Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban

Go down 
+26
Mooreman
GaaHead
kildarecat
tomcruise
walsheman
Sam1928
Big Full Back
Ohtoohtobe
Derfil
Come on the Boys in Blue
rgb
HoA
Stonecold
Yellow Pearl
Fear An Geata
Ogie
Lily8
kartman
wingback
kickingking
abl
sillycow
Moorefieldbhoy
carburyman
Rex
GAA_PUNTER
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GAA_PUNTER
Junior C
Junior C

Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Empty
PostSubject: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:31 pm

Kildare footballer, Daryl Flynn, could be facing a six month ban,
as a result of an altercation with a referee in a recent club championship game against Portlaoise.

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/2010/11/15/gaa-kildare-star-daryl-flynn-facing-six-month-ban/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:50 pm

Same old shite from the GAA as usual.

Going back to what McGeeney said after the down match, they are well able to tell how many times a mentor stepped over the line during a game but there not able to call a square ball or a legitimate point.

Obviously having not been in the tunnel myself, i dont know the ins and outs of the situation, but after Fahey's performace during that game how is still allowed to continue to referee at that level?
Why isn't his performance being looked into or investigated?
It seems to me that from the players and mentors up, the GAA is untouchable at all levels.

If your constantly willing to bend over and take it, there isn't a better organisation at giving it than the GAA.
Back to top Go down
GAA_PUNTER
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:53 pm

Totally agree
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:53 pm

Kildare midfielder Daryl Flynn is facing a potential six-month suspension following a clash with referee Derek Fahy after a Leinster club championship first-round match with Portlaoise last month.

The Leinster Council's Competitions Control Committee (CCC) proposed a six-month suspension for the Moorefield man last week, on the back of Fahy's report, which detailed the nature of the alleged altercation in the tunnel area of the Portlaoise ground.

Flynn, a highly consistent presence with Kildare all season, had been sent off late in the game after receiving two yellow cards.

He is likely to accept the offer of a hearing from Leinster's Central Hearings Committee (CHC) to fight the prospect of such a long stint away from the game but it may not be heard for a few weeks.

If the CCC proposal is accepted by the hearings committee, Flynn would miss Kildare's entire Division 2 league campaign.

With Dermot Earley -- Flynn's regular midfield partner -- already sidelined after recent surgery to repair a cruciate ligament tear that interrupted his season, it would leave Kildare stretched in the early part of next season.

Long-serving midfielder Killian Brennan has joined his Suncroft club-mate Anthony Rainbow in retirement.

Moorefield's Ronan Sweeney also picked up a four-week suspension after confronting Fahy at the end of the highly entertaining game in Portlaoise on October 24.

The referee drew strong criticism from the Moorefield crowd and from Moorefield manager Jack Sheedy -- the former Dublin footballer -- for a decision that went against them early in the game.

They were incensed at Flynn's second yellow card, which resulted in his dismissal at a time when they were making a strong recovery against the home side.

It's not the first time in recent seasons that Moorefield have been in hot water with the Leinster Council. Their trip to Portlaoise was forced on them. Part of their punishment for incidents in a Leinster club quarter-final against Longford champions Dromard three years ago was that they should play their next two provincial matches away from home. This was the second match under that penalty.

That same season, a spectator who, the Leinster Council established, had links to the club, attempted to strike referee Syl Doyle after a Leinster club semi-final defeat to Westmeath champions Tyrrellspass.

It is also understood that Moorefield received a significant fine following this latest episode.

- Colm Keys

Irish Independent
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:59 pm

Load of bollix, same old shite just a different day.

Six months, did he give him an atomic wedgie or something.
Fcuk me, lads get done for manslaughter and walk free.

Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:18 pm

Totally agree with all your posts lads.But one thing, i know Daryl has a short fuse,this now means that he doesn't play until the championship,which will leave Kildare short in the middle.
This will also mean Daryl not being match fit.Hope all the training will stand to him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:50 pm

I believe that a 48 week ban is the minimum that can be handed down for a physical assault on a referee so straight away there was obviously no physical contact so that can be ruled out.
It was obviously all verbal, with Roly picking up a month for his involvement.
The GAA need to take a look at the video of the Match and ask themselves why these two lads have recieved punishments, rather than brushing the real problem under the carpet.

carburyman that there is no way that Daryl, Moorefield or indeed Kildare should accept this ban, regardless of what happened in the tunnel.

It should be taken as high as possible.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:55 pm

Six months for a few choice words, I'd understand if the situation got physical but losing the rag after getting sent of in the wrong and seeing your club beaten due in no small part to a few dodgy calls and giving both barrells does not deserve six months.

It has been said before that this county needs to stand up for it self and this situation is no different.

