Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Minor B&C Championships

Go down 
+28
walsheman
overthebar
Come on the Boys in Blue
sean
lomond
Athyman
Jimmy winning matches
analysis
Botch
Pin High
lastline
SeeTheStars
behind the lines
Haggisgolf
Fear An Geata
Big Full Back
Cilldara_2000
lillyboy
Bān go Lēir
topcat
lollypop
bluetown
SeamusMurphy
Loads of Pints
shortgrass
losthope
Taibi
TheManInTheStands
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 4:36 am

Knowing the TMH lads couldn't see that happening but then you never know but bare this in mind in 2000 we beat Straffan in the junior final, before we went out onto the field our management told us in the dressing room that Straffan, who were favourites came into the ground wearing tops with 2000 junior champions printed on them, fcuk me lads got stuck in the door trying to get out onto the field and it played a part in our victory.

What was printed on their tops was 2000 Junior Final, our management never apologised for lying to us Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 8:25 am

Brilliant physcology by the management must remember that one. Smile
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 10:41 pm

overthebar wrote:
Just on yesterdays junior final there Ballyboy, was told before the match yesterday that the Twomilehouse team trained last sunday morning and then the team got on a bus and went to look at the Longford county junior final to check out their opposition in the leinster championship 1st round.........................now if that is true.........well talking about giving the opposition a stick to beat you with...........mmmmmmmm.......hardly true...?????????????? mr gilroy wouldn't do such a thing.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????
id say that complete and utter bollux.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 11:01 pm

Athyman, ye won't have any problems with Carbury as Mark Brophy told the Moorefield lads after the last game that ye had won a "soft" championship last year due to not having to beat the Moores!!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 5:06 am

Nice story Ballyboy, and a masterstroke of Management.
Well done Towers on a deserved victory, and I too hope ye go on and win the Final.
Its amazing to see a Team in the A County Final, and wonder how they did it with no County Player, not even a panelist ??
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 5:15 am

Athyman wrote:
If somebody reserved a dressing room for the final that is showing total disrespect for the other team, hard to beleive that there would be somebody so arrogant to assume they are going to get to the final, remember the league encounter between both teams was a draw if memory does not fail me, the talk in athy was that round towers were going to be hard to beat, so I hope that you're sources are wrong. The positives from round towers point of view is that if you can keep that team together they are going to make great seniors, as for our senior team we still have to face Carbury who will be looking for revenge from last year, every team has a chance and I would not underestimate Carbury it will be a close hard fought game with little in it at the end, athy may just shade this one.

I think Athy seniors looked very organised and dont panic the last day in Conleth's via the Moore's , they work very hard , and work in every position to accomdate there style of play , and more importantly each other , yes I agree it shall be a hard fought match no doubt with Carbury , but i would agree Athy have the ability to shade it Rolling Eyes

As far as the minors , Yes" The positives from round towers point of view is that if you can keep that team together they are going to make great seniors" but more importantly we need to keep them grounded , and more importantly together as a unit , which like every team here in the county and furthar afield , is going to be hard in these ecomonic times unfortunetly Rolling Eyes , we have a hard road next year , and the view like many teams who have found themselves in our position in 2013 , is its going to take alot of hard work to regain senior status , and there are alot of good intermediate teams plying there trade at intermediate , who are more than good enough to play senior football , our Goal though extremely difficult is to gain promotion for 2014 , maybe its a very hard lesson we must endure , but one worth learning Smile

Last edited by vodafone2012 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 5:28 am

ballyboy wrote:
Reserving a dressing room !!! now that's pure bull, I was present yesterday when the two Junior A clubs were asked did they want to toss for dressing rooms, both declined, I can only assume they both had the good sense to realize it wasn't a pissing contest they were in. This happens at all county finals

Vodafone, your source is pulling you leg

I am making referance too the request been made prior to both semi finals with the view of making the final , now it maybe hard to believe , and yes i can understand the doubt of my remark , i would probably doubt it myself , if someelse siad it here , but as I have said the source is very reliable Shocked

But Athyman make a very noble and honest comment , yes i found it astonishing that this requested was made , but as i have said the source is reliable

"If somebody reserved a dressing room for the final that is showing total disrespect for the other team, hard to beleive that there would be somebody so arrogant to assume they are going to get to the final"

Perhaps it was a case of what ballboy eludes too , rising up a team prior to going out on the field of play , but as i have said the source is reliable Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 5:48 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Nice story Ballyboy, and a masterstroke of Management.
Well done Towers on a deserved victory, and I too hope ye go on and win the Final.
Its amazing to see a Team in the A County Final, and wonder how they did it with no County Player, not even a panelist ??

