Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Managers

Go down 
+43
OutTheGap
Jj76
Gaa1928
TommyKeegan
losthope
Square Ball
micky murphy
Pinkman
jim
Botch
Ogie
kelf
fatherted
lollypop
topcat
Celbridgelad
naked-lilly
jj
analysis
Oneill
bag of white
Loads of Pints
Moorefieldbhoy
kickingking
lillyboy
centreback
Onhisboot
Big Full Back
Frankel
rockman83
BelieveToAchieve
bk 1
Athyman
Jimmy winning matches
tomcruise
overthebar
SeamusMurphy
Highball
realmoore
Taibi
flourman
walsheman
Dido
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Dido
Senior
Senior

New Managers - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 9:08 am

The Larries approach Croften, but i cant see him leaving the Sash.I think he has unfinished business there after the Moors beat them in the county final, he will feel he has to redeem himself for that.
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 9:13 am

The Larries approach Croften, but i cant see him leaving the Sash.I think he has unfinished business there after the Moors beat them in the county final, he will feel he has to redeem himself for that.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 11:59 pm

Pascal keelaghan is the new athy manager, would bet on them to win championship next year they will work and tackle hard and get back to basics he won't accept any celebrities.
Glenn ryan won't be the new Monasterevin manager I believe they are going outside the county again.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 3:00 am

Any update on new club managers St. Laurences / Carbury / Confey / Monasterevan / Kevins all looking i think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 3:16 am

Glen Ryan looking after Carbury I believe
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 3:24 am

Dont think its Glen Ryan for Carbury umpireonditch........ I was told that ex Clane manager Sean O Dea has the job for 2014. Monasterevin have Christy Byrne as their new manager for 2/3 year term......
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 7:56 am

Christy Byrne as in former Kildare keeper? Surely not.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 8:28 pm

Don't think Christy Byrne is the new Monasterevin manager, they usually come up with something different like Paul Bealin all those years ago!!!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 2:56 am

Is Spikes not the Rheban Manager ??
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 4:48 am

The one and only....... Christy Byrne will manager Monasterevin for next year I was told.....
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 11:21 pm

Sean o Dea is the new manager of Carbury
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 11:33 pm

Yet to be officially confirmed by Monasterevan. Think they might be taking a major step backwards with this appointment. Former Westmeath selector Jack Cooney ratified as new Celbridge manager
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 1:10 am

Think Jack Cooney was in the frame for the Westmeath job will be a good appointment for Celbridge. Christy Byrne won't be the new Monasterevan manager their AGM is tonight so whoever it is will be ratified then, don't think Christy has the attributes at the moment to manage a senior club.
Back to top Go down
Pinkman
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 1:27 am

Always makes me laugh how the lads of 98 have an untouchable aura in some people's eyes.
What has Christy Byrne done to warrant a tag "one and only"?
He's managed Rheban & Castlemitchell (I think) without doing anything with either.

Why would a senior club appoint him? Especially Monstrevin. They will struggle again to stay senior so Id expect them to find a manager with experience and know how. Something to try compensate for their on field inadequacies.

Good appointment by Celbridge though. Cadbury too.
Where is Darby likely to go next?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 3:13 am

Pinkman wrote:
Always makes me laugh how the lads of 98 have an untouchable aura in some people's eyes.
He's managed Rheban & Castlemitchell (I think) without doing anything with either.

Why would a senior club appoint him? Especially Monstrevin. They will struggle again to stay senior so Id expect them to find a manager with experience and know how. Something to try compensate for their on field inadequacies.

Good appointment by Celbridge though. Cadbury too.
Where is Darby likely to go next?

Maybe one and only was referring to his career in football and not just management. For instance all those ridiculous saves and horrible runs down the field and all those great days he helped give us. I couldn't give a toss if he does or doesn't manage Monasterevan, but he sure is the one and only Christy Byrne regardless. That is, except for his father who is the one and only Christy Byrne from a transport perspective.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 3:20 am

Did nt He also do a Year or Two with Kildare Minors ?
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 4:04 am

Christy Byrne is a Kildare Playing Legend and he has done more than most for football, his achievements speak for themself
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 5:40 am

Pinkman wrote:

Yeah it's not as if they were the only generation of Kildare footballers to actually win something since the 1950s or anything.  Neutral
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:22 am

Any how Christy wont be the new Monasterevan manager as Tommy Gorman has been confirmed
Back to top Go down
B'side blues
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:31 pm

anyone know anything bout him?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:32 pm

Whose Tommy Gorman ( sorry Tommy ) ?
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:38 pm

Strange appointment, it will be difficult to combine his management job with being the Northern Correspondent for RTE

"Tommy Gorman, RTE news....Monasterevin"
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:12 pm

Ah brilliant LOP ...
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:51 pm

Thats what I was told anyway, apparently he was over Sash U21s this year?
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:41 pm

Yes Tommy was over Sash 21s this year has had success with any underage team he has taken in the club, good appointment by Monasterevin. Hopefully he will get back involved with Sarsfield again later on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Managers
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next