Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Laois

Go down 
+67
Gaffer
daracill
kildare101
Flamingo
SquareBall
lilly-exile
tpos
centreback
murof
Yellow Pearl
KILL BILL
Ogie
Ohtoohtobe
batman
racer
Pure White
lily
Bān go Lēir
tomcruise
parcel
jj
Frankel
Tommycastled
lilypremier
shoutitout
fargo
stanley
Derfil
Sam1928
lilywhites on tour
Admin3
Come on the Boys in Blue
ChopperDalton
Rex
SamMaguire
FearBan
steviegenius
if_in_doubt
Lily8
wingback
Loads of Pints
abl
walsheman
flourman
standhimup
peile
bag of white
midfieldmaestro
Could'nt Trap Cement
MD
overthebar
Jimmy winning matches
Taibi
naked-lilly
kildaregaa365
carburyman
Bad News Baba
carra2323
Stonecold
kickingking
bob12
Fear An Geata
Highball
kartman
White Bridge
mrblobby
tomoneillandhissisteranne
71 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:07 pm

Well, if ever there was a match that should inspire a recommitment from fans and continued commitment from the players it has to be this one.
Laois away - but just down the road - the possibility of a resurrection and a place against Roscommon/Mayo/Wexford/Donegal/Derry/Cork or Kerry in the next round.
The local derby - the recent tradition - the possibility of drawing one of the big ones or of drawing the likes of Roscommon...........the possibilities open up...... the summer isn't over.....far from it.
Back to top Go down
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:14 pm

Recommitment from the fans..... rethink that statement anyway!! Never been in doubt.

Commitment of the players is flawless, but the one major flaw is our shot selection. If we don't start working on our shot selection we are in dire trouble. Its almost like a shoot on sight policy. If you're inside the 45 shoot! Doesn't matter who you are or which way you're facing.... shoot. It doesn't and never has worked!

Please God the lads can get their heads back up for Laoise or our 'Great Year' prospects will be down the swanny and the pressure will be heaped higher on the Geezer!
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:57 pm

My point was that we need the fans there in the numbers - now is the time not to lose faith. I'd worry that people will drift away - that's exactly what the team doesn't need. I'm probably trying to find a way forward - to rediscover hope after yesterday. Sad
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:45 pm

tom - we'd have another game before we can draw any of that lot........against the other Round 2 winners
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:53 pm

Yeah will prob be one of tyrone,offaly/limerick,down,armagh,meath/galway,waterford/london,antrim.

Some tough draws there!
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 11:43 pm

Yes correct, if we win against laois, there is still 2 more wins before a quarter final spot. 6 more wins and we have the AI in the bag Smile
Back to top Go down

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 11:50 pm

I reckon it will be Tyrone,Limerick,Down,Armagh,Meath,London,Antrim.

I'd fear none of them to be honest if we were to beat Laois. its what championship football is all about.

I actually Love the qualifiers.
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 2:29 am

Point taken White Bridge - I was getting ahead of myself Embarassed .
Down at home! London away!
Don't think we can have Meath again at that point, can we?
Anyway............first things first - Leix!
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 3:00 am

tomoneillandhissisteranne wrote:
Point taken White Bridge - I was getting ahead of myself Embarassed .
Down at home! London away!
Don't think we can have Meath again at that point, can we?
Anyway............first things first - Leix!

Ger Canning said last night before the draw that there were no ties that couldn't happen, which I presume means we could have been facing Meath or Wicklow again. Must be a new rule.

I thought the format for drawing home or away was a farce. Putting two teams into a third bowl and selecting one to have the home draw. Now unless the gent that picked that one out was stupid he could easily decide if it was going to be the team from pot A or pot B who had the home draw. All he had to do was put his hand on the relevant cannister, push it around the bowl twice and then pick it out. Who comes up with these ideas ? A child could devise a better system.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 3:16 am

Seems all provincal semi losers are away GAA needs to review this is a load of s### punished for progressing
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 3:19 am

Will Chalky, Ollie & Flynn be fit to start this match?
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 3:26 am

This match, along with Laois, will be our 4th match..............

