Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012

Go down 
+59
bloodsub
Sideline
milltownmary
fargo
johnsmyth
losthope
kildare08
bluetown
the azzuri
Ogie
BelieveToAchieve
homerj
Bad News Baba
lillyboy
Pin High
TommyKeegan
lilysavage
Highball
walsheman
SeamusMurphy
kartman
flourman
murof
Come on the Boys in Blue
footballguru
jim
lastline
LilyWhyte
butterfingers
Frankel
ripvanwinkle
Fear An Geata
archie
Lily8
totalgaa
champ
samhog06
ElGuerrouj
Loads of Pints
Big Full Back
rockman83
kickingking
Flamingo
tomcruise
parcel
naked-lilly
lomond
Taibi
Ohtoohtobe
centreback
topcat
steviegenius
Botch
overthebar
Jimmy winning matches
Horsebox
realmoore
Athyman
Admin
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 9:28 pm

Who was no 5 for Clane last night ? My spies tell me that he was outstanding.

I could not make the game but by all accounts it was an epic and one that got way from Clane. Hard luck to Sean O'Dea , the Clane manager who is doing great things with that Clane team and is sound out.

The championship is wide open.It really is too hard to call with all teams having a chance. The days of a powerhouse dominating club in Kildare are long over.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 9:41 pm

According to the programme no 5 was Cian Donohoe who has incredible speed and left a trail of red jersyes in his wake on a number of occassions. Athy had a good spread of scorers including 2 defenders, Kinahan and Holligan and both Feeley and Dunne in midfield. Barry Egan and Bernard Deay were excellent for clane.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 10:45 pm

Just from the result last night, it means that all 4 teams who have come through the losers side of the draw from the 1st round have made the quarter finals. Was a great game last night, u would have to feel sorry for Clane, have noe had both Moorefield and Athy on the ropes but couldn't quite get over the line either time. They are a team to look out for in the future though.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 12:51 am

Can Donohoe is a son of Barry Donohoe from Johnstownbridge. ya can't beat a bit of breading
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 2:52 am

Have to agree on last nights game, outstanding game of football and played in a real championship spirit......good scores, hard hitting, some great defending by both sets of backs, county players played well for both teams, some good prospects for the further on both sides, super crowd turned out and the ref really contributed to a great evenings entertainment........only thing that may need to be looked at in hawkfield is parking and the dangerous admission and exit of cars to and from main road......might be a good idea if some cars were made come in off lane way and through bottom gate and exit the same way just for big attendance games.......otherwise its a great venue for games....
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 3:01 am

Lads I am probably going to get hammered for this so here goes, Clane defensively were very good and worth there lead at half time, in the second half they had 13/14 defenders in there half for most of the second half, they were also very cynical in the tackle both on and off the ball. They are a good up and coming team and will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future, thought Toc was outstanding and the number 5. Man of the match mick foley his best game for athy in years, followed by feely. It was great to see athy in serious trouble for a lot of the game pull through in the end. I believe if we can play the same way as against Clane we will not be too far away again this year, although Moorefield are our bogey team.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 3:27 am

Lads I am probably going to get hammered for this so here goes, Clane defensively were very good and worth there lead at half time, in the second half they had 13/14 defenders in there half for most of the second half, they were also very cynical in the tackle both on and off the ball. They are a good up and coming team and will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future, thought Toc was outstanding and the number 5. Man of the match mick foley his best game for athy in years, followed by feely. It was great to see athy in serious trouble for a lot of the game pull through in the end. I believe if we can play the same way as against Clane we will not be too far away again this year, although Moorefield are our bogey team.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 3:45 am

Athyman

I was at the first game and thaught if Clane were more cynical they would have won that game. They are a young footballing side and will improve over the next few years. Both Athy and Clane are footballing sides and that is why the games were good.

