Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012

Go down 
+59
bloodsub
Sideline
milltownmary
fargo
johnsmyth
losthope
kildare08
bluetown
the azzuri
Ogie
BelieveToAchieve
homerj
Bad News Baba
lillyboy
Pin High
TommyKeegan
lilysavage
Highball
walsheman
SeamusMurphy
kartman
flourman
murof
Come on the Boys in Blue
footballguru
jim
lastline
LilyWhyte
butterfingers
Frankel
ripvanwinkle
Fear An Geata
archie
Lily8
totalgaa
champ
samhog06
ElGuerrouj
Loads of Pints
Big Full Back
rockman83
kickingking
Flamingo
tomcruise
parcel
naked-lilly
lomond
Taibi
Ohtoohtobe
centreback
topcat
steviegenius
Botch
overthebar
Jimmy winning matches
Horsebox
realmoore
Athyman
Admin
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Pin High
Junior A
Junior A

Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 3:40 am

Straffan relegated. Kill won by 2 points should have been by much more given the amount of possession they enjoyed. The return of young O'Hagan made a difference for them. Think he got a goal and couple of points. Kill a young team and could go well in the next few years if they keep their players.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 4:16 am

The sash and the larries looked very good today even though there opposition were poor on the day, carbury seemed to struggle against confey earlier today but just about got over the line in the end by all accounts......
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 5:02 am

senior semi final draw

athy/moorefield v carbury
sarsfields v st laurence s
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 6:30 am

I popped down to Hawkfield for the double header today.

Larries defence was excellent in the first match. They really strangled the life out of the Celbridge attack. Celbridge will be very disappointed given their good showing in the league. Their heads seemed to drop after Connolly saved Davy Byrne's penalty. Fogarty picked off some nice points for Larries who were good value for their win.

Sarsfields set out their stall from the start of the second match. They were never going to let Naas get a run on them like in the first round match. They'll be very hard to stop if they can carry on this form but Larries will be their toughest test to date. Fascinating semi final ahead.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 6:59 am

Straffan didn't have Rob Kelly against Kill. Apparently he had a cartilage operation during the week.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:14 am

I agree with you kicking king larries will be a tough nut to crack, sash looked very good today was disappointed with naas thought they would have put up a better display than what we saw today, chalky and padraig Brennan excellent today, leper struggled to get into the game eoin Doyle played in patches, on this display sarsfield have to be the favourites for the champship alongside Larries
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:51 am

Naas were awful today, very disappointing to see them play like that. Sarsfields did what they had to do send done that well. Best today where Tiernan, Chalky and Cahill.
Draws for the semis where interesting and it is hard to pick a winner yet. Moorefield And Athy Next week may make things clearer.
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 7:46 pm

Could Rob Kelly not have waited till this week to get the Op and play for his club as by all accounts he has needed the Op for a while !!!
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Monasterevin outclassed Eadestown in teh quarters. won by 12 and wree very impressive. They will be hard stopped.

Rob Kelly showed his true colours over teh last couple of weeks imo.
I am not going to say what I think of him as I would bethrown off the forum.

Its is obvious he is doing all this to get a transfer from straffan.

He is undefendable. He played teh whole year with this niggle and could of waited an extra week.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:22 pm

Word going around Clane that Rob Kelly had an op on Friday Straffan asked him to delay it for the game he didn't then he put in a transfer request to Celbridge very sad if its true.

Was at the Carbury Confey game in Clane. Carbury were always in control never looked like losing they were 5 up at half time. Confey played well they were well organised but Eoghan o Flaherty & Terry Rossiter for Carbury kept the score board ticking over for the win. Great crowd at the game both side were full which is nice to see.
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 1:33 am

Not sure if he put in a transfer request as he was on the sideline with the Straffan squad at the game yesterday, I wouldnt be surprised if he put one in all the same later in the year.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 2:17 am

good to see the oul "ethos" alive and well in the GAA
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:45 am

Lads please thread carefully in the direction this criticism is going.

It's getting a bit over the top and begining to question an amateur players character.

Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 2:33 am

Ger McNally must have never been to a Nurney v Robertstown game before Saturday judging by his report in The Nationalist today. The Royal Rumble had nothing on that game...
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 2:50 am

what did he say?
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 3:16 am

He dedicated 90% of his report on the "mass melee", a report on the actual football game would have been nice. He was very critical of the referee and his 2 linesmen, suggesting that Liam Herbert let too many late tackles go unpunished throughout the game.

