Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Minor B&C Championships

Go down 
+28
walsheman
overthebar
Come on the Boys in Blue
sean
lomond
Athyman
Jimmy winning matches
analysis
Botch
Pin High
lastline
SeeTheStars
behind the lines
Haggisgolf
Fear An Geata
Big Full Back
Cilldara_2000
lillyboy
Bān go Lēir
topcat
lollypop
bluetown
SeamusMurphy
Loads of Pints
shortgrass
losthope
Taibi
TheManInTheStands
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:11 am

Im hearing Na Fianna have an appeal in over being thrown out of the championship and thats why Kill and Confey havent played? Can anyone confirm this?
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:01 pm

Kill are palying tonight against Confey
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 10:01 pm

What were Na Fianna thrown out for ??
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 10:29 pm

Failing to fulfill the fixture with Confey. They looked for it off and Confey wouldn't agree to a change.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 12:50 am

Thats a couple of shocks in the B Champ. I thought Suncroft would beat Larries just about. But I was backing Balyna to go the whole way in the B Championship. That leaves it wide open now.
I would fancy Kill to beat Confey and Raheens to overcome Larries, but Monasterevin victory probably leaves all teams now thinking they can win it.
I think it will be a Celbridge v Athy Final in the A champ.

Any other results in the C ?
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:18 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Thats a couple of shocks in the B Champ. I thought Suncroft would beat Larries just about. But I was backing Balyna to go the whole way in the B Championship. That leaves it wide open now.
I would fancy Kill to beat Confey and Raheens to overcome Larries, but Monasterevin victory probably leaves all teams now thinking they can win it.
I think it will be a Celbridge v Athy Final in the A champ.

Any other results in the C ?

Grange beat Nurney by a point.

Rathangan are head and shoulders above everyone else in the C.
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 6:39 am

Any word on Kill vs Confey?
Back to top Go down
sean
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 8:27 am

Confey 3-09 v 1-09 Kill . Constant rain made it an error ridden game, Kill a bit unlucky as two late goals for Confey sealed it.
Back to top Go down
Pin High
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 8:49 am

If ever there was confirmation that it's now a 20 man game it was tonight. Kill were 2/3 points up coming into the last 10 but have no subs to freshen things up. In the heavy conditions they were out on their feet. But well done Confey who finished well.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 1:37 am

Were you at the Monasterevin v Balyna match TMITS ? I heard that Balyna were a big team and played the game at a very physical level all Year.
I agree with Taibi re Rathangan, but they seem to blow so many finals for some reason.

Shocked to see Confey beaten Kill, or am I off the mark here?
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 2:12 am

I heard Fitzpatrick kicked something like 12 or 13 of Monasterevin's 16 points.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 2:51 am

Jes thats some performance Fear, if so, and I see Niall Kelly got 9 of Athys 13 in their QF.
Is Fitzpatrick on the Monasterevin Intermediate Team ?
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 3:29 am

Yes was at the game boys was a great game neck to neck for most of the game bar the start when Balyna went 4 or 5 up and at the end when Monasterevin pulled away.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 3:49 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Jes thats some performance Fear, if so, and I see Niall Kelly got 9 of Athys 13 in their QF.
Is Fitzpatrick on the Monasterevin Intermediate Team ?

Not sure if he's part of their panel or not but he didn't feature for them against Caragh or Eadestown.
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 4:00 am

He is part of the panel since the Eadestown game i heard
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 2:42 am

I see the C final isnt being played before the Junior A final this year
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 3:31 am

Yeah I saw that, thats a strange one.
Not really fair on the teams who get there.
Probably not high on the CB agenda at this time of Year. Prob end up in Hawkfield on a wet and windy Wednesday night, with only the Ref and provide your own linesmen / umpires as so often happens in Hawkfield.
Am I right in saying that the recent Ballykelly V Caragh Q Final took place in St Laurences ? . Fairly neutral Venue, not exactly convenient, or halfway !!
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 1:25 am

Towers 2-07 Athy 0-10
Back to top Go down
lollypop
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 3:30 am

rathangan 3 10 grange 1 03 carbury beat ballykelly in the other semi , rathangan in dere 4th c final in a row

Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 8:26 pm

Too the athy minor panel

A Great game of football , Hard luck Athy Minors you played well your a credit to your club and your families , there shall a great future for those lads when they become senior players !!

