Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bernard Flynn's All Stars

Go down 
+19
the real 15
ripvanwinkle
jnrwhite
Misneach
Rex
Derfil
tomcruise
lomond
bob12
Loads of Pints
koko39
jj
flourman
Kaiser Sóze
Sam1928
peile
kickingking
Stonecold
browser
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ripvanwinkle
Senior
Senior
ripvanwinkle

Bernard Flynn's All Stars - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:17 am

Shorty cant get an all star. He's done a job but that's all, taller guy wud have avoided a few scores. Cluxton conceded 5 in one game.
Back to top Go down
Misneach
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 12:13 pm

I feel people can be very hard on Shorty. He's an excellent keeper in my view.
Back to top Go down
the real 15
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:20 am

excellent keepers save poorly struck penaltys, tom corley is streets ahead of him.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:43 am

the real 15 wrote:
excellent keepers save poorly struck penaltys, tom corley is streets ahead of him.

Harsh. Would you not give him any leeway given the conditions at the time????

Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:17 pm

the real 15 wrote:

Excellent keepers can catch the ball
Back to top Go down
Misneach
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:17 pm

the real 15 wrote:
..tom corley is streets ahead of him.

Obviously not in Geezers view. If he thought that he would be starting him.

It seems unfair that at the moment there is full support behind McGeeney's decisions and the team yet the one player who seems to get the occasional swipe is Shorty. There is a fab feel good factor about at the moment and I feel comments like the one above are harsh serve no purpose at this point in time.

I trust McGeeney and his decisions. He has picked who he has picked because in his view they are the best. That's good enough for me.
Back to top Go down
ripvanwinkle
Senior
Senior
ripvanwinkle

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:55 am

In fairness hes doing a job and a decent one at that but the standard of keepers in the county is very poor and i think thats proved by the uncertainty at the start of the year at whod be no1 and they eventually goin wit shorty.
Back to top Go down
croker
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 3:38 am

There were three contenders for goalkeeper and Shorty has been picked for every game- says it all really
Back to top Go down
geezerslilywhites
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 4:11 am

very harsh comments on shorty, especially blaming him for not saving the penalty!
just want to make 1 comment that i heard on KFM about a year and a bit ago. Killian Whelan said (i can only believe it is true) that Shorty had been travelling back from college in scotland to train with the team.
Now that sort of commitment doesnt warrant any abuse in my eyes. Let's get behind what is a fantastic bunch of players and mngt!
Back to top Go down
croker
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:24 am

He travelled back from Scotland for matches and went through Aberdeen airport so many times that he was pulled in for a "chat" by security about his movements!!!!
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:55 am

Have to agree with you on that croker,he's been very good so far this year,also was very unlucky not to save the peno.He certainly can't be blamed for not saving it.
As for his dedication....top notch.

I'm sure the majority of begrudgers are moorefield heads Very Happy
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 1:08 am

supersub wrote:
Have to agree with you on that croker,he's been very good so far this year,also was very unlucky not to save the peno.He certainly can't be blamed for not saving it.

Calling Sam..calling Sam....come in Sam.... !!!
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 1:16 am

peile wrote:
supersub wrote:

Calling Sam..calling Sam....come in Sam.... !!!

He's, ahem, otherwise engaged, on the Countdown thread I think!
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 1:27 am

supersub wrote:

Bernard Flynn's All Stars - Page 2 Fa1cc8676f56e4ddfd69cfcb4f6cec231245723406_full

Bernard Flynn's All Stars - Page 2 Icon_smile........ahhhh thats better...consonent please Carol.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 2:19 am

deadly Sam
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Flynn's All Stars   Bernard Flynn's All Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bernard Flynn's All Stars
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2