Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Laois

Go down 
+35
steviegenius
kildare12
flourman
kelf
TommyKeegan
jimmers
Borderline
stanley
OutTheGap
dabuckleys
moatesports
Onhisboot
Radley Park
Taibi
Gaa1928
milltownmary
Xavi
kickingking
Lily8
jim
hawker
lilywhites on tour
White Bridge
shoutitout
LillieLad
murof
Lillydreams
topcat
Flamingo
Bad News Baba
kildaregaa365
lillyboy
Jimmy winning matches
SeamusMurphy
tomoneillandhissisteranne
39 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 5:46 am

well someone better start the thread Smile Whatever about the importance of the points, local honour is at stake
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 5:58 am

Did You have to tomo.. Dreading Loosing this One. No Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 6:09 am

lets hope most laois team get injured on sunday
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 11:18 am

apparently no appetite for this one.........................
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 7:49 pm

Improvement will only come from learning from the mistakes we're making both on and off the field. Team selection has to reflect what's happening in matches and changes are needed. Laois were very good on closing down Dublin kick outs last year for 40 mins and will do the same against us so we'll have to vary our strategy of going short all the time. I'm sure confidence is low but we either sink or swim now so this will be a great challenge both individually and collectively
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 8:01 pm

If I recall Laois are huge around the middle (as am I but that's a different story !).. I hope Moolick is available to start and we might have to throw Lynch in there just for a bit of height, although he's been really off form and seems to have slowed down even more this season.

I'm convinced we need to go back to a sweeper system - is Murnaghan fit at all?

Without Doyle, Callaghan and O'Neill changes have to be dramatic enough anyway but if all available I'd go with:

Donnellan

Fitzpatrick
Kelly
O'Grady

Murnaghan

P Cribbin
Conway
Cian O'Donoghue

Moolick
Flynn

O'Flaherty
Kelly
Bolton

Smith
Fogarty

Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 8:04 pm

(Although I guess Nialler may be held back due to the u-21 final the following Thursday?). We seem to be the only county wrapping our u-21s in cotton wool mind you.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 9:54 pm

Niall is playing great stuff at the moment. It's no coincidence that he has been mainly left the U21's and his football has flourished. I would not let Ryan near him until the U21's are finished.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 10:41 pm

Crofter normally I think your teams are not too far off at all but P Cribbin wing back just doesn't suut him and takes away from his game. I think the same about Jeith who could be a hard working scoring wing forward with a bit more confidence instilled. If swap Bolton for Paul there and if Kelly isn't there put Keith on the other wing with Flats in the middle.
Moolick needs a game and I like Murnaghan if he's ready.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 11:02 pm

John O Loughlin and Brendan Quigley are a very formidable Mid Field pairing, and if we dont at least break even in the middle, we're in bother.. Again I ask, should Kelly and Hylo not be available ?.. I appreciate there are many reasons why they should'nt, but the Laois Game could be the difference between Div 2 and 3 next Year.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 11:11 pm

I would go for the below

Donnellan

Fitzpatrick
O Grady
Lyons

Murno
Fergal Conway
Bolton

Moolick
Paul Cribben

Keith Cribben
Flats
Dan Flynn

Niall Kelly
Alan Smith
Podge Fogarty
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 11:14 pm

TC, Kelly or Hylo wont be available.
Back to top Go down
Lillydreams
Junior A
Junior A

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 10:29 am

I like the idea of murnaghan playing as a sweeper, seems to read the game very well for moorefield, gets on the ball, AND CRUCIALLY makes correct decisions when he has it
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 2:38 am

galway 0-10 laois 2- 10 galway never scored in 2 half and galway finish with 14 men laois now on 5 points kildare hopes fading fast
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 2:48 am

Have to win two games in a row but we knew that anyway. On a slightly positive note it brings Galway right into the mix on 4 pts. And they are away to Roscommon next week. So if we did beat Laois next week a win in Galway the following week would put us ahead of them on head to head. Westmeath meanwhile are away to Cavan and home to Rossies and may struggle to add to their current 4 point total.

