Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

club championship round 3

Go down 
+20
Carburyhill
Gaffer
northernlily
Big Full Back
losthope
bag of white
Frankel
topcat
kartman
bloodsub
footballguru
kickingking
murof
Athyman
walsheman
Fear An Geata
Gaa1928
Taibi
jimmers
Jimmy winning matches
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

club championship round 3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: club championship round 3   club championship round 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:04 pm

Bill Gannon wrote:
Fear An Geata wrote:
Overreaction by a few lads here. It was announced at the Co. Board meeting a couple of weeks ago that Round 3 would be the weekend of 31st Aug / 1st Sept. It was only on the night that the draw was made that the possibility of playing some games on weekend of 24th / 25th Aug was mentioned.

There are only a limited number of games that could have been played this weekend due to the Kildare Juniors playing on Saturday. In addition it's quite possible that some club players would have made plans for this weekend based on the original announcement at the Co. Board meeting meaning that their clubs would be unwilling to play this weekend.

So all games will go ahead on the weekend originally announced. What's the problem ?  
clubs were told games would be on this wknd 24/25 august and that clubs who had players involved with the juniors would play 31st aug/ 1st sept.
Yeah this is what I heard too. Although it was "clubs who had players involved with the Juniors or U21 hurlers would play 31st Aug/1st Sept".
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: club championship round 3   club championship round 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:10 pm

ah they are a shower of clowns doing the fixtures in the kildare county board. clubs should all know when they are playing by now so club managers can plan when they have training etc but once again its the same old attitude from the county board towards club players and clubs - ah sher they dont need any notice when they are playing.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: club championship round 3   club championship round 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 11:38 pm

So clubs with lads who play hurling get another week added aswell
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: club championship round 3   club championship round 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 11:39 pm

bag of white wrote:
Bill Gannon wrote:
Fear An Geata wrote:
Overreaction by a few lads here. It was announced at the Co. Board meeting a couple of weeks ago that Round 3 would be the weekend of 31st Aug / 1st Sept. It was only on the night that the draw was made that the possibility of playing some games on weekend of 24th / 25th Aug was mentioned.

There are only a limited number of games that could have been played this weekend due to the Kildare Juniors playing on Saturday. In addition it's quite possible that some club players would have made plans for this weekend based on the original announcement at the Co. Board meeting meaning that their clubs would be unwilling to play this weekend.

So all games will go ahead on the weekend originally announced. What's the problem ?  
clubs were told games would be on this wknd 24/25 august and that clubs who had players involved with the juniors would play 31st aug/ 1st sept.
Yeah this is what I heard too. Although it was "clubs who had players involved with the Juniors or U21 hurlers would play 31st Aug/1st Sept".
senior hurling championship that weekend now though
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship round 3   club championship round 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 8:33 am

Where's the over reaction Fear? I listened to the Round 3 draw on the radio and that Donnelly lad doing the fixtures said games that involve county juniors will be played on the weekend of 31Aug/1Sept while all other games would go ahead on the weekend of 24/25th August. Lads could have plans made for 31Aug/1Sept knowing their game had no county juniors involved and not a single word from the clowns on the CB to confirm for sure when games would go ahead. Muppets the lot of them.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship round 3   club championship round 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:11 am

Probably needs more guys off the calibre that post on here, jaysus if only a couple of you would get on board all our fixture problems would be solved, who do those ''Muppets'' think they are, putting themselves up for election every year, sure there only in it the glory, there is no other explanation Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: club championship round 3   club championship round 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:39 am

ballyboy wrote:
Probably needs more guys off the calibre that post on here, jaysus if only a couple of you would get on board all our fixture problems would be solved, who do those ''Muppets'' think they are, putting themselves up for election every year, sure there only in it the glory, there is no other explanation Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 
+1...
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship round 3   club championship round 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:47 am

ballyboy wrote:
Any incompetent clown can put themselves up for election.

Saying one thing and then doing another seems to be the order of the day with our CB. A few of them should run for Fianna Fáil.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: club championship round 3   club championship round 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 7:37 pm

well you would think with a full time generously paid secretary the county board would be able to sort fixtures out.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship round 3   club championship round 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 8:15 pm

While I respect the right of the county board to fix all games as they deemed suitable it is just the lack of information, particulary on their own official website, thats annoys me. Why couldn't they just give an update on the fixtures situation and let the ordinary supporters know whats happening but I surpose their record in that department won't be great.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: club championship round 3   club championship round 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 8:17 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:
While I respect the right of the county board to fix all games as they deemed suitable it is just the lack of information, particulary on their own official website, thats annoys me.  Why couldn't they just give an update on the fixtures situation and let the ordinary supporters know whats happening but I surpose their record in that department won't be great.
think and players and club managers would like to know too as most would have been under the impression 3rd round was to be played this weekend.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship round 3   club championship round 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 9:20 am

Well now Taibi what you have here is a real chicken and egg scenario, if I use your logic it would mean that the clown goes forward for election, to get elected it would require like minded people to vote for him/her that would to imply that the club delegates are also clowns, now the club delegates or clowns, whichever you prefer, get elected by their club members, again using your logic more clowns would be required for this vote. What part of this circus do you fit into or is everybody a clown ??

