Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Minor B&C Championships

Go down 
+28
walsheman
overthebar
Come on the Boys in Blue
sean
lomond
Athyman
Jimmy winning matches
analysis
Botch
Pin High
lastline
SeeTheStars
behind the lines
Haggisgolf
Fear An Geata
Big Full Back
Cilldara_2000
lillyboy
Bān go Lēir
topcat
lollypop
bluetown
SeamusMurphy
Loads of Pints
shortgrass
losthope
Taibi
TheManInTheStands
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
behind the lines
Junior C
Junior C

Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 10:33 pm

There was no game on the pitch on stradbally side of Athy that pitch is in great order
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 11:50 pm

The game in question was originally scheduled to be played in nurney . It was changed to the pitch on the stradbally side of athy days before the match only for it to be changed again on the day of the match to the pitch on the carlow side of athy which was in a terrible condition!!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 3:02 am

Gas, it was none of the pitches above. Which dosnt make it better. I can have some sympathy with a Club getting a fixture at late notice, however no excuse for ankle high grass regardless.
The venue I mention had ample time to sort the pitch BYM.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 3:11 am

Just say where the damn pitch was, Grange?
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 3:33 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Gas, it was none of the pitches above. Which dosnt make it better. I can have some sympathy with a Club getting a fixture at late notice, however no excuse for ankle high grass regardless.
The venue I mention had ample time to sort the pitch BYM.

Well if none of the pitches mentioned above are the one your referring to that means there is two pitches in this county that had the exact same features Wednesday night and i mean exact!! @Taibi a man like you can't be fooled anyway..
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 4:00 am

Are you surprised TMITS that there was more than one pitch borderline unplayable on wed night?
Regardless, the point is, its disrespectfull to players whether its the A,B or C championships.
Why the panic anyway, probably wont be another match for 2 weeks or so.
Back to top Go down
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 5:49 am

Why would any pitch have ankle high grass at this time of year. It's high season, grass should be getting cut twice a week as there are numerous other fixtures, underage, adult ladies, training etc. It's just bad management by the club. If they can't keep the grass cut they should not be getting games.
On a separate note, Clubs hosting championship games are supposed to supply four neutral umpires and two neutral linesmen, yet this very rarely is the case.
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:42 am

they still in the junior c/ship. think thye would look after there own interest. not like they are trying to replicate other pitch condtions that they might be goin to play on in the next week or two
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:34 pm

As a matter of interest STS, are you on list in your own to be called on for match duties, I know we are lucky enough at the moment to have 5-6 lads willing to do it but it was not always the case, its not easy to get people to do it now
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 7:03 pm

re linesmen and umpires, its very difficult to get people to do these jobs when your own club has a championship match on at the same time as is the case with the minor championship
Back to top Go down
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 10:32 am

I am indeed ballyboy, did the line the other night at a minor match.
I agree with lillyboy, the difficulty is when your own club is playing on the same night. It would be an absolute nightmare trying to schedule games if you were to take into account the whether the venue's own team were playing on the same night.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 4:36 pm

Your right, every club only has a hand full of volunteers, if there is a club game elsewhere then your screwed. For all of Kildares famed support, it doesn't reflect at club level, is it the same in other counties ??
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 12:27 am

In fairness i've played 5 championship matches in the last 2 months at minor and reserve B level and all the clubs i've played in have supplied umpires with the downfall coming to linesmen. Only one of the clubs provided linesmen so as it goes a person from one club does one line and a persson from the other does the other line which usually ends in the men being biased and giving threre own club most balls that go out on there side..
Back to top Go down
Haggisgolf
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:21 am

B championship. Kill 1-10 Raheens 0 - 05.
Back to top Go down
Pin High
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 6:40 am

Tonight I headed over to Naas GAA to watch a b championship game to find out that it had been called off due to an unplayable pitch (scheduled for 6.45 called off at 6.20 with both teams there and ready to go) I had a look at the pitch and compared to matched I've seen played on other surfaces this year it was immaculate. I then asked the managers of the teams involved who called it off to be told it was officials from Naas who made the call. I asked had the referee been involved and one of them was told that someone from Naas rang the referee to inform him it was unplayable - it very clearly wasn't.
Having made the decision to call it off the Naas personnel then asked everyone to leave as they were locking up. On my way out I noticed a number of young players getting soaked in the rain outside the GAA having to wait for their lifts to return to pick them up. I spoke to one of the lads to find out that he had travelled down from Dublin where he had just enrolled in UCD and was now travelling back (on public transport) he understandable was a little p'd off.
During the course of the next hour I travelled past 2 grounds within 2/3 miles of Naas and matches were going ahead. Would be very keen to hear a Legitimate reason for why game was called off (and dont insult me by saying it was the pitch!) Also Naas GAA (or more accurately their representatives this evening) need an induction on what 'give respect get respect' is all about.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 7:43 pm

Yeah. Heard the same last night from one of our minors who was not best pleased.According to him it was called off because of rain. He was disgusted. Plays numerous sports and is good at all of them so hope we dont loose him. Gaa is number 2 after rugby with him at the moment.
Back to top Go down
analysis
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 10:27 pm

Pin High wrote:
Also Naas GAA (or more accurately their representatives this evening) need an induction on what 'give respect get respect' is all about.

In fairness what has give respect get respect got to do with it, the naas gaa personnel as you call them are just volunteers the same as the rest of us, they look after their grounds, and made a call last night to close pitches, we should respect their decision, they would know their grounds best and obviously felt they wouldnt be able for the game.

You probably just looked at the pitch from a distance, there could have been issues in certain areas of the pitch with flooding, etc., who knows.

Why would Naas have any reason not to want the game going ahead? Naas GAA often host outside games, they'd have no reason to call it off.
Back to top Go down
Pin High
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 7:05 am

Let me clarify

I walked the pitch and there were no problems with it. It is sand based and was without doubt playable. Some of those present laughed at the decision suspicious of the reason for saying it wasn't playable

Why wasn't the referee allowed to inspect the pitch and make the decision

'give respect' refers to several young men being made stand outside the gaa premises in the pouring rain because someone needed to lock up! Also a number of people put in considerable effort to be present for a game that should have been played and wasn't
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 11:56 pm

Any news on the draw for the B and C QFinals?, or when are they on?
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 3:18 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Any news on the draw for the B and C QFinals?, or when are they on?
Apparently it was suppose to be last night but nothing . So i did a bit of research and apparently there still a group game to be palyed between Kill and Oliver Plunketts and this is schedlued for the 18th? The C championship isnt a draw its the same format as the A , I know from personal experience that the teams in the B championship are left in the lingo not knowing when there game is and who their playin..
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 3:33 am

TMITS, Thanks for that. Keep us posted please. Was there a playoff match yet?
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 3:46 am

I heard Na Fianna gave Confey a walkover (playoff between teams placed 3rd in Groups 1 & 2) in 'B' Championship.

That would leave the final 8 as follows:
Monasterevin
St. Laurences
Suncroft
Sallins
Confey
Balyna
... and two from the following three
Kill
Raheens
Oliver Plunketts
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 3:51 am

Why would Na Fianna give Confey a walkover?, Surely they would be one of the more fancied teams to win it out?
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 3:55 am

Something about players starting college this week not being available and Confey not agreeing to a change of date for the fixture.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 3:58 am

I know its hard to predict the B Champ at this time (without the draw), but it looks wide open to me, whereas the A (Celbridge), and the C (Rathangan) look more predictable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minor B&C Championships
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next