I'd suspect though we'll get bent over and be given what for as per usual.
Back to top Go down
Moorefieldbhoy
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:19 pm

Its heartening to hear all the support for Moorefield and Daryll here on the board.

We feel as a club that the ban is totally unjust, and unfair on the footballer who in my eyes has developed into a fantastic midfielder for club and county.

Moorefield have also been fined for this and if they reach the Leinster stage again, they have to forfeit home advantage again!!

Daryll admits himself, he has a short fuse, but over the last year i think Mc Geeney has managed to curb this agression and channel into the right channels.

If anyone went to that game in Portlaoise, they would know how bad the refereeing was in the first half especially. Daryll deserved to be sent off for two bookable offences. He was obviously frustrated at how the game was going, the decisions going against him and his team. He left the pitch, stayed on the sideline until the final whistle& walked into the tunnel afterwards. However the dressing room for Moorefield was locked. He stood outside waiting, obviously still fuming, the referee then walked into the tunnel and daryll had a few choice words to say to him.
Back to top Go down
sillycow
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:40 pm

no excuses, please. daryl and roli were wrong.

daryl's ban is higher due to his record.
fine is high due to moorefields record.

daryl's ban will be halfed on appeal, but lets not make out that the players are right coz there not, and moorefield are not being unfairly treated, they just keep letting themselves down.

players boil over from time to time, but you cant abuse refs with facing the music.

Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:47 pm

Dont know what planet your on silycow,but any post that you make do not make any sense at all.
Kiladre co. board should fight all the way to have this ban over turned.
Daryl is a fine footballer and was just reaching his peak.
I you read moorefield boy post ,it was only verbal,and i totally agree with him.
I f this was Dublin or any other country i bet they would fight to have this over turned......
Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:02 am

Daryl was supposed to have a crazed look in his eyes and the ref feared for his safety.thats what is supposed to be in refs report.Bollox.Somebody said it earlier referees dont have to answer for anything.On the fine thats because Moorefield didnt wear Kildare jerseys.The leinster council told them they had to wear them and they didnt simple enough.
I mentioned it on another thread different rule for different counties.Timahoe have to give up home advantage for the next 2 years seemingly but are playing in portlaois,why isnt this game switched to ballymore.Moorefield had to give up home advantage and had to travel to mullingar and portlaois when the game could have been played in clane or athy
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:29 am

Ha Ha "crazed look in his eye". If that's true then the ref is a big wet blanket.

He 'd not want to go into a chipper on a Saturday night he'd crap himself. Lads with crazed looks desperate for an auld snack box. He wouldn't know where to turn.

On a serious note, how the hell do you get six months for verbals, and how in the name of God do Moorefield have to give up home advantage again if they ever get the right to use it. If everythime a player was suspended and the club where punished nobody would be playing at home for a long time. If they continue with this there is a serious precedent set.

These blokes are making up the rules as they go along. It's farcical at this stage.

Last edited by JME on Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:32 am

Well said JME,its about time they stop making up there own rules
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:40 am

Eoin Bradley had a 48 week ban halved to 24 weeks after clashing with a referee after a club match in Derry recently.
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:41 am

JME wrote:
Ha Ha "crazed look in his eye". If that's true then the ref is a big wet blanket.

He 'd not want to go into a chipper on a Saturday night he'd crap himself. Lads with crazed looks desperate for an auld snack box. He wouldn't know where to turn.

On a serious note, how the hell do you get six months for verbals, and how in the name of God do Moorefield have to give up home advantage again if they ever get the right to use it. If everythime a player was suspended and the club where punished nobody would be playing at home for a long time. If they continue with this there is a serious precedent set.

These blokes are making up the rules as they go along. It's farcical at this stage.

I think Sarsfields are behind this, trying to get one over their neighbours, its a conspiracy i tell you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:43 am

abl wrote:
Daryl was supposed to have a crazed look in his eyes and the ref feared for his safety.thats what is supposed to be in refs report.Bollox.Somebody said it earlier referees dont have to answer for anything.On the fine thats because Moorefield didnt wear Kildare jerseys.The leinster council told them they had to wear them and they didnt simple enough.
I mentioned it on another thread different rule for different counties.Timahoe have to give up home advantage for the next 2 years seemingly but are playing in portlaois,why isnt this game switched to ballymore.Moorefield had to give up home advantage and had to travel to mullingar and portlaois when the game could have been played in clane or athy

As i said earlier if your willing to bend over and take it there aint a better organisation at giving it than the GAA.
So are they basing the 6 month ban entirely on the referee's report of Daryl Flynn having a crazed look in his eyes and giving some verbals?
And the words "crazed look" came up in the referee's report?
This morning I found it unbelievable that you could get a 6 month ban for verbals, I now find the whole situation an absolute farce.
Can someone from Moorefield clarify the situation?
I fear that because this is Moorefield, Daryl will get no change from the Leinster Council on this which would be a disaster, he is not a dirty player and when you see the antics on the field of play, live TV for thousands of viewers including youngsters of Paul Glavin, Tadhg Kennelly in the AI final(admitting it after that is was deliberate and still getting no sanction) and Thomas O Sé it make syou wonder.
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 1:47 am

Fahey has to be the worst referee in the country,and its not the first time he's r*de a kildare team,in fact im almost sure he sent off flynn before too.Didnt he send 2 lads off against down in first round of league this year?

