Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim

Go down 
+21
lastline
Ohtoohtobe
hope
murof
kartman
SeamusMurphy
Loads of Pints
SamMaguire
kickingking
shoutitout
bag of white
TommyKeegan
losthope
BelieveToAchieve
tomoneillandhissisteranne
MD
Rex
flourman
Ogie
Jimmy winning matches
Big Full Back
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 11:39 pm

teams such as Leitrim, Sligo Roscommon will always have anywhere up to a dozen lads who are usually based outside of the county for work/living. The managers usually come to an agreement to move training to a more suitable location once or twice a week or allow the players to train on their own/with college team on some nights. I wouldnt be suprised if this is the case here.

With the amount that Leitrim has lost over the past couple of years through emmigration im sure they would be delighted with their latest aquisition. Best of luck to Cian!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 11:50 pm

Its an interesting move.. I suppose he could have went to Carlow either and that would have made sence with him being in College there and would have been with Rainbow with the u21s last Year.
I wish him the best, A real nice and genuine Lad.
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 2:23 am

With any luck Cian will have a stormer against kildare sunday and geezer will chase him to stay and give him a chance.

If not then i wish him all the best. Hes a lovely chap and a real talent. Hope to see him in the white someday.I know hes always supported leitrim as well as kildare so hope it works out.The right decision imo.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 2:36 am

Its a good move for him and maybe for Kildare in the long term. He will get the opputunity to play 7 league games and at least one Connacht and one qualifier game. Not bad for a lad who is not on the Kildare panel. If he progresses as I hope he will he could come back to Kildare as a much stronger and experienced player.
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 2:55 am

Rex - your blowout makes it clear that you're not interested in any kind of discussion other than having people agree with you. Maybe your handle says it all and I still believe your attitude to Leitrim (and be extension to other struggling counties) reeks of arrogance.
As for Kildare welcoming Cian back when Leitrim have given him a run - perhaps he won't want to play here. Perhaps his heart lies elsewhere so good luck to him with that. And, unlike the Johnson affair, there is a very definite connection between the Reynolds family and Leitrim.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 3:06 am

This is a case of the tail wagging the dog / if he was getting regular football with Kildare he wouldn't be seeking any transfer.

Please don't try putting this transfer down as a love of Leitrim / he is seeking the transfer because he hasn't had a look in with the Kildare senior setup.

Same scenario as Seanie.
Back to top Go down
hope
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 3:13 am

People on this love speculating, It's like people saying James Kavanagh is going to play with galway next year just because he said he wont be returning to the Kildare team for 2013. Once Cian submitted his transfer, Kildare then asked him to have a think about it and then asked him to join the squad for the next year. His mind was already made up, he has been on Leitrims radar since minor and all the way through to this year but chose to play with Kildare as captain for minor and u21 and now he is at an age where he wants to move on with his career so he has transfered to Leitrim who he always supported.
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 3:21 am

flourman wrote:
Same scenario as Seanie.
What part of Kildare is Seanie's father from?

Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 3:25 am

flourman wrote:
This is a case of the tail wagging the dog / if he was getting regular football with Kildare he wouldn't be seeking any transfer.

Please don't try putting this transfer down as a love of Leitrim / he is seeking the transfer because he hasn't had a look in with the Kildare senior setup.

Same scenario as Seanie.

I disagree I know a lot of people who support their parents' county ahead of their own due to the fact that when they were young they were brought to that counties' games by their parents. Cian probably grew up watching Leitrim play, spent weekends/summers in Leitrim as a youngster, has loads of extended family from Leitrim. It's no surprise he'd have a close affinity with Leitrim.

This is different to the Seanie scenario who had no connection with Kildare before the transfer.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 3:29 am

[quote="Johnny Maher"]
kickingking wrote:
But why is this so acceptable and SJ met with complete outrage.

Because if Seanie's father was from Kildare there would have been no outrage over that transfer. The two cases couldn't be more different.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 3:43 am

.. so if Reynolds was a regular in the senior setup for the past few years and getting regular football with Kildare he'd still be seeking a transfer?

Yeah right.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 4:11 am

Your argument is baseless flourman, this is a legit transfer based on the parentage rule

Seanies transfer was manufactured in a way that it was alleged he was living in kildare at the time (which he wasnt) however its apparent that this year he is living in kildare so one would have to assume it is all above board.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 4:17 am

Both transfers are for the same reason: the chance of regular football.

I am not arguing legitimacy of the transfers - I am stating that they are both for the same reason.