If one has an optimistic outlook two wins could still do it for us if we get to 6 points.

Laois are on quite a roll, however, so it's hard to be optimistic about next week. (Checking cancellation policy on hotel in Galway for Easter!)
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 2:50 am

Actually Laois could still finish on 5 also, particularly in the scenario where we beat them as they go to Down in their final game. Let's just win on Sat night and see where it takes us!
Back to top Go down

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 3:05 am

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest we'll win any of our remaining games. We couldn't win 1 home game.

The final nail in our coffin will be an embarrassing defeat to Laois next week. A team we steam rolled at ease under our previous more fit for purpose manager
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 4:19 am

Yeah but the very essence if being a fan is the innate optimism that things might just turn... I'd rather retain some of that Freddie while respecting your right to remain a miserable barsteward. No doubt you'll be proven right though.. I wouldn't bother attending.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 4:45 am

lets hope its notting like defeat laois gave us 2005 on saturday night
Back to top Go down

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 7:32 am

That's not the very essence of being a fan Crofter. That's just burying your head in the sand as to what is playing out in front of you.

There is no black or white in sport, no one knows how its going to pan out. Things could turn but its very unlikely. I'm basing this on our form, fitness, body language and demeanor, hunger/desire and of course not leaving out the sideline.

So far we've beaten a 14 man Cavan, at that we kept them in the game right up to almost the last minute.

Other than that if we're calling it as we see it our league has been a complete farce. We lost at home to Westmeath, Down and Roscommon. 2 quite convincingly and Down was a continuation of a trend under Ryan.

We travel to Laois who have beaten a team we've failed to beat and have 5 points after defeating Galway in Tuam. Absolutely nothing suggests we'll get anything there. We will get nothing in Galway, that is a fact.

We are going down and Sligo, Clare, Limerick and Wexford will be visited 2 years after league games under lights in Croker. 3 years after reaching a league Semi Final.

It unbelievable how quick and easy the wheels can fall off when they are put on by monkeys.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 7:38 am

Fair play to Laois for turning it around in recent weeks. Their manager would be regarded as a journey man by many in Kildare and had a difficult time to arrest the damage done by McNulty.
Its a while since they beat us in the league I think. I remember playing them in the final league match in 2010 when we both had bad campaigns. They beat us rather easily that night and Dermot Earley injured his knee badly. I wonder who our manager was that night!!!
We came close to reaching an AI final a few months later. Couldn't happen again could it Shocked
Back to top Go down

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 8:11 am

We won 3 out of 4 home games that year. When you lose all your home games to poor or questionable opposition in Div 2 and end up getting relegated the chances of you reaching a Leinster Semi let alone an All Ireland final is very much stacked against you.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 9:06 am

who kildare missing for saturday night
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 9:21 am

Fone they're missing O'Neill (abroad), Callaghan and Doyle (suspended), presumably Hylo and Kelly (under-21s) and not sure about Lynch and Kelly's injuries or C McNally for that matter.

Freddie I started watching Kildare in 1978 and for the first 12 years we were completely useless before getting competitive under Micko and eventually reaching the promised land in '98. I never expected that as I thought we could never be good enough even to win a Leinster. That, and following Leeds United through a miserable decade in Div 2 in the '80's only to be pleasantly shocked by the speed with which Howard Wilkinson took us to a League title in '92, have taught me that sport is full of surprises and you never know when your fortunes will take an upward turn. If you read my posts I am staunchly against Ryan retaining his position, was robustly supportive of McGeeney, and am thoroughly dismayed that we are in this position.

But I don't know why you'd even bother with a team or a sport if it made you as miserable and one-dimensional as it seems to make you.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 9:35 am

mc nally played for jtb yesterday kelly should be fit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Laois
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next