Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Club championship round 1

Go down 
+17
White Bridge
topcat
lily fan
tomcruise
Jimmy winning matches
Kildare98
murof
Athyman
kildaregaa365
kickingking
jim
kartman
naked-lilly
SeamusMurphy
Taibi
Rex
coffeybrendan
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
coffeybrendan
Junior A
Junior A

Club championship round 1 Empty
PostSubject: Club championship round 1   Club championship round 1 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 5:03 am

Lads and lassies - here is our look at the first round of the championship this weekend. Due to a printing error a couple of these pages didn't appear in the printed edition of the paper so hope these are all high quality enough to read. Would be interested to get your feedback on what other information you'd like the see appearing in something like this, plan to do something similar again come round two, whenever that will be - it'll feel like going back to square one anyway
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.517328741662883.1073741830.211192915609802&type=1
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Club championship round 1   Club championship round 1 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 6:11 am

I'm not sure on the how do you rate your opponents bit as they will only say positive things about them.
What else you could add instead? Maybe try putting them on the spot by asking a specific question like. One strength and one weakness of the opposition.

Also if you maybe put in who each team is playing in smaller letters. As in SARSFIELDS v Ballymore. If you did not know the draw off by heart you would need to go looking for the other team.

Otherwise informative and easily read.

Last edited by Rex on Thu May 09, 2013 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club championship round 1   Club championship round 1 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 9:27 am

Was a bit disappointed with it to be honest, lots of wrong names and spelling mistakes, the layout was all over the shop. Actual previews of the games would've been better.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club championship round 1   Club championship round 1 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 8:35 pm

Not too bad at all, exept for the Clubs that were missing..
Better job than another well known Paper, naming Chris Healy as the Kildare Minor Captain, when it should have been Mark Sherry. Lazy stuff indeed..
Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

PostSubject: Re: Club championship round 1   Club championship round 1 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 4:59 am

much better than the leader effort there preview of the intermediate consisted of an interview with flanagan? are jtb the only team in it?
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Club championship round 1   Club championship round 1 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 4:00 am

I was happy to see an effort put into it from yourselves unlike the leader.

I have to say i enjoyed reading it. i wouldn't know a lot of the managers or some players of some teams so that was good.

I would have liked to see a preview of each game also.Preferably from someone who knows the divisions inside out. Maybe a player who played intermediate recently and is knowledgable about that division would preview those games and same for junior and senior. Perhaps a monasterevin player might preview the intermediate and clougherinkoe player preview junior etc.I could think of a few from both teams who would be good.
I think its easy enough for most of us to preview the senior games as we know the players and teams well but lower divisons are a bit harder.
Some of the names errors were poor for some of the teams. Some of the key players and injuries were complete lies or rubbish but thats not the papers fault. It seems Tommys problems with county media being coy or giving nothing answers is also happening at club level. Why i don't know! I knew it was rubbish and i'm sure most people at their teams level do also.
Prob bes to cut out the quote at the bottom and just have the above previewing giving the teams star players.

Maybe we could have previews on here? Taibi seems to know intermediate quite well and i'm sure theres others? So long as it didnt get too negative i suppose.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club championship round 1   Club championship round 1 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 6:12 pm

Interestingly Brendan, why no preview of the Kildare v Offaly Minor Match ??
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club championship round 1   Club championship round 1 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 2:27 am

Just on a side note with club championship this weekend why were the county players not available to the clubs. Willie Sunderland will ruin football in this county. The county board are doing nothing to promote football in the county. Is willie Sunderland dictating to the county board.......just saying Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Club championship round 1   Club championship round 1 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 3:41 am

Serious statement of intent from Athy against Carbury
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Club championship round 1   Club championship round 1 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 3:44 am

Some one should keep an eye on tomcruise and keep him away from passing buses
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Club championship round 1   Club championship round 1 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:41 am

It's ok - Bus Eireann are on strike Rex !
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club championship round 1   Club championship round 1 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:44 am

A huge marker also put down by Johnstownbridge today, they dominated Castledermot from start to finish. All their county players really stood out for them. Anyone know why they were wearing what looked like Caragh GFC jerseys? Castledermot were in blue so I'd imagine there was no clash with JTB's green jerseys.

Last edited by Taibi on Mon May 13, 2013 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club championship round 1   Club championship round 1 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:51 am

I'm sure he'll have some excuse. Carbury were probably the better team if not for the Athy 1-15.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club championship round 1   Club championship round 1 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:20 am

Very impressed with our lads today, for the first time in a long time we clicked as a team, I would not get too carried away . IMO we have the best forward line in the county we were still missing 2 players who would normally start . Disappointed for carbury as they are a good team . I still think there is more to go with this Athy team, I am sure that bta will be struggling to drink his pint tonight Smile
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club championship round 1   Club championship round 1 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:48 am

Thought Athy were superb today as a unit. From their slick handpassing to pinpoint long range kick passing and a couple of classy goals it was the best display I've seen in the county for some time. It would be lovely if county teams played football like that but the success of Donegal last year has probably put paid to that. Felt sorry for Carbury but they are too reliant on Eoin O'Flaherty and really need other players to step up.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Club championship round 1   Club championship round 1 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:53 am

Athy have by some distance the best squad in Kildare and realistically they're the only club in the county who can hope to win a Leinster over the next few years.

They also play a creative, attacking brand of football which is brilliant to see.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Club championship round 1   Club championship round 1 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 7:50 am

Crofter wrote:
It's ok - Bus Eireann are on strike Rex !

Ha Ha true. Probably for the best.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club championship round 1   Club championship round 1 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 8:32 am

SENIOR ROUND 2

WINNERS GROUP
athy clane maynooth moorefield sarsfields confey st laurences celbridge

LOSERS GROUP
allenwood ballymore st kevins carbury naas lexlip suncroft monasterevan

INTERMEDIATE WINNERS GROUP
round towers caragh johnstownbridge raheens kilcock rathangan ellistowm ballyteague

LOSERS GROUP

sallins castledermot kill nurney kilcullen robertstown eadestown clogherinkoe
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club championship round 1   Club championship round 1 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:53 pm

Rex

I am fine today. Simply beaten by a better team who play good football. I hope that our lads can recover from this. It will be tough.
Back to top Go down
lily fan
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Club championship round 1   Club championship round 1 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 8:26 pm

Looking at the above post on winners and losers groups will be some interesting pairings anybody any idea when draws will be done
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club championship round 1   Club championship round 1 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 10:06 pm

Prob bloody August
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club championship round 1   Club championship round 1 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 10:44 pm

Murof thank you very much for the compliments, I don't think that carbury are as bad as the result would suggest or Athy are as good as the result would suggest . It is a good start for us but champ ships are never won in may and there are a lot of teams in with a good shout, moorefield have definately progressed this year and will be there or there abouts.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club championship round 1   Club championship round 1 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 10:55 pm

Thanks hg for the compliments, re producing that display every match is what is needed to win the champship, the good thing is that really our lads will not reach there peak for an
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club championship round 1   Club championship round 1 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 10:56 pm

Championship draw will probably be done at next county board meeting but the games won't happen until mid August at earliest.

Athy are now favourites for championship and rightly so after their brillinat performance yesterday, it is no foregone conclusion however and I believe anyone of 5 teams could still win it.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club championship round 1   Club championship round 1 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 10:59 pm

Agree with that topcat, moores and sash larries Athy maybe jtb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club championship round 1   Club championship round 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Club championship round 1
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next