Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban

Go down 
+26
Mooreman
GaaHead
kildarecat
tomcruise
walsheman
Sam1928
Big Full Back
Ohtoohtobe
Derfil
Come on the Boys in Blue
rgb
HoA
Stonecold
Yellow Pearl
Fear An Geata
Ogie
Lily8
kartman
wingback
kickingking
abl
sillycow
Moorefieldbhoy
carburyman
Rex
GAA_PUNTER
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 4:15 am

*walks in*

* spots sam standing with his head shaking*

*calls ambulance*
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 4:41 am

No reply, he must off gathered his nuts and disappeared back into his hole Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 5:11 am

We'll have to agree to disagree JME and like I said we don't know for certain what happened, but I'd bet a fairly big sum it was worse than Andy Roddick telling an umpire off at Wimbledon
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 7:17 am

Likewise lads, I aint gonna be goin on about this forever. Ive made my thoughts well known on this.
Previous misdemeanor's have been a lot worse than just verbals.
If its another case f a referee telling lies to get a player suspended, then Fahy deserves to be banned. But if its Flynn being Flynn, he should be made take his medicine.
Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 8:09 am

Newbridgefan wrote:
Likewise lads, I aint gonna be goin on about this forever. Ive made my thoughts well known on this.
Previous misdemeanor's have been a lot worse than just verbals.
If its another case f a referee telling lies to get a player suspended, then Fahy deserves to be banned. But if its Flynn being Flynn, he should be made take his medicine.

Like Alan Barry did.Just a quick question . You refer to a Moorefield as bordering on a thug.Well answer me this, were Sarsfields missing anyone from their u21 team at the weekend and why was he missing.Moorefield got a fine for not wearing the Kildare jersey .Sarsfield also got a fine last week from what im hearing from a sash friend.So do you think the same should apply to your chairman and he pay the fine.
This thread as far as i know was started about D Flynn getting banned and as far as i would think it was about the ramifications it will have on the KILDARE team going into next year, not another bitter squabble about Moorefield and the club.If Daryl did touch the ref then he deserves his punishment but untill you hear the full details dont try to hang the chap just yet

Last edited by abl on Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:10 am

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
We'll have to agree to disagree JME and like I said we don't know for certain what happened, but I'd bet a fairly big sum it was worse than Andy Roddick telling an umpire off at Wimbledon

No harm in disagreeing, at least we had an adult debate over it. You have your view I have mine if we all thought the same what would be the point.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:41 am

fionnmccool wrote:
vodafone2010 wrote:
carburyman wrote:
Dont know what planet your on silycow,but any post that you make do not make any sense at all.
Kiladre co. board should fight all the way to have this ban over turned.
Daryl is a fine footballer and was just reaching his peak.
I you read moorefield boy post ,it was only verbal,and i totally agree with him.
I f this was Dublin or any other country i bet they would fight to have this over turned......

Bull...t !!! ever club in ireland has to follow the rules and laws of the game , even if they are beggars to rights or wrongs of refereeing reports , and just to remind you , this is a kildare forum , so the mentioning of Dublin or any other country is ilrevelant , i dont agree with 6 months for Mr flynn , but where does respect for referees start and stop ,on the field off the field the line has to be drawn somewhere

I agree that there has to be a level of respect for referee's, but this is a GAA created problem.
By having poor referee's implementing grey rules which are open to interpretation in charge of big games, making poor decisions and being answerable to no one.
The referee's can pick their own umpires, who require no training whatsoever in the rules of the game, but are able to advise referee's to issue cards whenever they feel like it.
There needs to be a complete over haul of refereeing standards in the GAA.
it would be no harm if the Kildare County Board took the lead on this and start with there own club refs to try and get them to some sort of decent standard. After all , Kildare were on the end of some poor decisions in the AI semi final, the CB should know better than anyone what poor decisions can lead to.
1000% agree with everything said here it has to start in your own back garden first , but for the sake of the game it has to been everywhere in the GAA community , not in one place , and as you said it our county boards and the association that has to lead by example , more funding for referee training by our county boards , a small faction of what is put into inter county teams , may help, and a clear defined rule book with no grey areas , or grey areas comprising of get out clauses on the player/team part , defined disipline has to start at all levels of club with our U6 to senior and right up to inter county from u14 development squads to senior
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:56 am

JME wrote:
Much rarer in Soccer, c'mon every match I've ever watched the ref gets verbally abused from the first minute to the last, tennis is a example of a sport where it most certainly does happen. Roddick, Murray, Djokovic, Serena Williams all have a pop at the umpire regularly if things appear to go against them. To say it dosen't happen in other sports is wrong.