Bill/Gaa1928 I can only assume you don't have regular contact with you respective club secretaries and county board delegates, that's where my club gets the information and if it's not to hand a phone call usually sorts it out. it's not a secret.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship round 3   club championship round 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 10:33 am

Well now ballyboy wasn't the draw for the next round of fixtures of the Junior Championship known well before the Intermediate and Senior draws so dates and venues were probably sorted long ago hence the efficiency of your top class club secretary and CB delegates.

I see the Senior Championship Relegation Semis are fixed for the following week, that's a full 4 weeks since their last competitive match..
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship round 3   club championship round 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 7:58 pm

ballyboy, as you have stated ' it's not a secret' so why not share the information on their website ( which I think is a very good website). It was posted on their website a number of weeks ago that there wold be championship games this weekend so why not post an update when that changed.

I see the fixtures are now posted, so great, we can all plan for next weekend which was all I asked for and I shouldn't have to be ringing our busy clubs officials when the county board have a perfectly good means of communications ( i.e. their official website ) and sometimes I attend fixtures other then my own club.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship round 3   club championship round 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 8:19 pm

Spot on Gaa1928. The CB can do no wrong in some people's minds.
Back to top Go down
northernlily
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: club championship round 3   club championship round 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 5:09 am

The county board are a farce. Waiting around a month to play the Q-finals is a joke.  Near impossible to plan anything with their humming and hawing over fixtures leaving hundreds of players uncertain. As for the state of Conleths park at least build some new dressing rooms for the players. What a kip. Take off you're blinkers CB supporters. Full time staff and they cant even keep the website updated.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship round 3   club championship round 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 5:11 am

Where I come from all that info is given to the club secretary on a weekly basis who then sends it to the relevant sections of the club, for general information the PRO puts it out through local and social media so at the risk off again being accused of being in awe of county officers I would suggest that you ask YOUR club officers or better again put yourself forward for this role, make those calls lads don't be waiting for them

Ask not what your club or county can do for you............

PS
Thank you Taibi for your obvious regard for our club officers, I will make sure to pass on your sentiments
Back to top Go down
Gaffer
Intermediate
Intermediate
Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: club championship round 3   club championship round 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 7:26 am

Ballyboy and Taibi , why dont the two of ye put yourself s up for election and sort the problem out, then we would have no problem ( why asks others if you wont do it yourself s)Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: club championship round 3   club championship round 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 2:10 am

Managed to get to Naas v Leixlip last night. Not a great game by any stretch of the imagination but tight and tense with defences on top. Naas toughed it out quite well after looking in trouble for long periods but I think they will struggle to go beyond the quarter final.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship round 3   club championship round 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 10:03 am

Went to the St.Laurences v Celbridge game and while the sending off did not help I feel the better team won and that Laurences have a major rebuilding job ahead of them over the next few years as they apppear to have stoodstill since they won the S.F.C. in 2009.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship round 3   club championship round 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 4:06 am

After the 3 S.F.C. games played so far this weekend I feel its a shame to see some clubs teams playing with 15 men behind the ball. Although Monasterevin had a player sent off early they had on numberous occasions today all their team inside their own 45 with nowhere to go when they did win the ball, particulary in the 2nd half. At times in the other 2 games the teams had only one player inside the oppositions 65.
What a breath of fresh air the Dublin/Kerry was.
Back to top Go down
Carburyhill
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: club championship round 3   club championship round 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 4:21 am

Who won the sarsfields monesterevin game?
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship round 3   club championship round 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 4:24 am

Carburyhill wrote:
Who won the sarsfields monesterevin game?
Sarsfields won 3.16 to 0.09
Back to top Go down
shoeshine
Junior A
Junior A
shoeshine

PostSubject: Re: club championship round 3   club championship round 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 6:13 am

Half time .... Clane 2-12 Allenwood 0-2
Back to top Go down
shoeshine
Junior A
Junior A
shoeshine

PostSubject: Re: club championship round 3   club championship round 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 6:15 am

Clane 2-13 Allenwood 1-8 ... 10 mins into 2nd half
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: club championship round 3   club championship round 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

club championship round 3
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next