Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arguing about former , current and future managers thread

Go down 
+46
naked-lilly
lomond
learmus
Dido
lilywhites on tour
White Bridge
reichenhall
Gaa1928
Frankel
Westside
Ahlethimout
Kildare98
jobluts
jj
kickingking
Onhisboot
bob12
micky murphy
overthebar
rgb
KILL BILL
jimmers
Ohtoohtobe
losthope
Ogie
Rex
Stonecold
Caprea
Sam1928
kildaregaa365
LillieLad
johnsmyth
murof
SeamusMurphy
Flamingo
if_in_doubt
Bad News Baba
jim
Taibi
TommyKeegan
lineball
hawker
Jimmy winning matches
lillyboy
topcat
The observer
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 2:07 am

micky murphy wrote:
Dare i comment on here about Armagh being relegated to Div 3 and any influence the former manager had on that!

You can of course, only as I pointed out he was only a selector same as Ryan last year. So whatever you throw at him will have to be thrown at Ryan as well. Tough choice for you micky. Have a go at the former manager but at the same time you'll be casting those same insults at your man Ryan.

Oh the irony is delicious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 2:11 am

overthebar wrote:
At least Geezer kept up his managerial record of the team he is involved with getting relegated in his first year.....  Wink  Wink  Wink  wonder will Armagh folk have the patients and give him 6 years like he got with us to turn things around....... wouldn't think to many are happy to be in Div 3 for 2015 session.... be interesting to see how they get on in Ulster championship this year.....

It's patience.

And McGeeney is selector. Not manager.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 2:14 am

Baba O' Reily wrote:
micky murphy wrote:
Dare i comment on here about Armagh being relegated to Div 3 and any influence the former manager had on that!

You can of course, only as I pointed out he was only a selector same as Ryan last year. So whatever you throw at him will have to be thrown at Ryan as well. Tough choice for you micky. Have a go at the former manager but at the same time you'll be casting those same insults at your man Ryan.

Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Wtf-is-this-shit
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 2:26 am

Baba Jason Ryan is not 'my man' for the record as i have stated on numerous occasions that my belief is that the former manager had done great work in the first few years however i think it was time for him to go.
Now he obviously has a major influence on the Armagh set-up that got relegated yesterday from Div 2
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 2:52 am

McGeeney is a hurling man we all knew that Tipp in League semi's  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 2:59 am

Sam1928 wrote:
Baba O' Reily wrote:
micky murphy wrote:

Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Wtf-is-this-shit

Ooohhh a picture of Captain Picard, that's me put in my place. How do I cope?

Micky, Ryan was in the same position last year as McGeeney is this year. So if you think McGeeney had a detrimental effect of Armagh, then by that logic Ryan had a similar effect on Kildare.
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 3:22 am

Lads this is getting ridiculous, and I put my hands up, I was one of the first to mention on here Armagh being relegated, I am sorry now that I put in what was a throw away remark, It has no relevance to Kildare now. Whatever your opinion, and absolutely everyone is entitled to theirs, the league campaign is over, we are now preparing for the championship with a very talented but young group of players who really need Kildare Supporters to get behind them. Reading these squabbles can't be good for anyone's moral
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 3:43 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
I see Longford were relagated along with the Biffos..
Maybe "u know who" wasnt doing such a bad Job afterall.

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 4:45 am

A for jaysus sake, Seamus and e.s.b will you be careful what you post, your going to be the cause off a stroke

There's no throw away remarks allowed on here
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 3:44 am

As Fr Jack would say " Im so, so sorry ".  Wink 
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 8:22 pm

Not getting into a debate about the former manager as i always believed it was his time to go but i have found our situation very similar in many ways to the management situation at Man Utd and now Moyes is gone..... what for Jason Ryan if we don't get a very inspired and hungry team for the summer???
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 10:40 pm

Surely Jason Ryan deserves the chance to get us knocked out of Leinster in the first round and at least match his predecessors first few months in charge...
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 11:37 pm

Sure he does, then let's see if he can get us to a quarter final.

Moyes and Ryan have many things in common. Won nothing, results are far worse than the previous year, tactically out of their debth, a large percentage of the support never wanted him, the others are oblivious to his failings, some players not happy with him, happy playing the underdog, rubbish interviews and will only last under a year in the job.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 12:14 am

Baba O' Reily wrote:

Moyes and Ryan have many things in common. Won nothing, results are far worse than the previous year, tactically out of their debth, a large percentage of the support never wanted him, the others are oblivious to his failings, some players not happy with him, happy playing the underdog, rubbish interviews and will only last under a year in the job.

