Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nominations for convention

Go down 
+12
bk 1
losthope
White Bridge
totalgaa
kelf
hawker
SeamusMurphy
TheManInTheStands
BelieveToAchieve
lillyboy
Taibi
Jimmy winning matches
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

Nominations for  convention - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nominations for convention   Nominations for  convention - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 9:35 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Nominations for convention   Nominations for  convention - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 8:01 pm

Sitting through the convention the other night one thing that struck me was why would anyone put themselves in line for a job on the county board. Why put yourself in line for all the hassle that it entails to be County Chairman, or County Treasurer or PRO any of the other jobs that entails being away from you home and family a couple of nights a week. It's not even well paid, except for a few measly expenses. You have to assume that the people that take the job are doing their best to further the cause of Kildare GAA.

Re the convention itself, there was a distinct indifference regarding the accounts from most delegates, with the exception of Allenwood and Eadestown and one or two others who tried to do some digging, without getting anywhere. It should be mandatory that the accounts be sent to the clubs a week or two prior to convention so that they could be gone over in greater detail.

One thing that came out, almost by accident was that Croke Park will sign all Kildare cheques for the foreseeable future, which leaves the County Treasurer in a horrible position.

Oh, and the Hawkfield levy looks set to continue into 2013 and beyond. It's a bit like the property tax, once it comes in that's it.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Nominations for convention   Nominations for  convention - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 8:41 am

The booklet and account details were released to each club the week before county convention, my club got them and we discussed these financial accounts and reports that were in the booklet at our monthly meeting.......not that any of us could make head nor tail of some of the stuff in the financial report.....but at least we got a chance to look over it.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nominations for convention   Nominations for  convention - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 9:12 am

SeeTheStars wrote:
Sitting through the convention the other night one thing that struck me was why would anyone put themselves in line for a job on the county board. Why put yourself in line for all the hassle that it entails to be County Chairman, or County Treasurer or PRO any of the other jobs that entails being away from you home and family a couple of nights a week. It's not even well paid, except for a few measly expenses. You have to assume that the people that take the job are doing their best to further the cause of Kildare GAA.

Re the convention itself, there was a distinct indifference regarding the accounts from most delegates, with the exception of Allenwood and Eadestown and one or two others who tried to do some digging, without getting anywhere. It should be mandatory that the accounts be sent to the clubs a week or two prior to convention so that they could be gone over in greater detail.

One thing that came out, almost by accident was that Croke Park will sign all Kildare cheques for the foreseeable future, which leaves the County Treasurer in a horrible position.

Oh, and the Hawkfield levy looks set to continue into 2013 and beyond. It's a bit like the property tax, once it comes in that's it.

How does it put the County Treasurer in a horrible position. It puts him in the best position the Treasurer has had in years.

Any cheque issued will have to be signed by Croke Park which exonerates him from any blame in issuing cheques.

"Well Croke Park signed off on it" if its paid.

"I'm sorry but Croke Park won't sanction it" If its not.

Its actually like being a PA for a treasurer really with the expenses of a treasurer.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Nominations for convention   Nominations for  convention - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 9:14 am

I spoke to a well placed officer during the week & they told me of some of the shenanigans that went on behind the scenes in the run up to convention. It appears that a certain part time employee has a lot to answer for. Stirring a lot of shut in the back ground
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Nominations for convention   Nominations for  convention - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 9:23 am

I heard something similar also BTA..........A lot of mud slinging and fairly tall stories were doing the rounds leading up to the convention....
PM me with your details if you wish.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nominations for convention   Nominations for  convention - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nominations for convention
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2