1st

But as for your management , I have never heard so much disrespect directed at the opposition , there behaviour was shameful on the line , with a constant barrage of the " The Kick outs are sh...e " bleeted every time there was a Towers kickout in the second half , but I think KARMA got that remark right in the end " The Kick outs were sh...e " but unfortunetly it was from the Athy end in the last ten minutes !! not that we would SO publicly need to express it on the day or need to ridicule ANY minor footballerswho give there time and dedication to the game !!

2nd

We will gladly take one of the two dressingrooms , which were , "requested to be reserved" , for the county final day !! apparently lodged a few days prior to this game !! Wink You need to get to a final first lads before making or lodging silly requests like this Cool , So hopefully and no doubt your Seniors are in with a shout as long as they dont take the opposition for granted , in the same manner as above Wink

Last edited by vodafone2012 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 8:48 pm

Ah now Vodafone it was a great game of football fair dues to round towers they were well worth the win, I hope they will go on and win it now, that is the positive the negatives were the referee was abysmal , and let a huge amount of pulling and dragging and cynical play go without been punished. Athy really threw the game away in the second half by missing 9 opportunities to win, fair play to round towers they hit a purple patch and really punished athy, they are a big physical side and can also play football, they will be hard to beat, I wish ye well athy management shouldn't be commenting on kick outs, as for reserving a dressing room I find that hard to beleive as everybody knew that it was a 50/50 game. I hope you go on and win it know somebody has to beat celbridge.Smile
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 9:03 pm

Athyman wrote:
Ah now Vodafone it was a great game of football fair dues to round towers they were well worth the win, I hope they will go on and win it now, that is the positive the negatives were the referee was abysmal , and let a huge amount of pulling and dragging and cynical play go without been punished. Athy really threw the game away in the second half by missing 9 opportunities to win, fair play to round towers they hit a purple patch and really punished athy, they are a big physical side and can also play football, they will be hard to beat, I wish ye well athy management shouldn't be commenting on kick outs, as for reserving a dressing room I find that hard to beleive as everybody knew that it was a 50/50 game. I hope you go on and win it know somebody has to beat celbridge.Smile

Pure gentle man Athyman !!

Your accessment is spot on !! agree totally , but its doesnt serve those athy minors well , the comments made , and i am sure if the management were more focused on the team they were guilding the result would have favour Athy !!

The dressingroom comment, It came from a reliable source , believe me , I just think and its a opinion that was very assuming , now you maybe correct , its hard to believe , but I wouldnt doubt this source
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 9:32 pm

If somebody reserved a dressing room for the final that is showing total disrespect for the other team, hard to beleive that there would be somebody so arrogant to assume they are going to get to the final, remember the league encounter between both teams was a draw if memory does not fail me, the talk in athy was that round towers were going to be hard to beat, so I hope that you're sources are wrong. The positives from round towers point of view is that if you can keep that team together they are going to make great seniors, as for our senior team we still have to face Carbury who will be looking for revenge from last year, every team has a chance and I would not underestimate Carbury it will be a close hard fought game with little in it at the end, athy may just shade this one.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:24 pm

Reserving a dressing room !!! now that's pure bull, I was present yesterday when the two Junior A clubs were asked did they want to toss for dressing rooms, both declined, I can only assume they both had the good sense to realize it wasn't a pissing contest they were in. This happens at all county finals

Vodafone, your source is pulling you leg
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 12:08 am

Just on yesterdays junior final there Ballyboy, was told before the match yesterday that the Twomilehouse team trained last sunday morning and then the team got on a bus and went to look at the Longford county junior final to check out their opposition in the leinster championship 1st round.........................now if that is true.........well talking about giving the opposition a stick to beat you with...........mmmmmmmm.......hardly true...?????????????? mr gilroy wouldn't do such a thing.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minor B&C Championships
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next