Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim

Go down 
+21
lastline
Ohtoohtobe
hope
murof
kartman
SeamusMurphy
Loads of Pints
SamMaguire
kickingking
shoutitout
bag of white
TommyKeegan
losthope
BelieveToAchieve
tomoneillandhissisteranne
MD
Rex
flourman
Ogie
Jimmy winning matches
Big Full Back
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Empty
PostSubject: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 8:48 am

Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 10:04 am

So offical then ,his father from leitrim
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:12 am

I had hoped he might be involved with Kildare, that's a pity. He's dead right though if he's not as the rules allow him to play for someone else. It will do him good to be playing at a higher level and will hopefully develop him as a player. It will be interesting if he prospers from getting probably a lot more game-time at inter-county level, if he would accept an invitation to play with Kildare next year or the year after, รก la Declan Darcy?
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:12 am

So will he still be togging out for Athy?

Reynolds featured at midfield for the Kildare U-21s in the Leinster championship last year but has decided to join his father's native county.

Such bad and inacurate Journalism
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:18 am

Ah yeah, he'll continue playing with the club... it's like Johnny Enright, David Kennedy etc playing with the Kildare hurlers. Niall Browne stayed playing with TMH.

That stood out at me alright about the midfield, as I'd never seen him play there. I wasn't at the U21 match though so I didn't want to comment, in case he'd been moved out there or played as a third midfielder on the day or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 8:57 pm

I find this very strange, he is in College in Carlow, lives in Kildare but declares for Leitrim. The logistics alone for getting to training would be serious. He has no chance of winning anything, even a match victory every couple of years is considered doing well. In my eyes and maybe I'm being a little hard but to me it's a complete waste of talent and a promising Inter County future in Kildare.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:03 pm

cian played for leitrim in america last summer
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:05 pm

As stated, his father hails form Leitrim,it may be possible that his preference would be playing for Leitrim anyway, he may of supported them all through his childhood and dreamed to play for Leitrim (I know) etc but thats the only reason I can think of.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:24 pm

think cian wants to play intercounty as kildare overlooked him leitrim came looking and sayed yes
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 10:40 pm

Rex wrote:
I find this very strange, he is in College in Carlow, lives in Kildare but declares for Leitrim. The logistics alone for getting to training would be serious. He has no chance of winning anything, even a match victory every couple of years is considered doing well. In my eyes and maybe I'm being a little hard but to me it's a complete waste of talent and a promising Inter County future in Kildare.
What an extraordinarily arrogant post, Rex. Every good luck to Cian and Leitrim.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:05 pm

How is it arrogant, sometimes the truth hurts.
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:35 pm

" He has no chance of winning anything, even a match victory every couple of years is considered doing well."

I'd consider that arrogant for starters. He has as much chance of winning something with Leitrim as he has with Kildare for two reasons - firstly, he seemed unlikely to get game time here and, secondly, Leitrim are in a province where they may achieve success in the foreseeable future. They've done it before and surprised people.
And to dismiss anyone's county - adopted, inherited or otherwise - is arrogant, even IF you/we came from a successful county ourselves - which we don't!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:54 pm

You have to admit Tom. It is a very peculiar decision for him to make. He's in college in Carlow & will travel twice maybe three times a week to train in Leitrim. Is that a 4 or 5 hour return journey?

Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 1:23 am

Best of luck to Cain, nicer fella you couldn't meet. If he want's to play intercounty football and doesn't see himself in a Kildare jersey for whatever reason, well so be it.

It's about the same as the trip from Cavan BTA
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 1:27 am

Still not arrogant, only telling the truth.
They have as much a chance of winning Connacht as Waterford or Clare do of winning Munster.
You can say they have may achieve success but they won't, that's not arrogance that's the way it is.
Your point about not getting a run with Kildare is worthless because he played underage until this year and if he thought he was going to walk into the set up then more fool him. He could have stayed and put himself in the managers thoughts but he decided to up sticks. That's his prerogative, but like I said he may regret that decision so early in his football life.

Leitrim have done it before, in 1927 and 1994, their only titles in the West. Your romantic notions of smaller counties suddenly winning titles is long gone. The big and well funded teams will win it every year. Leitrim have neither the population nor the resources to make a dent.

I'll stick to my original assessment.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 1:48 am

Rex I think it would be safe to say that quite a few including the manager will cast an eye westward over the coming season and you can be quite sure, that if and it is an if, the lad does well the posse will be sent out
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 1:56 am

When did we all get high and mighty on here having won little for starters? And there must be a lot of kids on here not to realise the draw of his father's county! Probably same fellas loving Seanie,,,, Anyway! Some posters are so blinded it's sad, good footballer, committed but not good enough here, wants to play county football and the conspiracies?!

Last edited by TommyKeegan on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 3:08 am

Love your first line there, ironic considering you are the most sanctimonious, self opinionated, high horse riding, know it all but actually know f*ck all, down right boring bordering on monotonous poster/journalist it has been my misfortune to read.

Your false loyalty to the County shines through with every new post, you speak with a forked tongue and hide behind the cloak of being impartial when you like nothing better than to insult the county you pretend to support and hail from. The inclusion on Seanie Johnston in this thread is what I have come to expect from you. Scrapping the barrel to score points while boring the tits of everyone while your doing it.

Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 9:36 am

I don't find it strange at all. He is not in the Kildare panel and this is his opportunity to play at a higher level... just like Richardt Strauss, just like Ray Houghton, just like John Aldridge, just like Enda Williams, just like Niall Browne, just like Seanie Johnston, just like Eoin Morgan etc. etc. I think and hope it will be good for him, as at his age, it is an opportunity for him to progress and improve. I'd wish him all the best and would imagine he might win a few games in the league... maybe more than Kildare!!
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 9:55 am

Good luck to Cian I hope he does well for Leitrim and they have a successful year.
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 10:25 am

Best of luck Cian. Still rate him as the best forward Athy have and if he can play a few games at inter county level at a young age then it can only be good for him in the long term. Maybe we will see the best of him in a white jersey someday.

Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 11:12 am

Good luck to him.

Who's to say he won't be back playing for Kildare at some point in the future?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 12:04 pm

kickingking wrote:
Good luck to him.

But is there not something fundamentally wrong with this?

Does it not go against the ehtos of the GAA as was being bandied about when SJ made his transfer request.

Just because its in the rules of the GAA to benefit a weaker county. I wish Cian all the very best genuinely, but he was born and bread in Athy and is a Kildare man. I have absolutely no problem with him going, its his decision. But why is this so acceptable and SJ met with complete outrage.

As Rex said Logistically it does not make sense.
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 12:28 pm

We probably don't want to go over old ground but you seriously can't compare the two transfers Johnny. He has a real and tangible connection to Leitrim whereas SJ had zero connection with Kildare when he submitted his original transfer.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 12:29 pm

Johnny Maher wrote:
kickingking wrote:
Good luck to him.

But is there not something fundamentally wrong with this?

Does it not go against the ehtos of the GAA as was being bandied about when SJ made his transfer request.

Just because its in the rules of the GAA to benefit a weaker county. I wish Cian all the very best genuinely, but he was born and bread in Athy and is a Kildare man. I have absolutely no problem with him going, its his decision. But why is this so acceptable and SJ met with complete outrage.

As Rex said Logistically it does not make sense.

His father is from Leitrim?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next