Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier

Go down 
+41
smokey
Big Full Back
lollypop
if_in_doubt
Taibi
Rex
kickingking
Gaa1928
inexile
TommyKeegan
tomoneillandhissisteranne
stanley
Kildare98
Ohtoohtobe
Stonecold
lillyboy
lilywhites on tour
jimmers
johnsmyth
Onhisboot
jim
jj
LillieLad
topcat
SeamusMurphy
Ogie
shoutitout
lilysavage
Jimmy winning matches
teedee
MD
KILL BILL
flourman
standhimup
Westside
gomearza
murof
Loads of Pints
OutTheGap
kildaregaa365
overthebar
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 10:20 pm

Thanks KK, forgot about Cribben. Not sure Dowling is going to make it though with the options we have up front.
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 10:25 pm

Westside, that is obviously why Ryan left him in there but would O'Grady or Hyland be worth a shot in there instead?
Lyons is a serious man marker that goes without saying but when you see him go forward I just wonder are we getting the most out of him and the team.
Maybe we will have to wait till Kelly is back fit before thinking of moving him thou.
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 11:36 pm

It would be crazy to move Lyons out of corner back now
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 11:41 pm

flourman wrote:
If all goes according to plan and Dublin win Leinster : we are on a collision course with the Dubs on Saturday August 9th - probably be played in Tullamore  Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Is it pre-ordained (that we play the Leinster Champions)? You've just ruined my day...
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 11:44 pm

e.s.b. wrote:
It would be crazy to move Lyons out of corner back now

Agreed - O'Grady looked a bit raw to me on Saturday - allowed two balls if memory serves to go over him to Coulter. Wouldn't move Lyons out. If anyone is next in line to come into the defence it looks like E Doyle who did well as sub on Sat. I'm assuming P Kelly unlikely to be back to start.
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:08 am

Crofter wrote:
flourman wrote:
If all goes according to plan and Dublin win Leinster : we are on a collision course with the Dubs on Saturday August 9th - probably be played in Tullamore  Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Is it pre-ordained (that we play the Leinster Champions)? You've just ruined my day...

it seems so...

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2014/0714/630754-what-happens-next-in-football-qualifiers/
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:16 am

shoutitout wrote:
Westside, that is obviously why Ryan left him in there but would O'Grady or Hyland be worth a shot in there instead?
Lyons is a serious man marker that goes without saying but when you see him go forward I just wonder are we getting the most out of him and the team.
Maybe we will have to wait till Kelly is back fit before thinking of moving him thou.

Lyons has been excellent since he has come back into the team for the championship. He has kept the opposition's best forward quiet in the last 3 games and you can't ask for any more. We have enough players looking to get forward - someone has to mind the house.

I don't think Hyland and O'Grady are tight enough to play in the corner (even though Jason Ryan seems to have great faith in O'Grady)
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:53 am

JohnnyC, I am not knocking Lyons for one second and I agree he has played brilliantly in the last few games. The thing is you say there are enough getting forward and someone has to mind the house I just wonder have we got the right lads going forward? When Ollie broke out of defense on Sunday and also when he done it at the end of the game against Meath, he has the capability of passing by lads as if they were standing still. None of our half backs have that in them.
When you see Ollie line out in the full back line you know he is going to do a brilliant job on the man he is going to mark. All I am wondering is what would he bring to the team if he was in the half back line and giving the freedom to run at the opposition?

Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 2:31 am

Robbing Peter to pay Paul if we move Ollie and I definitely wouldn't move him out, we need a fast fucker in the full back line if everyones fit my full back like would be Kelly Fitzpatrick and Ollie I think that would be a good aul fullback all pacey enough and good in the tackle. Whats the story with Paul he played for his club there last week?
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 3:53 am

Paul Cribbin only played the first half for JTB. He must not be fully fit yet.

Yeah it would be crazy to move Ollie out the field. We have plenty of players who can do a job in the half backs - Conway, Bolton, Keith Cribbin, Doyle, Byrne, Hyland. We don't have the same options in the full back line with Peter Kelly out injured.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 8:25 pm

I see Wee James reckoned Podges Point was the turning "point" in the Match  Rolling Eyes .. Eh sorry James but Ye lost by Ten !!
Jason responded to say that Hawkeye was a waste of Money..  Surprised 
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 10:58 pm

Lads...........Paul has played a couple of games for the club and is is not injured but is just not making the squad at the moment........for whatever reason his form has dipped this year and he will struggle to get game time for remainder of c'ship IMO
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 11:02 pm

White Bridge wrote:
Lads...........Paul has played a couple of games for the club and is is not injured but is just not making the squad at the moment........for whatever reason his form has dipped this year and he will struggle to get game time for remainder of c'ship IMO

Well he did not train last night, he was there but not even togged out.
So I presumed he must be carrying a knock.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:06 am

I heard something went on with him and Jason Ryan and that is the reason I don't know if its a hundred percent true so not gonna say it on this, the source is usually reliable enough though.
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:39 am

LillieLad wrote:
I heard something went on with him and Jason Ryan and that is the reason I don't know if its a hundred percent true so not gonna say it on this, the source is usually reliable enough though.

I wouldnt be surprised, he wouldnt be the first player to have a few words with Jason Ryan this year from what i've heard.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 3:01 am

Jesus one would certainly hope that plenty of players have 'had a few words' with Jason Ryan over the past couple of months given that it is a very competitive squad with very few injuries considering previous years.

Some players are obviously rising to the challenge, others probably just have to accept they are no longer up to the standard required. I wont name names as its not fair on lads who have given so much to Kildare but time to look forward..

Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 6:24 am

Stop the press a player had words with his manager. Read John Doyles "Legend piece", every he had words with his manager.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 8:15 am

I see lads are still grasping straws to find to throw at the present manager.....try and be a bit positive lads and lets judge the team and mentors at the end of the year.......
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 9:34 am

overthebar wrote:
I see lads are still grasping straws to find to throw at the present manager.....try and be a bit positive lads and lets judge the team and mentors at the end of the year.......

I agree with you Calmilus 100% lets get behind the team
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 9:41 am

overthebar wrote:
Im not grasping at straws to throw at Jason Ryan I thought McGeeney should stay but I'll support the current management but I was stating what I heard...
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 7:43 pm

It's so funny... You pare it down to the basics... every player talks the squad game until he's not playing. Then he's pissed off. If the team wins the All-Ireland, county championship, whatever... the rows he had, any boxing matches were had out on the pitch, are all ignored and given no air time. You only have to lose an All-Ireland or county final and they start to come out of the woodwork. You're not at that level and lose a few more games, and it's manic.

In a competitive environment like this, players are challenging management as much as management is challenging players. Johnny D says he fought with McGeeney all the time. I know of plenty other rows McGeeney had. I also know that he didn't let them cloud his opinion of certain players, even though other members of management wanted those players thrown off the panel 'cos they felt a line had been crossed. McGeeney wouldn't have it.

There were players glad to see the back of him. There will be players glad to see the back of Jason Ryan. There were players glad to see the back of Micko. There were players in Kerry glad to see the back of Micko. There will be players in Tyrone glad to see the back of Mickey Harte.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 8:08 pm

Some people would say / do anything to undermine Ryan - which in the middle of a championship summer I just find ridiculous.
I prefer to forget about Ryan Vs McGeeney and just support the team up and down (excuse the pun) the country and see where it leads us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7