Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new kildare selector

Go down 
+13
bag of white
kartman
murof
kickingking
egocentric
Ohtoohtobe
lillyboy
flourman
BelieveToAchieve
Ogie
overthebar
Bad News Baba
Botch
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

new kildare selector - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new kildare selector   new kildare selector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 4:45 pm

Saw hendy at a few alright.Played well.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: new kildare selector   new kildare selector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 5:15 pm

kartman wrote:
Saw hendy at a few alright.Played well.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: new kildare selector   new kildare selector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 5:16 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
flourman wrote:
Ohtoohtobe wrote:
you've no way of fairly judging the worth of a selector's work.

1. Results
2. Style of play
3. Players attitude in training and in games
4. Tactics employed during a game

Oh2be - none of the above give you a hint - No?

No. Those things give me a hint how the manager and players are doing. Selectors have a role to play but placing the blame for any of those four things being off at the door of a selector is crazy. They're an important but small part of a very big and complex set of factors around any team.

I agree with Ogie's example about Grimley. When the next year didn't start well, if I'd got a penny for every time someone said to me 'see, Grimley was the brains behind the operation' I'd have had well, about 70p or 80p.

Again, unless you're a Kildare player or a lot of Kildare players share their private opinions on selectors with you, you have no way of knowing how good a selector is.

Flourman I can see your point so dont worry about those two lads they are not likely to have an open mind on any form of direct criticism on anyone involved with the county team, and I thought that they would relax knowing that McGeeney is staying for 2013.
As you are always saying(or when it suits) Ogie this is a forum, people are entitled to their opinion!

2011 players were pretty much the same as 2012
2011 manager and Carew same
2012 Rafferty new to set up.
Can you see now why its not so 'crazy'? Sure you cant blame everything on one selector, thats taken it a bit far but did his influence improve things? No. Did his influence on the manager or players have any effect? Probably.
Lots of things were different than previous years of course. But you cant just label someones opinion as crazy. Maybe you lads could be underestimating the positive effects both Grimley and ORourke and Rafferty had no real influence. The result being a gross negative. It may be speculative but thats part of debate.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: new kildare selector   new kildare selector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 9:12 am

said on kfm last night that rafferty is staying despite reports that he was leaving.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: new kildare selector   new kildare selector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 11:46 am

fat full forward wrote:
said on kfm last night that rafferty is staying despite reports that he was leaving.

Oh no, according to the boys above, that's us doomed for 2013
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: new kildare selector   new kildare selector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 11:56 am

I'll say the main reason Kildare didnt have such a great year it all went stale. The lads were sick with the sight of each other they were each other that much. When your meeting up 5 or 6 day a week same routine training etc I dont care who you are you will get sick of it, That's why the lads should be back with there clubs more just to break it up a bit keep it fresh.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: new kildare selector   new kildare selector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 1:02 pm

steviegenius

You have obviously been speaking to the same county footballers as me. The most important issue going into 2012 for the Geezer is to freshen things up big time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new kildare selector   new kildare selector - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new kildare selector
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2