I certainly wouldn't blame the ref for it, he hasn't got eyes on the back of his head. Two players were sent off but really he could have sent off 10 lads. Finally he paints the Robertstown corner forward who went off with a "suspected broken nose" like some innocent victim, he gave as good as he got but came off the worst.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:01 am

Heard Chris Healy received a straight red tonight in the Minor Championship against Naas. Will that put him out of the Junior Championship final ? If so, he'll be a big loss to the House. He was their main scorer against Castlemitchell.
Back to top Go down
homerj
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:31 am

Taibi wrote:
He dedicated 90% of his report on the "mass melee", a report on the actual football game would have been nice. He was very critical of the referee and his 2 linesmen, suggesting that Liam Herbert let too many late tackles go unpunished throughout the game.

I certainly wouldn't blame the ref for it, he hasn't got eyes on the back of his head. Two players were sent off but really he could have sent off 10 lads. Finally he paints the Robertstown corner forward who went off with a "suspected broken nose" like some innocent victim, he gave as good as he got but came off the worst.

ha ha were you at the match a sly box off the ball is not giving as good as you get, how come the linesman only mentioned one player if he gave it back as good, thats twice the same person for nurney has been sent off in championship for hitting the same player off the ball so you dont really have a leg to stand on. rtown went out to play ball but nurney turned into thugs when it got out of your reach, and to quote your corner back after his sly dig "we'll get this match abandoned so the score will mean nothing" ha ha charming
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:44 am

I sure was at the match, so the corner forward did nothing? He was just hit for no reason? Pull the other one FFS! Dave Coady needs his eyes tested if he thinks that was the only punch thrown.

Did you mange to see what your keeper got up to at the other end? I'm guessing no so I'll tell you, he was laying into our corner forward with his boot, while he was on the ground. Charming!

As for your last quote, that's like something HomerJ would come out with.
Back to top Go down
homerj
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:49 am

i didnt mention the keeper i was just replying to your comment he gave as good as he got when he didnt he got hit slyly off the ball. i didnt come out with that comment your corner back did. two sly digs off the ball two red cards and your still here trying to defend him ha ha sure the umpire the first day in sarsfield must of been blind too
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:57 am

I think you've had one Duff too many there mate.

I'm not trying to defend anyone, I agree he deserved to walk but to suggest he was the only one is ridiculous. How your no.11 stayed on the pitch is beyond me and your no.6 seemed to be on a personal mission to do Conway out of it both verbally and physically. There were a lot of sly digs thrown by both sets of players on the night, I didn't envy Liam Herbert's job let me tell you.

Discussion over, good luck against Monasterevin, you'll need it.
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 5:36 pm

Fear An Geata wrote:
Heard Chris Healy received a straight red tonight in the Minor Championship against Naas. Will that put him out of the Junior Championship final ? If so, he'll be a big loss to the House. He was their main scorer against Castlemitchell.

Final fixed for the 29th so if it was a straight red he be gone for it.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 7:19 pm

homerj wrote:
Taibi wrote:

ha ha were you at the match a sly box off the ball is not giving as good as you get, how come the linesman only mentioned one player if he gave it back as good, thats twice the same person for nurney has been sent off in championship for hitting the same player off the ball so you dont really have a leg to stand on. rtown went out to play ball but nurney turned into thugs when it got out of your reach, and to quote your corner back after his sly dig "we'll get this match abandoned so the score will mean nothing" ha ha charming

pure lies homer, the nurney corner back was struck first (he wasnt marking kavanagh) and required a number of stitches after the match and unless you are blind you would see he was covered in blood leaving the pitch.also when you say the corner back mentioned about getting the match abandoned that is a lie and was not mentioned by him at all. i'd say the biggest reason the match turned nasty was down to the antics of 3 of the robertstown forwards when it was obvious they were going to win the match and they started taunting and goading the nurney players.
also it was disgraceful by coady to pick out one player out of that melee to be sent off esp as he was covered in blood himself. doubt he struck himself anyway.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 10:57 pm

I wasn't at the game so I can't comment. But I can say that I have stopped reading and listening to Ger McNally's comments on GAA a long long time ago. He has somehow, over the last couple of years managed to bluff his way into newspapers and on to the airwaves. Commenting on things that he knows nothing about. It was very notcable this year that KFM had reduced his coverage of games and thank God for that.

As a soccer head, he shouls stick to something he knows about. Perhaps comment on a players nose being broken with an elbow in a recent match. And the proceedings which may follow that. Or other similar acts that occur in a sport that he does have some knowledge of. He certainly has none on Kildare GAA.

No doubt he will be up to his usual Athy cheer leading this weekend when one of his local loves take on Moorefield. And no doubt he will be scrawling ignorant drivel about that game too.

Best to do as he does with GAA knowledge. Ignore ignore ignore!
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:35 am

Who won minor games last night ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012
Page 9 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next