To be honest (as I have stated before) to argue legitimacy of the rules of an organisation who make up rules and apply them only when they feel like (or when it suits them to do so), it is an act in futility.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 6:30 am

Tommieandhissister, how thinking Leitrim won't win anything is being arrogant is mystifying. Here just for you I'll say Cavan won't win anything or Carlow or Waterford for that matter, in fact Kildare probably won't win anything either if it makes you feel any better. It's just calling it as it is. If you think they have a chance that's your opinion, I don't think they do.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 9:56 am

surprise this transfer only made the news yesterday
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 11:00 am

SamMaguire wrote:
We probably don't want to go over old ground but you seriously can't compare the two transfers Johnny. He has a real and tangible connection to Leitrim whereas SJ had zero connection with Kildare when he submitted his original transfer.

Cian is heading for a weaker footballing county that he has family connections with. its well within the rules. he is not moving to a donegal, cork, kerry or dublin because he doesnt particulary like the setup here, the county manager dropped him from the panel and theres no chance of sucess at county level. AKA .........SJ
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 7:18 am

Good luck to cian and yes he does have a big affinity with Leitrim , he will still be playing with athy and the senior inter county football will do him no harm.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 3:30 pm

flourman wrote:
.. so if Reynolds was a regular in the senior setup for the past few years and getting regular football with Kildare he'd still be seeking a transfer?

Yeah right.

Replace Reynolds with Johnson & kildare with cavan in your. Quote. See the differance !! Your making a comparison with a player. Who was a county player prior to his transfer from cavan to kildare

With a player who has yet to play senior inter county and if he choose to play for his fathers county that admirable !!!

Like others have said wish the chap well. Its a loss every county loses players look at young o neill who plays for Na Fianna in glasnevin. Tyrone by birth could possibly play for dublin

Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 5:08 am

Rex wrote:
Tommieandhissister, how thinking Leitrim won't win anything is being arrogant is mystifying. Here just for you I'll say Cavan won't win anything or Carlow or Waterford for that matter, in fact Kildare probably won't win anything either if it makes you feel any better. It's just calling it as it is. If you think they have a chance that's your opinion, I don't think they do.

That's not quite the full story as you know, Rex. Go back and read your post.
But we'll agree to differ. And I hope both Leitrim and Kildare do win their respective provincials.
Both off to winning starts today .
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 6:31 am

Reynolds (and Mulhall) only made the bench today for Carlow IT (injured perhaps?). Certainly if they cannot make the 15 for a very limited outfit like that it's hard to imagine a guy being in the running for Kildare senior? Probably made a pragmatic choice to try his luck with Leitrim and fair play to him as it's all within the rules and a totally different scenario to the SJ one.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:41 pm

He had potential in my view and maybe would of had an inpact in a year or two. I think he is one of the better possibilities outside the panel to come in. But so be it. Its going to be a lot of travelling for him.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:59 pm

sniper wrote:
flourman wrote:

Yeah right.

Replace Reynolds with Johnson & kildare with cavan in your. Quote. See the differance !! Your making a comparison with a player. Who was a county player prior to his transfer from cavan to kildare

With a player who has yet to play senior inter county and if he choose to play for his fathers county that admirable !!!

Like others have said wish the chap well. Its a loss every county loses players look at young o neill who plays for Na Fianna in glasnevin. Tyrone by birth could possibly play for dublin

young being 32????
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 12:56 am

Crofter wrote:
Reynolds (and Mulhall) only made the bench today for Carlow IT (injured perhaps?). Certainly if they cannot make the 15 for a very limited outfit like that it's hard to imagine a guy being in the running for Kildare senior? Probably made a pragmatic choice to try his luck with Leitrim and fair play to him as it's all within the rules and a totally different scenario to the SJ one.

God almighty, people just love to knock lads... Reynolds has a hamstring injury. Reynolds isn't required by Kildare at the moment? Just what IS the issue with him taking up the opportunity to play IC football? Doesn't mean he'll never play with Kildare.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 12:57 am

Botch wrote:
He had potential in my view and maybe would of had an inpact in a year or two. I think he is one of the better possibilities outside the panel to come in. But so be it. Its going to be a lot of travelling for him.

And I'd imagine he may still come in, in the future, if he develops.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 1:32 am

Ogie wrote:
Botch wrote:

And I'd imagine he may still come in, in the future, if he develops.

So he is going to Leitrim until he is good enough to play for Kildare?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next