You could probably rephrase that to read "Moyes, Ryan and McGeeney (2012/13) have many things in common..."

You could feel for Moyes I suppose considering he walked like a dead man walking into a job similar enough to Ryan, but ultimately into one which carries a level of pressure and expectation far beyond what he had experienced in his previous role.

At least with Ryan he knows what it takes to reach Leinster finals and an All Ireland quarter final. Whether he will or not though is a different matter.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 12:39 am

Moyes isn't a bad manager, just not for United. He works well within restricted boundaries, but doesn't know how to push those boundaries, so was never suited to the role and never would have been
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 1:02 am

Baba O' Reily wrote:

Is this true re some of the players?
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 1:28 am

Absolutely.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 1:50 am

Baba, what proof have you that " a large percentage of the support never wanted him and some players are not happy with him."
By the way if we draw Cavan, Limerick and Fermanagh in the qualifiers we would have a good chance of reaching a Q/F imo.
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 2:15 am

Are you saying that McGeeney is comparable to Alex Ferguson Very Happy, or that Kildare won the the All Ireland last year and have won leinsters and all Irelands under the previous management. Are you comparing the reources of Manchester United and Kildare saying Kildare have the largest following in the country and a huge pot of resources to draw from along with all that tradition of success.
Exactly the same then!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 2:35 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Moyes isn't a bad manager, just not for United. He works well within restricted boundaries, but doesn't know how to push those boundaries, so was never suited to the role and never would have been

I know its off Topic, but sur why not.. I would also say TK that Moyes signing of Fellani didnt help, and He had to be advised strongly to buy Mata ( who Jose didnt want ).. So could the Board really trust Him to buy the right Players in the Summer ?

If Baba is right, and JR has lost the dressing room.. Maybe We can do a United on it and appoint JD (not Gigsey) for the rest of the Season..
Back to top Go down
lineball
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 6:52 am

Moyes has more in common with McGeeney, has been in the top flight for years and won absolutely nothing.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 7:29 am

baba what are you targets for kildare for next 3 years
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 8:03 am

murof wrote:
Baba, what proof have you that " a large percentage of the support never wanted him and some players are not happy with him."
By the way if we draw Cavan, Limerick and Fermanagh in the qualifiers we would have a good chance of reaching a Q/F imo.
Kildare would not beat Cavan so you can forget about that.

As for proof show me where the proof is I'm wrong and I'm hardly going to name players am I. Be safe in the knowledge quite a few don't rate him near in the class of the previous manager no matter how much you want them to. 
Hell even J.D in his interview in the leader this week said as much between the lines. Funny he said McGeeney was the best manager he ever played under but never had one word for Ryan. 

Fone as I have always said you sack a manager to improve. So to stay on par we need to reach a quarter final this year, Leinster final and quarter final next year and a semi final the year after. That's the level he has to aspire to. Anything less is a backward step and a failure. 
But he won't be here in three years, he won't be here in two years. He won't be here in six months so I've no need to worry.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 8:32 am

Baba O' Reily wrote:
murof wrote:

As for proof show me where the proof is I'm wrong and I'm hardly going to name players am I. Be safe in the knowledge quite a few don't rate him near in the class of the previous manager no matter how much you want them to. 
Hell even J.D in his interview in the leader this week said as much between the lines. Funny he said McGeeney was the best manager he ever played under but never had one word for Ryan. 

Fone as I have always said you sack a manager to improve. So to stay on par we need to reach a quarter final this year, Leinster final and quarter final next year and a semi final the year after. That's the level he has to aspire to. Anything less is a backward step and a failure. 
But he won't be here in three years, he won't be here in two years. He won't be here in six months so I've no need to worry.
agree with u on jason , the way look at this jason was the main target from day one by chairman , chairman choose jason kept the players on sideand other thing was money other problem of getting a good manager and selectors are not good either, the real answer is they should got a manager who had notting to do with last set up in kildare senior,
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 8:37 am

[quote="Baba O' Reily"]
murof wrote:

Pathetic attempt at providing some proof. You clearly don't know anything other than your own dislike of Ryan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arguing about former , current and future managers thread
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next