Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Minor B&C Championships

Go down 
+28
walsheman
overthebar
Come on the Boys in Blue
sean
lomond
Athyman
Jimmy winning matches
analysis
Botch
Pin High
lastline
SeeTheStars
behind the lines
Haggisgolf
Fear An Geata
Big Full Back
Cilldara_2000
lillyboy
Bān go Lēir
topcat
lollypop
bluetown
SeamusMurphy
Loads of Pints
shortgrass
losthope
Taibi
TheManInTheStands
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:33 am

A championship draw, Towers v Leixlip, Castledermot v Moorefield, Athy v twomilehouse, Celbridge v Maynooth, Naas v Sarsfields , Kilcock v Clane
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:09 am

Athy v TMH should be interesting, I reckon TMH will beat Athy.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:38 am

One can only assume that lillyboy (and a lot of other posters) can't read and that there was no draw done for the b & c championships.

Anyone know anything?
Back to top Go down
Bān go Lēir
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 6:31 pm

lillyboy wrote:
A championship draw, Towers v Leixlip, Castledermot v Moorefield, Athy v twomilehouse, Celbridge v Maynooth, Naas v Sarsfields , Kilcock v Clane

Kilcock and clane played in the last round??
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 7:24 pm

My bad I've gotten the towers, kilcock, leixlip, clane combos mixed up somewhere.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 7:46 pm

Clane v Towers and Kilcock v Leixlip
Back to top Go down
Bān go Lēir
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 7:48 pm

Thanks for that lillyboy!!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:05 pm

yeah lillyboy, cop on Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:55 pm

Full Draw.

Minor A

Moorefield v Castledermot

Athy v Two Mile House

Celbridge v Maynooth

Clane v Round Towers

Kilcock v Leixlip

Naas v Sarsfields

Minor B

Sallins v Kilcullen

Confey v Suncroft

Monasterevin v St Laurences

Na Fianna v Robertstown

Kill v Balyna

St Kevins v Raheens

Minor C

Ardclough Bye

Ellistown v Nurney

Grange v Caragh

St Edwards v Rathangan

Carbury v Ballykelly
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:59 pm

Cilldara_2000 wrote:
One can only assume that lillyboy (and a lot of other posters) can't read and that there was no draw done for the b & c championships.

Anyone know anything?

The B championship doesnt consist of a draw because it is a group format . And the C champonship draw was made . And we dont mind A championship being discussed here if you read previous posts!!
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 8:12 am

Minor C

Ballykelly 3-20

Caragh 3-08
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 11:28 pm

I've added the Minor Championship Fixtures and Venue's to the end of this weeks fixtures on the Fixtures Thread.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 7:36 am

minor A wins for Towers, Celbridge, Athy, Naas and Moorefield. Draw between Kilcock and Leixlip. Minor B wins for Na Fianna, Raheens and Suncroft. minor C wins for Rathangan and An Grainseach. Any more results in ?

Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 7:42 am

Larries won in B and St.Edwards won in C!!
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 7:46 am

whats the format for the B and C 1/4 finals? A looks like Towers v Maynooth. Celbridge v Sarsfields. Kilcock v Athy and Naas v Twomilehouse if ny sums are right
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 7:49 am

The B is an open draw , and as far as i know the C is a 1 v 8 , 2 v 7 , 3 v 6 and 4 v 5 format .. But ive heard because theres 9 teams in the C , 8th place will be decided through a playoff between 8th and 9th!!
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 8:17 am

TheManInTheStands wrote:
Larries won in B and St.Edwards won in C!!

Edwards were beaten by Rathangan.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 8:23 am

Balyna 3.7 Kill 2.6 in 'B'
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 8:27 am

my mistake i meant to say Carbury !! Apologies!!
Back to top Go down
Haggisgolf
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 9:50 am

Was at the Kill v Balyna game and witnessed some disgraceful behaviour both on and off the pitch. The referee was unable to stamp his authority on the game and allowed a cynical
element to develop resulting in a number of on/off pitch skimishes. Nothing between these teams but a tighter controlled game later in the championship (have a feeling they will meet again) will hopefully allow football win out That's not what I saw tonight.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 11:56 pm

Anyone at the Suncroft v Confey game last night ? I heard that there was a bizarre ending to it. Suncroft won by 2pts thanks to a late goal but apparently Confey scored a goal right at the end which the ref disallowed because he said the game was over before they scored. He couldn't blow his whistle to indicate that it was over because he'd dropped it !!!

Can anyone confirm or deny this ? It sounds crazy.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 2:58 am

Apparently the ref awarded a free out for a push rather than blowing time up and your right about the whistle hense the delay .
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 3:01 am

Sounds hillarious FEAR, Nothing would surprise me anymore.

I attended a Minor championship match last night (WONT SAY WHERE), and I appreciate that pitches were scarse with the weather so bad. But there was no excuse for the one played on last night, the grass was only fit for grazing it was so long, there were no pitch markings anywhere, the sideline flags were all over the place (not blaming the chap who put them down, he was guessing) , and the game turned into a farce at times TBH, its borderline disrespectful for young lads to play in these conditions, I bet a senior champ game wouldnt be played in thoses conditions, players would refuse IMO., And I wouldnt blame them. A little bit of effort from the Clubs wouldnt go astray.
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 8:01 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Sounds hillarious FEAR, Nothing would surprise me anymore.

I attended a Minor championship match last night (WONT SAY WHERE), and I appreciate that pitches were scarse with the weather so bad. But there was no excuse for the one played on last night, the grass was only fit for grazing it was so long, there were no pitch markings anywhere, the sideline flags were all over the place (not blaming the chap who put them down, he was guessing) , and the game turned into a farce at times TBH, its borderline disrespectful for young lads to play in these conditions, I bet a senior champ game wouldnt be played in thoses conditions, players would refuse IMO., And I wouldnt blame them. A little bit of effort from the Clubs wouldnt go astray.

Think i know the game our talking about .. Carlow side of Athy by any chance? .. If im right it was disgraceful for us to have to play on a pitch like that in a championship game. The pitch was in an appauling state! All the points you made above are completely true!!
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 11:00 am

Do you mean the the Stradbally side of Athy even?? Think after all the rain we're even doing well to have any matches on. Numbers of the matches were changed due to some pitches unplayable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minor B&C Championships
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next