We ask the same question , but there is time yet for some of these lads , and if making a final doesnt highlight this fact , well ,who is losing out the county team as a whole Rolling Eyes , i think there are many club teams here in the county who ask these questions every year , its for the people who run and manage these teams to truely address these concerns Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 6:31 am

ManBearPig wrote:
overthebar wrote:
Just on yesterdays junior final there Ballyboy, was told before the match yesterday that the Twomilehouse team trained last sunday morning and then the team got on a bus and went to look at the Longford county junior final to check out their opposition in the leinster championship 1st round.........................now if that is true.........well talking about giving the opposition a stick to beat you with...........mmmmmmmm.......hardly true...?????????????? mr gilroy wouldn't do such a thing.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

Well Taibi, I heard the very same thing from someone with connections in TMH..... They trained for one and a half hours and after that headed to Longford..... I can't see why I'd be told this without foundation....
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 6:52 am

Ah Topcat the mind games are coming out again, as I stated on this forum before I beleive if we had of met Moorefield last year we would have been beaten, they were our bogey team for the last few years, it is hard to beleive that Mark Brophy said Athy won a soft champship last year, your beloved sash team a lot of questions will be asked of them this weekend if they come through this test then they will be favourites for the champship . Remember the final could end up Larries v Carbury . This weekend will be very interesting indeed, Larries and Carbury are out for big scalps and they may just get them.

Thanks for the compliments Vodafone we will all be rooting for the Towers in the final, it will be tough but Celbridge are beatable, and if the kildare minor management do not pick some of your lads then there is something definitely wrong Smile
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 7:44 am

Big Full Back wrote:
ManBearPig wrote:
overthebar wrote:

Well Taibi, I heard the very same thing from someone with connections in TMH..... They trained for one and a half hours and after that headed to Longford..... I can't see why I'd be told this without foundation....

*MBP
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 8:16 am

Pretty sure the Towers center back Flemming and young Byrne @ midfield are on the u/17 squad and they have a cpl of lads on the u/16 squad. Hopefully they can make the squad next year. Towers are a well balanced team and were good value for their win on sat
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 8:27 am

lillyboy wrote:
Pretty sure the Towers center back Flemming and young Byrne @ midfield are on the u/17 squad and they have a cpl of lads on the u/16 squad. Hopefully they can make the squad next year. Towers are a well balanced team and were good value for their win on sat

All true , but there were a few who were not on these squads , who are well worth a look and definately looked over , and there are a few eligible this year , where the boat has been missed , now these lads will find it harder to make the breakthrough at U21 as they will not be considered for 2 or so years , so either they will be lost in the general scheme of things , or hopefully they shall improve with age , and surface though Senior Football League/ Championship or U21 Championship in 2013
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 3:12 am

Vodafone, Michael Kelly or Daryl Coogan never played CO Minor, In fact im pretty sure they played with the CO U21 s the same Year that they didnt play Minors. So there is always the chance that a chap who is missed or overlooked by one manager can impress another. I think from memory this happened with Keith Cribben also, but far worse, as he was on the CO Senior team, but not on the u21 team the same Year. mind boggling stuff.
Back to top Go down
Square Ball
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 5:48 am

Well done to Towers great to see them in the final following in footsteps of Castledermot was impressed with them against Maynooth as well. Talking to one of their supporters at that game he mention 4 to 5 players playing with different Kildare underage teams and these young men seem to have played well against Athy. Just a taught that the players that are full minors may not have being good enough to play on Kildare minor team and towers will deservedly have 3 or 4 over next number of years. Really hope Towers go on and win the final
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 5:54 am

Minor B semi finals tomorrow evening. In hawkfield and Naas. Anyone attending?
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 6:08 am

Has the Larries-Raheens game been switched from Moorefield?
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 6:36 am

Taibi wrote:
Has the Larries-Raheens game been switched from Moorefield?

My mistake the games are in Naas and Moorefield
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 7:14 am

Celbridge 2-16 Naas 1-06 real winter weather
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 3:31 am

I would also love to see Towers winning, but havin watched Celbridge last night, I cant see it. Imagine they can field their team with their County players playing in the same positions, ie Brophy (full forward / centre forward), O Flynn (wing forward), Heaney (goals).. I was also very impressed with their centre back, big strong lad, dont know his name. Credit to Naas for giving it a go. Confey and Larries to win tonight IMO.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:18 am

Larry's reached the B final with a 6-08 to 1-11 victory over Raheens. The scoreline didn't reflect the closeness of the match as the sides were level around the 3/4 stage. Fine performance by young Fenner at 14 for Larrys
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:20 am

12points is a bit of a hammering should Larries be in the B section??
Back to top Go down
sean
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 8:31 am

Monasterevin 1-12 v 0-05 Confey
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 5:27 am

I was at the Monasterevin V Confey ( 1-12 to-0-05), half time 7 - 4 to Monasterevin, Confey only registered 1 point in the 2nd half.
In fairness it was the early 2nd half goal that won it for Monasterevin. One comment on Confeys performance that was dissapointing, was their negativity, both midfielders sat deep, both wing forwards retreated, at times Fitzpatrick had 3 and 4 marking him, but this freed up other players to score, Monasterevins big midfielder scored 3 points as a result.
Some result for Larries, fair play to them.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 5:57 am

The question

should Larries be in the B section??

was asked and I think not due to the vast area they draw from.

Where were they in 2010 U 16 & 2008 U 14 ? Now if there were B or C & did not win grand with them B now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minor B&C Championships   Minor B&C Championships - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minor B&C Championships
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next