As for the Galvin affair this year it did not pass me by but what was his ban for sticking fingers in the mouth of an opponent. He was due back if they got to the final if I recall, so that was certainly not a six month ban. I'd consider that as bad if not worse than giving the ref verbals. Plus he is a serial offender, so it is even worse he was not out for the rest of the year.

As for his first ban, he got six months for physically interfering with a ref on the field of play in an inter county game which was shown on the TV in front of the whole country and still did not do the punishment that was orignally handed down. If that does not prove that Six months for Flynn is a joke then what does.

What about the battle of Omagh, I don't recall too many players getting six months.

I'II back you here , your right , all because of grey areas in our rule book , the same rules that governed the laois v kildare mass brawl Wink

As I said the GAA is the worst organised sporting body I can think of when it comes to punishments, every county makes it up as they go and consistency just swings in the wind.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 12:11 pm

Why are bringing the Kildare v Laois game up, players involved in that all got suspensions and missed a lot of last years league, the Healy park row resulted in no suspensions after they were all overturned.

Which was my point, rules for one are not rules for the other.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:27 pm

Take the suspension on the chin and grow up. After listening to the manager whinging and crying on the radio after the game , I am not surprised the players lost the run of themselves.

Also take your beating and grow up.

Maybe in 2011 the Kildare senior club champions will actually win a game in Leinster for a change.The last three years have been an embarassing wipeout.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:59 pm

Tom, they did take their beating, Sheedy said the best team won. What he also said was the referee wasn't up to the job. Most observers, and any neutrals like myself that were at the game would agree. That referee has never been up to the job but he will be wheeled out to make more bad decisions and cause more frustration and rows. If you have good officials, you avoid rows. Referees are an easy target, I accept that, but there's too much goes into games now for guys as bad as Fahey to be allowed be in charge. You keep getting wrong decisions and it's hard not to blow a fuse. Not everyone's Mr Cool. If you're in a night club and a guy keeps pushing his finger in your chest, most people will definitely react. In a match atmosphere when the blood is boiling and the adrenaline is flowing, feeling you're getting ridden bareback time after time tends to lead to a reaction.
Now if that reaction was verbal, six months is insane. If it was more, we'll have to see but if there's any consistency aka comparing with the likes of Galvin, it would have to have been more than verbals. Clearly, Flynn's past record of two or three sendings off at inter-county level wouldn't have helped.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:05 pm

Welcome back TC, gave me a laugh there, can't help to think that you are being serious. cherry rendeer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 12:01 am

Carbury are the biggest bunch of humpy bogmen.......
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 12:19 am

Yeh Fionn do you not live in the bog as well!!!.What are you getting at fionn
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:00 am

Tom Cruise were you at the game?, this not your first anti Moorefield jibe on this forum, fwiw I thought Darryl was rightly sent off for his second bookable offence as he rugby tackled the player to the ground right in front of the ref, but this very same ref blatantly ignored two similar rugby tackles on Paddy Murray and Kieran Kelly when both were baring down on goal, in both these incidences he allowed play to continue which enabled Portlaoise to break down field for a couple of scores, a four point swing, and considering there was only two points in it at the end, this referee imo had a massive influence on the final outcome of the game, and I've only pointed out two incidences, Portlaoise were the beneficiaries of some very lenient refereeing especially in the first 20 minutes or so, which allowed them to open up a little cushion which was enough to keep Moorefield at bay, although Moorefield made a valiant effort to rescue the game, on another day with a different ref we might well have got a different result.

I'm in agreement with ogie's post, while I don't condone abuse of referees, things are often said in the heat of the moment, six months does sound a bit extreme when compared to other similar offences.
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 4:19 am

I don't think the picture in this week's Kildare Post would do Daryl any favours though.....
Back to top Go down
Mooreman
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:19 am

I wouldnt gratify any of the shite spoken out of jealousy on here. with a reply.
The ASSiciation that I used to know and love is in a disgraceful state. Clubs, countyboards and indeed Natinoal level is full of people making decisions for themselves and not the good of the game. And I include my own club in this!

