Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim

Go down 
+21
lastline
Ohtoohtobe
hope
murof
kartman
SeamusMurphy
Loads of Pints
SamMaguire
kickingking
shoutitout
bag of white
TommyKeegan
losthope
BelieveToAchieve
tomoneillandhissisteranne
MD
Rex
flourman
Ogie
Jimmy winning matches
Big Full Back
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 3:33 am

flourman wrote:
Ogie wrote:
Botch wrote:
He had potential in my view and maybe would of had an inpact in a year or two. I think he is one of the better possibilities outside the panel to come in. But so be it. Its going to be a lot of travelling for him.

And I'd imagine he may still come in, in the future, if he develops.

So he is going to Leitrim until he is good enough to play for Kildare?

He may never be... but as the rules allow him the opportunity to play elsewhere, it is the opportunity to do that, if it's what he wants. If he does well and benefits from playing at that level, and Kildare want him and he wants to play for Kildare, why not? Maybe he won't. I'm told he has a genuine grĂ¡ for Leitrim and I can actually identify with that personally. But even if he doesn't, it's a no-brainer to accept an opportunity, when unlike soccer, it doesn't rule you out of playing for another county. If he's willing to put in the mileage, good for him. It may be a means of showing Kildare what he can do, it may not. But good luck to him. Declan Darcy captained Leitrim to win the Connacht title in 1994 but when his native county, the county he felt the closest ties to, came calling, he answered the call.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 4:27 am

Ogie wrote:
Crofter wrote:
Reynolds (and Mulhall) only made the bench today for Carlow IT (injured perhaps?). Certainly if they cannot make the 15 for a very limited outfit like that it's hard to imagine a guy being in the running for Kildare senior? Probably made a pragmatic choice to try his luck with Leitrim and fair play to him as it's all within the rules and a totally different scenario to the SJ one.

God almighty, people just love to knock lads... Reynolds has a hamstring injury. Reynolds isn't required by Kildare at the moment? Just what IS the issue with him taking up the opportunity to play IC football? Doesn't mean he'll never play with Kildare.

If you re-read my post I wasn't knocking Reynolds - I was suggesting it was a pragmatic decision given that he doesn't appear to be at Kildare's level at this time. I did question whether he was injured yesterday, hence on the bench for CIT.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 7:36 am

Loads of Pints wrote:
sniper wrote:
flourman wrote:
.. so if Reynolds was a regular in the senior setup for the past few years and getting regular football with Kildare he'd still be seeking a transfer?

Yeah right.

Replace Reynolds with Johnson & kildare with cavan in your. Quote. See the differance !! Your making a comparison with a player. Who was a county player prior to his transfer from cavan to kildare

With a player who has yet to play senior inter county and if he choose to play for his fathers county that admirable !!!

Like others have said wish the chap well. Its a loss every county loses players look at young o neill who plays for Na Fianna in glasnevin. Tyrone by birth could possibly play for dublin

young being 32????

Suspect

It was a term of referance in speech !! still it shows a openess that at 32 he can impress a inter county manager
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 10:56 pm

Crofter wrote:
Ogie wrote:
Crofter wrote:
Reynolds (and Mulhall) only made the bench today for Carlow IT (injured perhaps?). Certainly if they cannot make the 15 for a very limited outfit like that it's hard to imagine a guy being in the running for Kildare senior? Probably made a pragmatic choice to try his luck with Leitrim and fair play to him as it's all within the rules and a totally different scenario to the SJ one.

God almighty, people just love to knock lads... Reynolds has a hamstring injury. Reynolds isn't required by Kildare at the moment? Just what IS the issue with him taking up the opportunity to play IC football? Doesn't mean he'll never play with Kildare.

If you re-read my post I wasn't knocking Reynolds - I was suggesting it was a pragmatic decision given that he doesn't appear to be at Kildare's level at this time. I did question whether he was injured yesterday, hence on the bench for CIT.

Sound, apologies. I obviously took up the negative connotation, my bad. We're actually in agreement then. Good luck to him.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 11:24 pm

From a quick read of the Nationalist it would appear that both Kavanagh and Reynolds would both love to play for Kildare in the future if the call up comes. It might well work out for the best as they could come back as better players while leaving an oppurtunity for 2 more players to get a chance in their absence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim   Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cian Reynolds switches to Leitrim
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3