Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier

Go down 
+41
smokey
Big Full Back
lollypop
if_in_doubt
Taibi
Rex
kickingking
Gaa1928
inexile
TommyKeegan
tomoneillandhissisteranne
stanley
Kildare98
Ohtoohtobe
Stonecold
lillyboy
lilywhites on tour
jimmers
johnsmyth
Onhisboot
jim
jj
LillieLad
topcat
SeamusMurphy
Ogie
shoutitout
lilysavage
Jimmy winning matches
teedee
MD
KILL BILL
flourman
standhimup
Westside
gomearza
murof
Loads of Pints
OutTheGap
kildaregaa365
overthebar
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 10:10 am

Not worth a jot MD unfortunately
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 9:03 pm

And Fionn Dowling came on and scored 1-3 in that game about a week before doing his knee!
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 9:38 pm

Big changes in the expectations for this game compared to the Meath one when there was a unanimous prediction for a Kildare win.
If the same team is picked again then there can only be one outcome. We have options in players and set up and if Ryan doesn't adjust accordingly then it may well be his last game.
Be very sad for the players if it all ends on Sunday, I think they have enough ability to go farther.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 10:10 pm

Its amazing they way attidudes change from Match to Match, and I suppose its the ould fact that " a Team is only as good or bad as its last Match " .. After the Louth Match, the basic theme was "same team again", "there shouldnt be too many changes" ... Now its "cant be the same team", "wholesale changes needed"..

I agree with certain comments that maybe its the way were set up is the problem, and not just the Players involved.
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 10:12 pm

I feel for the lads who end up playing in the fullback line if Ryan persists with leaving lads out to dry with oceans of space for the forwards to play with.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 10:14 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Its amazing they way attidudes change from Match to Match, and I suppose its the ould fact that " a Team is only as good or bad as its last Match " .. After the Louth Match, the basic theme was "same team again", "there shouldnt be too many changes" ... Now its "cant be the same team", "wholesale changes needed"..

I agree with certain comments that maybe its the way were set up is the problem, and not just the Players involved.

Would you start the same team Seamus and be confident of winning?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 10:31 pm

Not sure id be "confident of winning" murof, no matter what Team we put out, if we are set up the same way.. I think Darroch has to come in if fit, as a left and right footed free taker on any Team is essential, especially at Inter County level.. most decent Club Teams have both.
I would also start Chalky, maybe in a Sweeper role, He also adds that bit of bite as we saw when introduced against Meath.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 10:34 pm

The problem is, when Chalky shows some bite, he'll be lambasted for it!
Back to top Go down
gomearza
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 3:33 am

Ogie wrote:

How would he? Sure we need more players like him. Too many nice ones.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 3:39 am

gomearza wrote:
Ogie wrote:

How would he? Sure we need more players like him. Too many nice ones.

No argument from me but you're obviously not on the forum much!
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 8:15 am

The problem often with Chalkys "bite" is that it often leads to stupid yellow cards early on in games. He was booked within 3 mins of coming on against Meath!! This means he can't reproduce that same level of aggression later on in games! If he can produce a disciplined performance while retaining that "bite", then he would be one of the first names on the team sheet!
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 8:35 am

Any word on the team or anything lads? and many heading up?
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 8:48 am

Deffo : looking forward to it
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 9:06 am

Of course heading up.. Might not see them again until January...
Amazing how the appetite gets whetted two short weeks after the debacle v Meath.

A bit worried by the number of players spouting the "we know how to win qualifiers" line this week - I've seen it from Leper, Tomas and Fergal Conway, the latter who hasn't started a qualifier match before I don't believe. I'd rather them come out and say "we've figured out what went wrong the last day and we'll have to adapt our style of play in Newry".
Back to top Go down
gomearza
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 10:02 am

Crofter wrote:
Of course heading up.. Might not see them again until January...
Amazing how the appetite gets whetted two short weeks after the debacle v Meath.

A bit worried by the number of players spouting the "we know how to win qualifiers" line this week - I've seen it from Leper, Tomas and Fergal Conway, the latter who hasn't started a qualifier match before I don't believe. I'd rather them come out and say "we've figured out what went wrong the last day and we'll have to adapt our style of play in Newry".

Typical. You'd swear they've already won celtic crosses for all the talking they do.
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 7:00 pm

I heard there's three or four changes anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 7:06 pm

Lads - they're pressers. They are in remote control at these things. It's just a line to fill space. They're not going to give you any depth. And if they said they had it all figured out, what difference would it make? None. They either have it figured out or they don't.

Maybe the qualifier line is a tool they're using for positive affirmation. In fact if the three of them used it, it definitely is. And that's great. But I wouldn't go overanalysing it.

You should see the guys at pressers. They aren't thinking deeply about every answer. It's flick a switch job.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 7:32 pm

Does anyone know if there is a bus going from Kildare to the match? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 7:45 pm

Kildare Team V Down 1 M. Donnellan, C. Fitzpatrick, H.McGrillen, O. Lyons, F.Conway, K. Cribbin, T.Moolick, G.White, C.McNally, N.Kelly, P O'Neill. E.Callaghan, P.Fogarty, P.Brophy
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 7:46 pm

Tom Cross is running a bus, Johnny
Back to top Go down
standhimup
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 7:48 pm

One player missing flourman
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 7:52 pm

haha according to Club Kildare text - we are that confident in winning we are only playing with 14 men Smile Missing a half back there or a midfielder??

K Cribben very lucky to retain his place after the Meath game IMO.

But as stated by many its a change of approach and tactics thats needed here more than personnel. Foley can have no complaints, has been poor all year.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 7:58 pm

flourman wrote:
Tom Cross is running a bus, Johnny

Thanks flourman. I think Keith Cribbin, Cathal McNally and Niall Kelly are lucky to retain their places and I'm surprised Eoghan O'Flaherty is not starting.

I'd have preferred more changes to be honest.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 8:00 pm

Also what does Smithy have to do to start a game - i'm sick hearing about how he's been flying for the past 2/3 months and has made an impact in the 2 games he has come on.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 8:24 pm

Same old same old, if there are not more changes on the team and on the playing formation then we're goosed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier   Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Down v Kildare Round 2B Qualifier
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next