I would expect Athy to have a more robust game against Moorefield who depend a lot on their strength and power. For me , Athy are the better team and I expect them to win by 2 to 3 points in a low scoring game..
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 3:52 am

Athys number 5 was lucky not to see red for a punch on David Lyons in second half..the ref missed it but Fintan Barrett doin the line definatly seen it. If Lyons had of went down he'd of walked. Great game and the ref was good also. Athy were probably the better team overall.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 4:07 am

Yes I agree with you our number 5 may have thrown a punch, Lyons is no shrinking violet either, if the linesman saw it then something should have been done about it, great great game by two very committed teams, I thought it was all over for us but athy may have got there mojo back. I still think moorefield are the favourites to go through.
Back to top Go down
ripvanwinkle
Senior
Senior
ripvanwinkle

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 4:08 am

Brilliant game last night but I think Im missing something. A lot of people touting clane to win a senior championship is a bit premature to be honest, they didnt get out of the group stages and athy won an ordinary championship last year and havent set the world alight this year. I have felt this year that its more open than ever but the 3 or 4 big teams who are always there arent going to get a whole lot worse.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 4:19 am

I agree with you fine young man we have not set the world a light this year at all, maybe the Clane game will bring us on, all I know is that Athy will not give up there crown easily and it is going to take a very good team to beat them if they are playing well. Moorefield will be favourites going into the game, but we will give it a rattle and see how we do.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 4:40 am

Any times and dates for the next round of senior lads?
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 4:49 am

I think we are playing moorefield this Sunday
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 4:55 am

Lovely, will try get down to that.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 5:24 am

Should be a good match, if we can keep roiy quiet we have a good chance .
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 6:05 am

Athyman I believe the game is Saturday/Sunday week, that is the impression the Moorefield lads have anyway the 3 other games are fixed for this Sunday alright.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 6:41 am

As usual my young fella gave me the incorrect information
Back to top Go down
Pin High
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 8:17 am

I was at the Athy/Clane game last night but missed the extra time due to another commitment. I would have no particular bias for either team but I thought the forward creativity of both teams was very poor. Some of the shot selection and execution was not of a senior standard. Athy deserve credit for pulling the game out of the fire and will possibly improve for the next day but Clane had them on the ropes and dropped too deep in the last 10 mins of normal time and it cost them.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 7:35 pm

From the start of the second half Clane dropped deep and athy were in the ascendancy, you are correct about shot selection very poor from both teams, athy should have won it in normal time . It basically came down to who wanted it most in the end, I think Clane are a good side and could have beaten moorefield or athy . As I have said before if athy can keep improving and we will need to improve then I think we are going to be there or there a bouts in the champs hip.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 10:03 pm

Afineyoungman wrote:
Brilliant game last night but I think Im missing something. A lot of people touting clane to win a senior championship is a bit premature to be honest, they didnt get out of the group stages and athy won an ordinary championship last year and havent set the world alight this year. I have felt this year that its more open than ever but the 3 or 4 big teams who are always there arent going to get a whole lot worse.

Sorry Afineyoungman you said Athy won an ordinary championship last year is this because the likes of Moorefield Sarsfield Celbridge & larries (the big teams) were not able to beat Athy & Carbury. I think it very disrespectful for both of the teams that contested last years championship to call Athy's win last year ordinary. They are both still there this year with Athy lucky to beat Clane & Carbury winning two game impressively, What not to say they won't be there again will that be ordinary. A lot of teams in Kildare can beat each other on the day which in my opinion is only good for Kildare football.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 7:35 am

Rathangan and Raheens drew this evening 1-09 to 2-06 or there abouts
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 7:36 am

[quote="Taibi"]Why didn't Stuart Murphy start the last day? He is a great man to win ball and kick scores, something Towers badly lack.[/quo

Ya hit the nail , our tactics failed , to be honest Suncroft where given to much room and space for to long
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 7:48 am

overthebar wrote:
Vodafone2012, i should have said the foul was prob more of a trip rather than a kick across for the penalty Neutral .......also the ref was approx on the towers 45 metre line and imo had a good view of the incident.......he never gave a 20 metre free as you put it and the only consultation he had that evening was with me as i was doing umpire at that end of the pitch tongue ......

Ahh I can see now why 2 clear points were wave wide in the first half Laughing , so going on the eyesight theory it musta been infectious Laughing Laughing

so please try and get a few facts right the next time you throw out your opinion on a game you were obviously at but had your own agenda with certain calls the ref made on the night Question ...........your smart arse and biased comments can be quite condescending at times Rolling Eyes , imo of coarse cheers ......still think the towers will survive and stay up..........

To be honest i'll believe the Suncroft player who played that night whom confirmed my suspicion Wink on the peno and where the ref was positioned , he confirmed that at first he ran from inside their 45 & he 1st award a 20m free as he ran up , so I go with him , I hope your right on the relegation

To be honest as I have said before , on the balance of the whole game , Suncroft derserved the Win Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 8:41 am

Intermediate Quater Final

Rathangan 1-9 2-6 Raheens
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012
Page 8 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next