Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Laois

Go down 
+67
Gaffer
daracill
kildare101
Flamingo
SquareBall
lilly-exile
tpos
centreback
murof
Yellow Pearl
KILL BILL
Ogie
Ohtoohtobe
batman
racer
Pure White
lily
Bān go Lēir
tomcruise
parcel
jj
Frankel
Tommycastled
lilypremier
shoutitout
fargo
stanley
Derfil
Sam1928
lilywhites on tour
Admin3
Come on the Boys in Blue
ChopperDalton
Rex
SamMaguire
FearBan
steviegenius
if_in_doubt
Lily8
wingback
Loads of Pints
abl
walsheman
flourman
standhimup
peile
bag of white
midfieldmaestro
Could'nt Trap Cement
MD
overthebar
Jimmy winning matches
Taibi
naked-lilly
kildaregaa365
carburyman
Bad News Baba
carra2323
Stonecold
kickingking
bob12
Fear An Geata
Highball
kartman
White Bridge
mrblobby
tomoneillandhissisteranne
71 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

Kildare v Laois - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 11:05 pm

Where just a second half team it makes little sense why we are so poor in the first half but seems to just the way it is , on the brightside once we stay somewhat competitive on the first half scoreline then we can beat any team around
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 11:28 pm

Kildarecat, just enjoy it. Don't be torturing yourself about the past. Onwards and upwards from here.

Marcus am I torturing myself or are Kildare torturing me?, lets be honest if you were Kildare fan yesterday after 20 minutes it looked and felt like been locked in a cell watching the remake of "Arthur" starring Russel Brand, I watched 15 minutes of the movie and if I had a gun I would probably have pulled the trigger, does anyone find this psuedo intellectual tosser funny as for that voice...?

Back to football, yes onwards and upwards, lets have a bit more consistency, as stonecold says the penalty pulled us back into the game and we didn't really look back after that, wthout ever looking entirely convincing until Laois threw in the towel.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 11:52 pm

kildarecat wrote:
Kildarecat, just enjoy it. Don't be torturing yourself about the past. Onwards and upwards from here.

Marcus am I torturing myself or are Kildare torturing me?, lets be honest if you were Kildare fan yesterday after 20 minutes it looked and felt like been locked in a cell watching the remake of "Arthur" starring Russel Brand, I watched 15 minutes of the movie and if I had a gun I would probably have pulled the trigger, does anyone find this psuedo intellectual tosser funny as for that voice...?

Back to football, yes onwards and upwards, lets have a bit more consistency, as stonecold says the penalty pulled us back into the game and we didn't really look back after that, wthout ever looking entirely convincing until Laois threw in the towel.

If that's torture, and the way this Kildare has consistently done that in the past three and a half years is torture, I'd hate to have seen ye in the years between 2004 and 2007
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 11:56 pm

bob12 wrote:
kildare101 wrote:
Very positive second half but I have no doubt there will be changes for whoever we play the next day.
McLaughlin in the corner most under threat as he gives away silly frees at crucial times.
My man of the match would have been Leper. He won a serious amount of breaking ball and distribution was A1.

Jesus be positive Mac was good today thought he kept tierny queit

Mac conceded one admittedly very silly free that I can recall and saw Tierney off the park early. Was outstanding imo.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 1:03 am

They day after the night before, I'm still delighted. Not for the win though but for the lads themselves. They are far too dedicated to the cause and themselves not to get something out of their hard work.
I dearly hope they get the reward for their dedication.

KC, I agree with some of what you said, the first 20 were not great but we did miss at least three easy points. Fionn missed a few but he can be forgiven as he was probably very nervous.
I'm getting used to the slow starts because the defence this year is so good that no team looks like getting a run on us putting them out of sight. Every team we play now knows that unless they are five or six points up going into the final 20 mins they are in trouble. Mentally that is huge.

That brings me onto Hank, not in a million Sundays would I move him and disturb the back six. They are a serious unit now. In the games we have played this year the second have conceded totals have been 0-1, 0-3, 0-5, 0-4, that is phenomenal.

When all is said and done we should just enjoy these wins when they come. The job is to get back into Croke park in August then all bets are off.

