Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Demise of Grange Ladies

Go down 
+8
lollypop
nasnari
Dual
losthope
kelf
centreback
nomorethefool
SeeTheStars
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
nasnari
Junior C
Junior C

Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 9:41 am

ballyboy wrote:
I believe there were more transfers in to go to Larries at tonight's county board meeting, are they now fast becoming the next super club and has this been a factor in Maynooth withdrawing fro the inter championship, its rumoured Sarsfield's may also do the same.

Did the transfers go through this time ballyboy? Surely this can only serve to alienate their own in Larries? With all the work they've done to develop their juvenile structures, they certainly would have been a contender on their own merits in this year's Inter championship. They pushed a couple of the teams in Division 1 close, and were probably missing a few on certain nights too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 9:47 am

No doubt Donna Berry and the rest have followed? I can't say I'd blame clubs like Maynooth or Sarsfields for withdrawing. Of Larries are benefitting from these mass transfers of senior players, they should be competing in the senior championship and not trying to hoodwink Intermediate clubs.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 5:34 pm

Donna has not looked for a transfer so it looks like she wont be playing any club championship which is a pity. Athy, Castlemitchell or Rheban would benefit ?

Heard there were a few looking for transfers last night. Were any granted ?

I know the old "parish rule" has been replaced by "area" which is really the same thing. Does anyone know what parish, Athy, Moone or Castledermot are the Knockroe, Castleroe, Maganey, Levittstown areas are in or what Club claims them,
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 9:19 pm

Kelf, some of the townlands you mention are in Tankardstown parish which is a parish that straddles the Kildare/Laois border, as far as I am aware that entitles players who reside there to play with a club of their choice in either county as to the best of my knowledge there is no club in that parish, bit like the Curragh camp thing. There is no Athy parish as such, its the parish of St Michael's and while it encompasses Athy it has a surprisingly small footprint

With so many players going into St Laurance's its bound to cause problems, the intermediate championship is pointless exercise for the other clubs now including my own
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:28 am

My information tells me that Maynooth's withdrawal from championship has nothing whatsoever to do with Laurence's transfer activity. But the fact that CB changed the fixtures plan which was set out early in the year. Instead of championship commencing at the end of August, it now starts at the beginning of August.

Both Nomorethefool and Ballboy have lots to say about Sash, Larries & Maynooth. In the background they are pondering what to do about their own adult team.
The burning question is, will Ballykelly play in the Intermediate championship or not??

Competition is growing around you guys. Will you step up to your local rivals or will you just continue to speculte what other clubs are doing?? cyclops
Back to top Go down
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:54 am

The situation around Parishes, parish boundaries and transfers is farcical, more and more time is wasted at every meeting with this, transfer applicants are now required to submit a proof of address with their application. The amount of time spent peering at maps and adjudicating on addresses beggars belief. And for what?
Would it be such a bad thing to forget about parish rules, CCAs, parish maps etc and let girls play with what ever club they want to. It's happening already to an extent in that there are three or four clubs in Monasterevin Parish and they all seem to be doing ok. Same in Newbridge, where both clubs are thriving. Athy or St Michaels or whatever the hell it's called has three clubs, all doing well.
In Dublin girls can go wherever they want without worrying about lines on a map, the only stipulation being that a certain number of players can move to any club. Why one rule for Kildare and a different one for the next door neighbour.

Ladies football is governed by antediluvian dinosaurs who are clinging to an outmoded and outdated ethos long since abandoned by all other branches of the association. Meanwhile rugby and soccer are hoovering up disgruntled players who can't get a game.

Some people here are twisting the Maynooth situation, it was stated at the meeting that they are missing a few players due to emigration and injuries etc and felt that they could not field a team this year. Everything else is hearsay and speculation. I am sure when Maynooth were sitting down to determine whether they could enter a team they were not worrying about what St Laurences were doing. As far as I know Sarsfields are hale and hearty and looking forward to giving it a right go in the championship.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 6:37 pm

Whitelass did anyone ever tell you that you are very good at pointing out the obvious, I am indeed interested in what Maynooth, Sarsfields and St Laurances are doing simply because the are intermediate the same as ourselves. The reason I speculate about Sarsfields is because of their league campaign, the failed to field against us on both occasions. hopefully this wont be repeated.

