Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Laois

Go down 
+51
Rex
Lily8
Westside
Lillydreams
onthewayup
overthebar
le hit in
Taibi
SeamusMurphy
kickingking
moatesports
kelf
murof
Cill Dara Mick
kildaregaa365
midfieldmaestro
bag of white
ohluckyme
Big Full Back
lobitin
Onhisboot
MD
johnsmyth
if_in_doubt
Shergar
jj
rob11
jim
clonmullin
flourman
Flamingo
inexile
lillyboy
LillieLad
topcat
Bad News Baba
Kildare98
Ohtoohtobe
TommyKeegan
shoeshine
lilywhites on tour
Lilywhite forever
walsheman
lilysavage
OutTheGap
Gaa1928
Ogie
milltownmary
KILL BILL
Jimmy winning matches
tomoneillandhissisteranne
55 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 10:03 pm

I'll certainly be hoping, come what may against Dublin, that we can beat Laois on June 6th but one thing I'll say for them - of all the Leinster teams they seem to me to be the one team at the moment who stick it to Dublin. Impossible to tell anything from the Carlow match.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 10:21 pm

kildare 5/6 draw 15/2 laois 6/5 with paddy power
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 9:37 am

Surprised at those odds fone .....not sure what they're based on beyond the league
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 9:45 am

I really fear the worst in this one, they are flying at the moment and are certain they will take us, and we have the spoofer in charge........
Back to top Go down
milltownmary
Intermediate
Intermediate

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 11:52 am

As bad as we were in the league we still beat them,they play a very simple system and depend on winning midfield. Avoid that battle with our own kick out and try breaking the ball on theirs and we will be okay. Beating carlow can't be described as flying, any senior club in Kildale would beat that lot
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 12:54 pm

We are ok.. Freddy says "we are far Superior".. nothing to worry about Wink

As for the Betting.. Laois are still a Div 2 side.. they have played a Match already, however tame, and if anything I would probably make Laois Favs.. They are strong in Midfield.. we are not.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 1:31 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
We are ok.. Freddy says "we are far Superior".. nothing to worry about Wink

As for the Betting.. Laois are still a Div 2 side.. they have played a Match already, however tame, and if anything I would probably make Laois Favs.. They are strong in Midfield.. we are not.

Those odds are mental. Based on history, not form.

Midfield is about more than a pair of course but this has been a problem for Kildare since Dermot went down in Croke Park against Meath in 2010. The subsequent period coincided with a horror run of injuries for Daryl Flynn and Kildare suddenly went from having one of the best, most athletic tandems in the country (perfectly suited to the modern midfield play that evolved as well) to mixing and matching. Someone has to go in there and many have. It is a huge area of concern.

Kildare will most certainly have to avoid kicking it down the middle but from the time they began introducing the short kickout in the last year or two of McGeeney's term (in response to the obvious difficulties) it has never worked - and cuased plenty of ire here, just as much as not winning aerial possession has!

Laois are favourites but marginally so.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 1:54 pm

I am not be pessimistic here but the first round of the qualifiers for scheduled for 20th and 27th June, if we lose are we in group '1A' ( 20 June ) or group '1B' ( 27 June).
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Kildare are Favs with PP.. Kildare 5/6. Laois 6/5. Draw 15/2.

As a betting Man, I will be avoiding this One.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 2:15 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:
I am not be pessimistic here but the first round of the qualifiers for scheduled for 20th and 27th June, if we lose are we in group '1A' ( 20 June ) or group '1B' ( 27 June).  
If we lose we'll be in Group 1A. This means we can't get drawn against the likes of Tyrone, Donegal, Armagh, Derry and Down who are on the 'B' side of the draw in Ulster.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 2:20 pm

JohnnyC wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:
If we lose we'll be in Group 1A. This means we can't get drawn against the likes of Tyrone, Donegal, Armagh, Derry and Down who are on the 'B' side of the draw in Ulster.