So far this year Kerry & Cork have played 2 mickey mouse matches each, Galway have played 1 and are at the same stage as us.........
Back to top Go down
carra2323
Intermediate
Intermediate

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 4:07 am

I'd go with this team for the Laois game.
Connolly, McLoughlin, Foley, McGrillan, M. OFlaherty,
Whyte, Bolton, Flynn, Lynch, Callaghan, Conway, E. O'Flats, Doyle, Kelly, Kavanagh.

I think that's our best 6 forwards on paper, and with the likes of Dowling & O'Connor we can change things depending on what we need.

Hopefully we can show some bouncebackability against Laois!
C'mon the lillies!
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 4:55 am

What about Darroch Mulhall for free duty.
Any time I've seen him he was pretty accurate with his efforts, plus his overall game is very good. He is moving well with the Juniors and could be worth 3-5 points a game if he kicked a good percentage of frees. He's older than Hurley who was given a run.
May be worth a try in training.
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:05 am

dont think we can play meath again..
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:38 am

Surely if we could have drawn Meath in Rd 2 there's no reason we couldn't draw them in Rd 3 ?

Love the look of that team carra, only possible change would be Smith for Conway but like you I'd be inclined to give Conway his head now. Gives us an option for the frees as well (left footer with free-taking experience)
Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 8:16 am

spartacus wrote:
What about Darroch Mulhall for free duty.
Any time I've seen him he was pretty accurate with his efforts, plus his overall game is very good. He is moving well with the Juniors and could be worth 3-5 points a game if he kicked a good percentage of frees. He's older than Hurley who was given a run.
May be worth a try in training.

id think ciaran kelly would be ahead of mulhall in the pecking order based on what ive seen! but ive only seen them play 3 times maybe tbh!
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 8:28 am

Just to say Mikey Conway is actually not a great free taker as good as he is, and I know he doesnt like taking frees, he doesnt even take them for his club when he plays for them.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 8:30 am

heard fionn had great game for suncroft other night and cribben is playing jtb after his grion injury
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 8:39 am

Taibi wrote:
Just to say Mikey Conway is actually not a great free taker as good as he is, and I know he doesnt like taking frees, he doesnt even take them for his club when he plays for them.

Fair enough Taibi. I don't get to see club games as I live outside the county, only get to the Kildare games. Who would you put on free kick duty from the right then ?
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 8:47 am

i was at junior training tonight and conway, flynn, d white, mollick and cribbin were moving well in a game between junior panel players and some senior players who are coming back from injury. hopefully this game time will bring on these players for the laois game.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:37 am

I honestly hope Flynn is back for the game. JD has been class in the middle but we need that class up front. I'd love to see Mikey conway back and also Rob kelly is a must for full forward in my eyes after yesterday. Fionn Dowling I would also give a chance to he has that bit of class. I would go for:

Connolly

Mac Foley Mcgrllen

Chalky Morgan Flats Bolton

Flynn Hughie

Eoghan O Flats Conway Leper

JD Kelly Jimmers/Dowling
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:36 am

Crofter wrote:
Taibi wrote:

Fair enough Taibi. I don't get to see club games as I live outside the county, only get to the Kildare games. Who would you put on free kick duty from the right then ?
Well James Kavanagh is a decent free taker but i'd like to see JD taking them again.

We tend not to get too many handy close in frees because we are not a running team in attack so its hard to draw free, we have a shoot on sight policly.

Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:15 pm

Rob kelly should start and doyle moved to the fowards if flynn is fit imo!
Back to top Go down
midfieldmaestro
Senior
Senior
midfieldmaestro

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:27 pm

I'd go for a team of

Connolly

Mac Foley Mcgrllen

Chalky Morgan Flats Bolton

Flynn Lynch

Eoghan Flats JD Kelly

Callaghan Kavanagh Smith

Think it's time to go back to using Callaghan as a sweeper like we did last year and leave a two man full forward line of Kavanagh and Smith (maybe swapping JD and Kelly in here at times).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kildare v Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Laois
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next