowed to transfer "against the parish rule",which was in place since the foundation of the association,so the new CCA doesnt really matter and even if it was within the bounds of the new rule,when did rathangan become a catchment area for monasterevin??
correct me if im wrong,but im not aware of ballykelly having any players from rathangan "ILLEGALLY"??
Back to top Go down
nomorethefool
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 6:07 pm

by the way, the 2 burns girls (Suzie and Tara) transfers to larries wer refused,but the interestin tings here ar, (1) the address they live at is in a parish that actually has no ladies football team whatsoever!! so they can,UNDER RULE, play wher they like and (2) the parish they reside in is also recognised as a garrisson parish!!! does this not bring back memories of the previous senior county managers exploits manipulating this situation to manage Eadestown to an all ireland title with a countrywide side?? on that same basis then these two girls AGAIN can play wher they like!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 10:31 pm

ok girls, let me make one thing very clear here. I spoke of my experience of playing against Rathangan on 3 seperate occasions. Each occasion we were met with some decent football but some foul mouthed abusive instructions from the sideline and some players who were more than willing to carry out those instructions. We won the game on each occasion but were more than happy to leave without any serious injuries. If people take offence to that, then so be it. BUt they are facts, not insinuations.

As for this transfer you keep harping on about (Fool). Who says that girl lives in Rathangan? Who cares if she plays for Ballykelly Monstrvin or Rathangan? Our club has always had a policy of training and encouraging young players to progress through the ranks. ON the odd occasion you do come accross a girl who decides she dosen't want to play with us anymore.ONce we have exhausted every avenue to make sure theres nothing we can do to correct the situation, well then we don;t stand in her way. What is the point in having a player at your club who does not want to be there?

As for Grange. Well as has been pointed out here, they are suffering now for not being a club. Every team has a sell by date, and once that date comes and theres no fresh players feeding in to it. Its curtains.

Enjoy the league finals today. Here's hoping the Kilcock girls can finish the job cheers
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 7:03 pm

nomorethefool wrote:
by the way, the 2 burns girls (Suzie and Tara) transfers to larries wer refused,but the interestin tings here ar, (1) the address they live at is in a parish that actually has no ladies football team whatsoever!! so they can,UNDER RULE, play wher they like and (2) the parish they reside in is also recognised as a garrisson parish!!! does this not bring back memories of the previous senior county managers exploits manipulating this situation to manage Eadestown to an all ireland title with a countrywide side?? on that same basis then these two girls AGAIN can play wher they like!!!!!!!!!!!

That brought great pride and joy to a little townland. All rules were adhered to unlike some other instances that have been referred to. I think there were four, maybe five players from outside the county on the team. There are15-20 local girls that have All-Ireland medals, as well as those four or five. All trained like few, if any other team in the county. They certainly trained harder than the first team at some GAA clubs I know unfortunately. Wouldn't be having the snideness, though I know there's bitterness in Kildare over it. But Kildare has very few All-Irelands, not to mention Kildare's ladies football. That's why winning Leinster minor B titles are heralded. And I don't begrudge those involved in those achievements. And I have huge admiration for those involve in an All-Ireland winning side.

The funny thing is, we'd all have loved to have a couple of those players and I think there's a lot of jealousy that one man was so on the ball to get anyone in the county that was available. I wouldn't knock him for that, I'd give him credit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 4:49 am

I'm curious here. Are people annoyed at other players for choosing not to play for their club? Or is it because the perceived breaking of rules?

I have some very good friends in Eadestown who soldiered hard for their club and county over the years. Mary Fitz, Frankie Byrne, D Boylan all wore the Kildare jersey with distinction and contributed greatly to Eadestown's All Ireland win. But even they will admit what web on that year with transfers was bizarre.

Transfers is a hot topic accross the boards these days. With the Geange players up for grabs and the Seanie Johnson saga in the GAA. If people are being honest they will realise and admit thy there's hardly a club in this county who haven't benefitted from transferred players at some stage.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:08 am

I believe there were more transfers in to go to Larries at tonight's county board meeting, are they now fast becoming the next super club and has this been a factor in Maynooth withdrawing fro the inter championship, its rumoured Sarsfield's may also do the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demise of Grange Ladies
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next