As for the local competition, I wish them well but they are junior D, and two are junior C, they do have a bit of stepping up to do yet, does that answer your burning question for you ??
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:24 pm

See the Stars

The "Area" rule , brought in this year is what's there and Kildare have no option other than work with it.

Now if somebody wants to change it just propose it at a club meeting and if the club agrees they can put it in as a motion for County Convention.

Balyna did that around 2009, Kildare approved it but when it went to Congress the rest of the country did not.
That was probably as in most Counties both the GAA & Ladies tihey support the "Parish/ Area" tradition

Now the GAA have the same rule which Kildare dont use as in the GAA (but not in Ladies) there is a provision for any count to bring in a byelaw to ignore the "Areas".

A proposal to add that provision might have a better than than a proped free for all.

You mentioned 2 clubs in Newbridge parish, there are 3, Sash, Moors & Athgarvan.

You mentioned Dublin: The Area rule specifically excludes cities.

Your proposall could be very simple

Add to Rule 156 ( or whatever it is): .....................
and copy in the exection rule from the GAA rulebook.

Good luck with the idea as its very difficult to work the Rule in Kildare when the tradition in KIldare GAA is to ignore it but dont forget that in the vast majority of counties its enforced and often with great zeal !!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:58 am

Well with one relegation under the belt and with championship on the horizon, another is possible. You might not be as far ahead a you think bounce

I remember fondly how my club cloe the gap on our nearest and dearest. It's funny how the friendly rivalry we once had between the 2 clubs, changed once we became a threat.

As for the transfer situation. A cut off date within the county would prevent all these glory seeking transfers. But god forbid the CB wud do something sensible like that.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:17 pm

Relegation???.... What are you talking about ..

As for the rivalry, its been there for the last 59 years, other clubs have come and gone in that time but you can rest assured the two clubs in Monasterevin town will be there long after you and I loose interest

For a while it seemed you might have been someone that I could engage in mature debate, from your last few posts its obvious you don't even have the interest or dare I say it the intelligence to research the info needed for such debates to take place.

Relegation. where did you get that.... Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 2:12 pm

White lass: Cut Off date: We had that for about 8 years ( April CB, same as Kildare GAA) but then a club went to Leinster to protest it and it was ruled out of order. So CB cannot now have a cut off date !!! So lts be fair to people on CB !!!!!
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 2:40 pm

Correct Kelf, and as far as I am aware it was my own club that proposed that cut off date, and I am nearly sure it was our local rivals who challenged it and had it ruled out of order.

Asking that particular poster to be fair to county board is imo a waste of time, he/she is one of the many who hurl from the ditch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 5:00 pm

Cut Off date: Originally proposed in Jan 2004 by Athgarvan rep, seconded by Leixlip rep. I had believed it was by then Chairperson Seamus McCabe.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 7:24 pm

I stand corrected, do know it was a real bone of contention with our rep and still is, he believes to much time is wasted at every county board meetings dealing with transfers.
Back to top Go down
Anto Mooney
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 11:25 pm

I was informed that my club Maynooth (whom i am the Manager of), has been mentioned a few times on this website and i felt i had to clarify a few things.
Firstly we have unfortunately withdrawn from this years Intermediate Championship. This decision was not taken lightly, and personally im very saddened as i have been involved in ladies football in Maynooth from its very first day.
The decision to withdraw has absolutely nothing to do with any transfers into St. Laurences, and has nothing to do with ANY other club other than ours.

Unfortunately we did not have an u14 team for a few years and its just now that the ladies team are suffering the gap years.
We have 6 players in the USA on J1 Visa's and they wont be back until Sept (after the Championship).
We also have 4 girls who have emmigrated for work reasons, and another 3 or 4 that are not available to play anymore due to work commitments, and who can blame them in these current times.
We have 2 girls with broken arms, 2 with very serious long term knee injuries and 2 girls who have had to retire due to very serious ongoing injuries.
From our panel in 2008 we have no one currently fit and playing.

