Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bernard Flynn's All Stars

Go down 
+19
the real 15
ripvanwinkle
jnrwhite
Misneach
Rex
Derfil
tomcruise
lomond
bob12
Loads of Pints
koko39
jj
flourman
Kaiser Sóze
Sam1928
peile
kickingking
Stonecold
browser
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
browser
Junior A
Junior A

Bernard Flynn's All Stars Empty
PostSubject: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:45 am

I was just wondering if any of you saw The Mirror yesterday where Bernard Flynn picked what he considers as the All Stars at the moment?

I didnt pay too much attention to who else was on it except for the Kildare boys and there was 5 if memory serves me correctly.

S McCormack
P Kelly
E Bolton
J Doyle
J Kavanagh

Just wondering would you agree/disagree with his picks or should there be more lads on it?
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:05 am

Morgan O'Flaherty & Daryl Flynn should be there
Back to top Go down
browser
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:13 am

Well somebody in work read the article and asked me who I though they were. My initial guess was Morgan,P Kelly, Daryl, Jimmers and J.D.

No disrespect intended but I wouldn't have thought of Shorty anyway. And I definately woulda picked Morgan ahead of Bolton.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:15 am

Shorty hasn't done anything wrong since coming in but I wouldn't have him ahead of McVeigh from Down or Claffey from Roscommon on the Championship to date.

I'd agree with Stonecold on Morgan Flats and Flynn. I'd throw in Leper as well who was our best player in the five backdoor games.

It's fairly pointless picking an All-Star team at this stage though because as always it will be heavily dependent on who plays well in August and September. If we win on Sunday week you could be looking at 5 or 6 players minimum but if we lose I'd say only JD is guaranteed one.
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 6:04 pm

I'm amazed Bernard Flynn is giving us even 5, his stomach must be inside out. Agree with Stonecold, Daryl Flynn should really be a cert but unfortunately only Kildare supporters can see his true contribution ALL YEAR not just in qualifiers. Daryl is just an outstanding player who gives his all, all of the time and just gets on with it without being elaborate or fancy.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 7:26 pm

Bernard Flynn is a clown and not even a funny one.
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Sóze
Intermediate
Intermediate
Kaiser Sóze

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:10 pm

Cluxton will get the nod in goals. taking 45s too.

Kavanagh and Johnny will get one regardless of result.

we'll get 3 or 4 if we win.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:46 pm

Suberp Avitar - that will look brilliant on Sunday week
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:14 pm

Dont think that avatar is legit. They are all hoodies and look like they are protesting something.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:54 pm

peile wrote:
I'm amazed Bernard Flynn is giving us even 5, his stomach must be inside out. Agree with Stonecold, Daryl Flynn should really be a cert but unfortunately only Kildare supporters can see his true contribution ALL YEAR not just in qualifiers. Daryl is just an outstanding player who gives his all, all of the time and just gets on with it without being elaborate or fancy.
riefly after the Meath game and

Met him briefly after the Meath game and in fairness to him he was very complimentary towards Kildare's performance in beating his county. He didnt attempt to hide his growing impression of us
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:57 pm

Would definitely include Morgan and Daryl there. Would love to see JD get one..he's give such great service.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:48 pm

Met Flynn after the Meath game coming out of croker and he was very impressed with Kildare, immense was the word he used, he also said we were the team to beat.

He is 6 cans short though...
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:53 pm

jesus it seems to be fashionable to meet bernard flynn..

ok, i met bernard flynn in chartbusters working on his tan for this weeks sunday game
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:27 pm

HA HA Very good loads of pints like it
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:50 pm

Isnt Flynn a second generation Kildare man, I think he has St Kevins blood in him !!!
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:53 pm

lomond wrote:
Isnt Flynn a second generation Kildare man, I think he has St Kevins blood in him !!!

Hahhahahah MANBEARPIG is Bernard Flynn, it all becomes clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:54 pm

lomond wrote:

Nope but you're not far off. His first cousin (a true Kildare man) actually played senior football for Kildare and he'e a Kevins man alright.

Jaysus I'd have loved to have met B Flynn after the game !!! Lads, what else COULD he say ??
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 12:46 am

Is this Bernard Flynn from Allenwood or Meath ? The Allenwood folk will be hard to listen to this weekend Mad

Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 6:56 am

This is like ripleys believe it or not but I met him as well and his comment was that the performance against Meath was the best performance by any team in championship football since Galway hammered Meath 10 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 7:47 am

Did you all get stuck in a lift with him or what.
Back to top Go down
Misneach
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:08 am

When asked on Newstalk last Sunday evening who he saw as the team with the potential to take over from Tyrone or Kerry over the next few years, the same Bernard Flynn said Kildare!! He claimed to be very impressed by us this year.

Never thought I'd see the day..

Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 7:55 pm

The Herald had a team on friday evening and it had Kelly , Bolton and JD on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 9:43 pm

If P.Kelly does a job on Coulter on Sunday week, he will get one.

He's been excellent.

Flynn was knocking around the Hoganstand side of Croker after the Kidlare game, seen him coming and going out of Jury's Croker too so i say he ran into a lot of Kildare fans that day!
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:05 pm

Feckin Bernard Flynn fan club................ down with that sort of thing!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jnrwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate
jnrwhite

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:13 pm

Ha ha. Funny Stone Cold. When did B Flynn become so popular. =)

And answering an earlier post he's first cousin with the St. Kevins legend that is Pat Flynn who played for Kevins and Kildare
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bernard Flynn's All Stars
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next