Thanks JohnnyC, where can I find the groups.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 2:54 pm

The groups are here if you scroll through it:
http://www.the42.ie/gaa-hurling-football-championship-draw-1715553-Oct2014/

Group A:
Clare/Limerick/Cork
London/Roscommon/Sligo
Cavan/Monaghan/Fermanagh/Antrim
Offaly/Longford/Dublin/Laois/Carlow/Kildare

Group B:
Kerry/Waterford/Tipperary
Galway/Leitrim/Mayo
Derry/Down/Armagh/Donegal/Tyrone
Louth/Westmeath/Wexford/Wicklow/Meath
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 3:42 pm

I agree, Ogie, history not form behind the betting figures
Back to top Go down

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 8:07 pm

Regardless of Laois result of we don't make it to at the very least a Round 4 qualifier then this year will be an unequivocal disaster.
Looking at the grouping you take out Cork Dubs Rossies and Monaghan who will all bar major shocks make provincial finals we only have to negotiate our way through the mediocrity of what's left.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 10:57 pm

Well for all you drama queens bemoaning state of Kildare football and who give us feck all chance of beating powder pissers; you can make a tidy profit on backing Laois as underdogs.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 11:08 pm

Kildare will win this game,look forward to nearly doubling my money on them
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 3:17 pm

Hope You are right..
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 12:59 am

I'd put a few quid on us winning Leinster lads. Ryan has a plan. #Believe
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 10:47 pm

I am worried about this one. We haven't seen any passion at all and I feel it is too late for it to arrive now. Although I would love to be pleasantly surprised.
Talking to some laois folk over the last few days. Laois very confident of winning..........I just hope the players disprove all of the write offs and come out all guns blazing. But I just don't see it. The way we looked so flat against galway when there was still plenty of time left to turn things around. In general our flat performances and capitulations under any sort of pressure just do not give any hope. As i said I really hope they prove me wrong, and of course I will be going to offer my support. I hope many will turn out to help raise the spirits!
Also It is very understandable that the younglads are going to travel for the summer, but on a point of strength in unity and strength in numbers, Daniel Flynns decision leaves a lot to be desired. I respect his decision to go when he is cutting his losses in the sense that whats the point in hanging around for a few (if we manage to win one or two) games, but it has to be said that its all good playing when the going is good but to just up and move when we are at our lowest on this downward spiral is a bit rich to say the least. Its times like this that the big guns (and lets face it flynn is pure class) are needed most. Obviously I wish him the best but still if we are to make any attempt of an assault on the championship and have any chance we need the leaders and flynn is central for what he can bring to Kildare and to any game.
Back to top Go down
shoeshine
Junior A
Junior A
shoeshine

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 1:35 am

Lads and Lassies forget about who's gone. We still have a squad of men who want to play for Kildare. Lets give them our support. It's not going to be easy but what to f**k. There is such potential in this county to go forward and be great again. Div 3 next year is our faith. We'll win it and come back. As for those that think the USA is the answer well good look to them. Not a surprise. We have to stick with the boys who will and have taken the flak. Kildare abu.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 2:33 am

shoeshine wrote:
Lads and Lassies forget about who's gone. We still have a squad of men who want to play for Kildare. Lets give them our support. It's not going to be easy but what to f**k. There is such potential in this county to go forward and be great again. Div 3 next year is our faith. We'll win it and come back. As for those that think the USA is the answer well good look to them. Not a surprise. We have to stick with the boys who will and have taken the flak. Kildare abu.

Yes, there's loads of potential. None of it is realised from board level down, so let's no cheer, let's actually be annoyed so things change?
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 11:50 am

You call us drama queens and your name is Lily Savage?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 6:57 pm

where kildare in fota island last weekend
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 9:10 pm

fone wrote:
where kildare in  fota island   last weekend

http://www.sportsfile.com/more-images/1505183/5000/

So Mark Sherry and David Fitzpatrick have been added to the panel.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 6:09 am

Should we be concerned that there's only one keeper in those photos?
Anyone know who the sub keeper for championship is going to be?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Laois
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next