Thankfully we were able to field a team in the league due to some of the u15s playing up with us. Unfortunately most of them are away on holidays with their parents during the championship dates, hence the reason that we have to withdraw.

Withdrawing was a hard decision to make but if we dont have the players available on the day we just cannot field. We currently have a good underage structure in place and will continue to work hard as a club and hopefully we can reap the benefit in years to come.

Regarding Grange Ladies it is very sad to see this happening. 5 times Senior Champions, Intermediate Champions last year and great servants to the county team.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 1:34 am

Anto

Thankfully I did not comment on Maynooth or the why's wherefores of the transfers and also regret the demise ( for now only I hope) of a great club.

Maynooth have also been a great club and that is due in the main to one person who now comes out in a straight & honest fashion to clarify things.

Anto has always been straight up and I admire that and her massive contribution to Maynooth & KIldare ( now not that the 2 of us always saw eye to eye mind !!!!)

Well said Anto and I wish Maynooth the very best for the Autumn and 2013.
Back to top Go down
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:50 am

Well said Anto, would echo what Kelf has just written, Maynooth are a coming club with great underage structures. Best of luck in the future.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Well that answers my question regarding Maynooth Anto, hopefully your problems can be sorted in the short term, its a little worrying that 2 off Kildare's historically strongest club's are experiencing problems. There are others that appear to be in similar positions, hopefully we don't have any other fallers
Back to top Go down
fatherted
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 11:14 pm

If rumours are true that the Intermediate Championship is now reduced to just a couple of clubs then its all becoming a bit of a farce really. Say what you like about lads football and i'm a huge supporter of both but i would never happen in the lads football that teams would be considering withdrawing from their championships.
Back to top Go down
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 7:45 am

Can anyone tell me why there are some many grades in the Ladies Championship, all the way down to Junior D or something. Surely it would make more sense to have a Senior Championship of 12-16 teams, an Intermediate with the same amount and a Junior with the remainder.
If you look at mens football, of the teams in the senior championship only a small number would have a chance of winning it, however it doesn't stop the rest of the teams competing.
Perhaps the problem is that there are so many divisions at underage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:13 am

fatherted wrote:
In the last couple of weeks i've had the opportunity to take in games involving underage teams from our bounty and various other club teams from other countys. One thing has stood out for me is how soft we are here in Kildare. From what i see our club referee are too quick to blow for free's when they are barely touched. I took in the Feile finals and if you got a free it was hard earned. We're way too soft here in Kildare re application of the rules.

Having watched a couple games in the opening rounds of this years championship and having seen more than a few games in the league this year, I definitely do not agree that referees are too strict in this county. There are a frightening number of teams who intentionally play & foul the player in possession.

I would be inclined to ask you Fatherted, what game you may have seen where a referee was too strict? Because it most definitely is not accross the board in Kildare club football.

It's only recently that a referee has been sanctioned by the CB & is not allowed to referee matches until he meets with their disciplinary committee. Having seen that particular individual in action, I hope he sticks to refereeing soccer & is never allowed near our games again!
Back to top Go down
fatherted
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 7:19 pm

The standard of refereeing in ladies in kildare goes from one extreme to the other but its no differrent to the lads in that respect whitelass. In the lads when you see who's reffing you know what sort of game its going to be. I went to a minor championship match couple of weels ago with one of these said refs. Row broke out and he stood back and watched it prob involved 12 players and when it was over he handed out one yellow couldnt believe it. Could and should have sent off six players. I spent my whole evening in A&E with one of the lads who was hit he's still not back playing.

I went to a school game this week outside the county and found it a lot more physical than what i'd be used to seeing in kildare not dirty now just a good tough game.

Couldn't agree more about that referee your on about, hear he's back doing games again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demise of Grange Ladies   Demise of Grange Ladies - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demise of Grange Ladies
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3