If its a few verbals then so be it...get over it derek.

As i said before on here he'll be rewarded for his bad refereeing with a few big games soon.It'l never change.

Daryl did deserve to be sent off as im sure he'd tell you himself but six month ban for verbals is nothing short of a disgrace.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 1:57 am

If he gets that long for verbal abuse it's a right farce.
If we're without him and Earley for the league it won't be good
hopefully they'll appeal it and get it halved at least
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 2:12 am

kickingking wrote:
Eoin Bradley had a 48 week ban halved to 24 weeks after clashing with a referee after a club match in Derry recently.

yep, and that was a 'clash', rather than a verbal joust... the difference there of course was that it was county board and they couldn't be having one of their best players unavailable for the championship.

I don't give Darryl a great chance here although sillycow is completely over the top here. Barring he threatened physical harm to his wife and children, I don't know how he could get six months for verbals. It's okay to say he's on the wrong, but we're not talking about robots, we're talking about flesh and blood with normal emotions, taking part in a game where which is physical contact upon physical contact, hit, hit, hit - anger, joy, disappointment, adrenaline coursing through your veins. And you've a referee who's been shit and given a host of ridiculous decisions against you, and sent you off ridiculously harshly, probably because of your reputation (and a little prick throwing himself to the ground every time he comes within five feet of you). I probably wouldn't have said anything to him, but then I mightn't have waited until the game was over. I'm not condoning it but I can understand it.

The point is, why isn't the referee held responsible for his part in it, but then it's the same as the Laois-Kildare match in the OBC... the players are punished because the officials won't or can't do their jobs properly. Six months is insane...
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 2:32 am

Anyone know what Category offence he was charged with:-

Category II covers abusive language towards a ref. The minimum suspension is 4 weeks for this (doubled to 8 weeks for repeat infractions)

Category IV covers minor pysical interference (e.g. laying a hand on, pushing, pulling or jostling), threatening or abusive conduct towards or threatening language to a ref. The minimum suspension for this one is 12 weeks (doubled to 24 weeks for repeat infractions)
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 2:37 am

Anything in the rule book for "crazed look"
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 3:19 am

Moorefield recieved written notification the week prior to the game instructing them to wear Kildare colours because of the clash. Portlaoise recieved the same notification and changed, I gather that Moorefield went to the trouble of getting the jserseys but their chairman instructed them not to wear them. For this they deserve the fine and whatever else goes with it.
Perhaps the idiot should be forced to pay the ine himself.

As for Flynn, I can understand him being worked up over things that went on during the game. But everybody knows nowadays what these fools are like. Himself and Sweeney are practically fulltime footballers and they above anybody else know they cannot touch or abuse a referee. The length of the ban seems to be very harsh and I would expect it to be appealed. Wouldnt be too hopeful for them tho.

Moorefield are bringing a lot of this on themselves tho. Their recent dicipline has been nothing short of appaling, and I dont just refer to incidents they have been caught for. If its not Flynn its Sweeney, or David Whyte. James Lonergan at times borders on being a thug. The guys who are running the club are not learning from previous mistakes and the Leinster officials are obviously of the 'throw the book at them' attitude over the lies they told a few years ago (Tyrrellspass referee assault).

We're all frustrated with referee's. People the length and breadth of the country are sick of them, but lads you just can't go saying and doing as you please and expect to get away with it. The dicipline system in Kildare is hardly a shining example of how to run things, so the CB can't say a whole lot.

Stupidity has cost Moorefield a whole lot of money and home venue. But its cost Kildare our best midfielder (apart from Dermot) for much of the league.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 4:02 am

You know Newbridgefan sometimes the least said is the best, the Japanese have a saying"if you have nothing good to say then say nothing".

Last year after the O'Byrne cup Kildare were branded a dirty team with Northen hard man tactics. A statement that was way out of line and blown out of proportion by a few media hacks after some innocent enough sendings off. You seem to adopt this attitude regarding Moorefield and it is pretty pathetic and a little inciteful to say the least.

Graham Geraghty was no angel and he gave referees some abuse over the years, never seen him get 6 months for it.
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 4:13 am

Should that not read, if Stonecold dosent agree with it, then dont say it??

You say a lot of things on here that I dont agree with but I dont pull you up on them.

Im not asking you to agree, if ya don't like it. You know what you can do.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next