Heres hoping the appeal goes well, I wont hold my breath tho....
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 10:50 am

''The ASSiciation that I used to know and love is in a disgraceful state. Clubs, countyboards and indeed Natinoal level is full of people making decisions for themselves and not the good of the game''.

Mooreman I would agree completely, and it also applies to our politicians
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:46 am

JME wrote:
Why are bringing the Kildare v Laois game up, players involved in that all got suspensions and missed a lot of last years league, the Healy park row resulted in no suspensions after they were all overturned.

Which was my point, rules for one are not rules for the other.

Why did you bring up the dublin v tyrone game firstly ??? , after all , it has no similairities to what is happening with Dyarl flynn and the referee allegations in his report .

You brought up this healy park row which involved a number of players from both teams, so no comparison can be made with this incident as this happened on the field of play in full view of the country by TV , and Dyarl flynn incident which was in the confines under the stand , now in fairness !!

My comment in regards to the laois v kildare game was as flipant as you comparing the healy park row , both have no relevants in this incident

Its unfair that 6 months was handed out to dyarl flynn , remember i did agree with you and still do think its unjustly harsh to hand out 6 months to any player , without giving them the chance to defend themselves at a disiplinary hearing

Now to make a comparison seperately between the kildare v laois and tyrone v dublin game and its resulting consequences, I agree 100 % with your questioning of the refereeing and the rules applied in comparing both match incidents , yes the results in regard to discipline differ so vastly , that it makes a mockery of our rule book , so if this was the topic here , surprisingly i would have to agree with you ! it was a total farce
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:48 pm

Do we have to get into a discussion with you about everything when Dublin is mentioned, now I used the Omagh game as a representation that the rules are not enforced across the board because when you compare it to the Kildare v Laois game where a number of players from both sides served a ban as compared to no bans served for the Omagh game even though it was in plain view of the TV cameras.

The GAA disciplinary system is not equivilant across the organisation i.e a incident in one game or County is not treated the same in another.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:25 pm

| More
McGeeney hoping Flynn ban will be reduced

Kildare's Daryl Flynn
25 November 2010

Kieran McGeeney is keeping his fingers crossed that Kildare midfielder Daryl Flynn will have his six-month ban reduced.

Flynn is appealing the ban which was proposed by the Leinster CCC following an alleged altercation with referee Derek Fahy after Moorefield's defeat to Portlaoise in last month's AIB Leinster club football first round clash at O'Moore Park.

It is believed the altercation happened in the tunnel area after Flynn was sent off on a second yellow card in the closing stages.

"Six months is extreme, from what I gather Daryl did the right thing and left the field but the dressing rooms were locked," the Kildare manager said.

"You shouldn't say anything back to the referee, we all have to look at that kind of thing but at the same time you would hope that the suspension would be a fair reflection of what happened."

"from www.hoganstand.com"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:45 pm

The disgraceful thing about the potential ban is that he could miss 3 or 4 O'Byrne Cup games and 6 or 7 League Games.
Thats 10 or 11 intercounty games in what might only be a 13 or 14 game season.

You have had many other incidents of far more extreme nature withp players not missing any intercounty fixtures whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 9:57 pm

Anyone got any news on this ? Thought there was a hearing friday night ?
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 11:38 pm

Hope for common sense sake the ban on Flynn is overturned on appeal,, fair enough if a player squares up to a ref and strikes or pushes him around but if every player who let a referee know what he thought of his decisions by mouthing off at him was banned for six months the likes of Graham Geraghty would have never being allowed to play..
Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 2:43 am

[quote="peile"]Anyone got any news on this ? Thought there was a hearing friday night ?[/quote

Dont think there is anything happening till Daryl get back from Boston.Then he has to meet face to face with the cccc abcd fbi cia stazi mi5 interpol fsa and the Oireachtas to see what his fate is a public hanging or a firing squad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban   Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare Star Daryl Flynn Facing Six Month Ban
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next