Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

dan flynn is home for good

Go down 
+13
Rex
Ogie
bag of white
Onhisboot
kickingking
TommyKeegan
lilysavage
SeamusMurphy
jim
Ohtoohtobe
LillieLad
flourman
Jimmy winning matches
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

dan flynn is home for good Empty
PostSubject: dan flynn is home for good   dan flynn is home for good Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 7:34 am

Dan Flynn is back  in country   Could around for a while

Last edited by fone on Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dan flynn is home for good   dan flynn is home for good Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 9:17 am

Groundhog Day
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dan flynn is home for good   dan flynn is home for good Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 9:43 am

I think I came Shocked Would be fucking brilliant if he stays Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dan flynn is home for good   dan flynn is home for good Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 10:16 am

I saw he was in Ireland but assumed it was just for Christmas. Do you know more Fone?

To be honest I opened this thread hoping it would be about Brophy or Feely but we'll take any good player we can get...
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dan flynn is home for good   dan flynn is home for good Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 8:21 pm

Feck it I thought it was Nuxer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dan flynn is home for good   dan flynn is home for good Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 10:28 pm

I thought it was some New Show like " Whose Crib is it "... Sad
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dan flynn is home for good   dan flynn is home for good Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 5:36 am

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
I saw he was in Ireland but assumed it was just for Christmas. Do you know more Fone?

To be honest I opened this thread hoping it would be about Brophy or Feely but we'll take any good player we can get...
he does like the game down under , he 15 half stone in weight
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dan flynn is home for good   dan flynn is home for good Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 5:44 am

"He dose like the game down under" - so why is he back then?
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dan flynn is home for good   dan flynn is home for good Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 5:50 am

Back for good? or a little trip home like last year?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dan flynn is home for good   dan flynn is home for good Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 5:59 am

[quote="LillieLad"]Back for good? or a little trip home like last year?[/quote} for good
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dan flynn is home for good   dan flynn is home for good Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 6:47 am

Niceeeeee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: dan flynn is home for good   dan flynn is home for good Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 2:25 am

He should henceforth be known as the Bomerang Flynn
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dan flynn is home for good   dan flynn is home for good Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 1:50 am

I heard he was only home for Christmas after Crows had training camp in Dubai and that he has headed back to Oz?
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dan flynn is home for good   dan flynn is home for good Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 9:57 pm

Well he's changed his location on Twitter to Johnstown Bridge from Adelaide : so it would appear he's back for the foreseeable future - great news.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dan flynn is home for good   dan flynn is home for good Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 10:46 pm

Was told reliwbly training camp in Dubai had very specific targets in terms of weight and shape, not only did he jot reach these but went completely other way thus he is now back here.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: dan flynn is home for good   dan flynn is home for good Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 3:13 am

Was his contract terminated early then or was it up anyway?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dan flynn is home for good   dan flynn is home for good Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 8:21 am

kickingking wrote:
Was his contract terminated early then or was it up anyway?
not sure a person told from JTB he missed real gaa game
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: dan flynn is home for good   dan flynn is home for good Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 11:18 am

welcome home Dan
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dan flynn is home for good   dan flynn is home for good Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 3:18 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
Was told reliwbly training camp in Dubai had very specific targets in terms of weight and shape, not only did he jot reach these but went completely other way thus he is now back here.

Dunno TK I follow a Port Adelaide forum thread about him and a fair few of their fans seem to think the opposite - that he is in exceptional shape.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: dan flynn is home for good   dan flynn is home for good Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 8:51 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
TommyKeegan wrote:

Dunno TK I follow a Port Adelaide forum thread about him and a fair few of their fans seem to think the opposite - that he is in exceptional shape.

I've read some reports on AFL forums saying he's been given additional leave due to homesickness and may return to Adelaide.

I'm not sure what Dan thinks of the place but there's no way I could spend a significant amount of time living in Adelaide, it is the dullest city I've ever been to.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dan flynn is home for good   dan flynn is home for good Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 8:57 pm

I only spent one weekend there in my life bow and couldn't find a pub with an atmosphere on a Saturday night. More life in Naas on a Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dan flynn is home for good   dan flynn is home for good Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 8:59 pm

The club rated him really highly - in terms of his speed on the counter and his ability to kick the ball, invariably an issue for the Irish. He was still developing his understanding of the game, where to run, when to run, but in broken play, he had the potential to be devastating. There is the possibility of course that if he struggled to settle or was hankering for home that it affected his performance / training. I don't know that. But certainly, they were delighted when he came back. And it seems they'd take him back again but that's not going to happen.

It's important to say too in relation to O2's comment about the fans - the Aussies in general tend not to be praise an Irish guy for giving it a go, although under a new system now, they are not taking the place of someone who has played the game all their lives, which irritated many. But if they weren't up to it, they said it. Marty Clarke was slated by the Collingwood supporters. I have yet to read a negative comment about Dan. He just didn't settle. He's embarrassed about it and wants to keep the head down for a wee while. But it's obviously great news for Kildare if he has an interest in giving the near-professional commitment here. If he's happy though, it'll be easier to do.

And I agree, Adelaide is boring. I loved Australia but three or four days there was enough.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: dan flynn is home for good   dan flynn is home for good Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 9:47 pm

He shouldn't be embarrassed about anything. He was brave and talented enough to leave Ireland at a young age to play a professional sport that he was head hunted for. He barely played the game before leaving.
He has done what 99.5% of lads his age could only dream of doing. He obviously gave it a right good go as Aussies don't generally entertain fools when it comes to sport.

Fair play to him some things just don't work out for one thing or another.
Delighted to see him back and hopefully it won't be too long until he wears the white again.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dan flynn is home for good   dan flynn is home for good Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 10:29 pm

+1
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dan flynn is home for good   dan flynn is home for good Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 10:32 pm

Absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about. We should all be delighted to have him back - he adds serious option as a midfielder or a strong running wing back. He's a big lad with pace to burn.

Last year's debacle must be avoided though - if he's back he's back and committed for the year - not like last year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dan flynn is home for good   dan flynn is home for good Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dan flynn is home for good
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next