Forgot to add, the Ref was very good yesterday. totally opposite to Reilly. Fair dues to him.
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 4:27 am

By God........................ that was close................................ pale
Back to top Go down
carra2323
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:49 am

Great win last night. And all this without Flynn, Early, Peter Kelly & until yesterday Conway. 4 players that would get into most teams in the country. I think the defence have been unreal 1-37 conceded in 4 games.

I think the forwards are beginning to settle too, different lads stepping up each day not just relying on JD for all the scores. Dowling shows well for the ball and think it's only a matter of time b4 he starts scoring heavily.

Looking forward to navan next week.
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:20 am

Well done to all the lads great win yesterday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
batman
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:17 am

Best defence in the country at this present moment? can't be far off
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:19 pm

Well done to all the lads on a big win. As I wrote last week the full forward line deserved their chance and by God did they take it.
The big plus for me this year is we now have a squad of players to choose from and not just a good 15. No player ever likes to be on the bench but these lads now know they are just a piece of the bigger picture. When Rob Kelly was called off on Saturday he had just set up Fionn for his point and was playing well but still he had a chat with Jimmers about his marker and jogged off. How many players would have looked at their manager and stormed off shaking their head. These lads are all playing for each other and that makes them very hard to beat.

As for the question about why we are a better team in the second have? Geezer is still trying to work that one out. If he finds the answer we will lift the SAM.

Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:29 pm

shoutitout wrote:
Well done to all the lads on a big win. As I wrote last week the full forward line deserved their chance and by God did they take it.
The big plus for me this year is we now have a squad of players to choose from and not just a good 15. No player ever likes to be on the bench but these lads now know they are just a piece of the bigger picture. When Rob Kelly was called off on Saturday he had just set up Fionn for his point and was playing well but still he had a chat with Jimmers about his marker and jogged off. How many players would have looked at their manager and stormed off shaking their head. These lads are all playing for each other and that makes them very hard to beat.As for the question about why we are a better team in the second have? Geezer is still trying to work that one out. If he finds the answer we will lift the SAM.

Thought the exact same thing at the time, the team spirit is unreal, no ego's. If I was going into battle this morning I would want these 30 guys on my side.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:45 pm

Lads for anyone that was calling for JD to be moved back to the forward line I would ask them to have a look at the TV3 player and watch the highlights of the match.

The amount of Ball he won around the middle is unreal. He has one serious engine on him.

There is no way he should be moved back to the full forward line where it would be much easier to isolate him out of a game.

Whilst he is playing midfield he is still scoring in every game.

J Doyle 1-4 (1-0 pen, 0-4fs); H Lynch 0-3(1f); J Kavanagh 1-1; T O'Connor 1-0; P O'Neill, E O'Flaherty(1 45) 0-2 each; E Callaghan, F Dowling, O Lyons, B Flanagan 0-1 each
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:00 pm

I don't remember Flanno scoring - was that not Scanlon?
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:01 pm

fionnmccool wrote:

J Doyle 1-4 (1-0 pen, 0-4fs); H Lynch 0-3(1f); J Kavanagh 1-1; T O'Connor 1-0; P O'Neill, E O'Flaherty(1 45) 0-2 each; E Callaghan, F Dowling, O Lyons, B Flanagan 0-1 each

Lets give Mark Scanlon his point Fionn, I doubt he has got too many in the past so I think he deserves this one
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:22 pm

Great to see the lads bounce back so well from the Dublin game. Listening to some of the interviews on KFM after the game and you can tell how determined they are to get back to where they were last year. Nobody feeling too down after the Dublin game, just itching to go out and put a run together in the back door. Lynch and Kavanagh talking about the challenge for starting places and the intensity of training says it all, this panel are all there to fight for each other regardless of who gets to start and who's left on the bench, the attitude and commitment is second to none, and the atmosphere around the team seems to be that of a club not a county team.

A win against Meath and then no reason to fear Derry or Donegal.
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:35 pm

shoutitout wrote:
The big plus for me this year is we now have a squad of players to choose from and not just a good 15. No player ever likes to be on the bench but these lads now know they are just a piece of the bigger picture. When Rob Kelly was called off on Saturday he had just set up Fionn for his point and was playing well but still he had a chat with Jimmers about his marker and jogged off. How many players would have looked at their manager and stormed off shaking their head. These lads are all playing for each other and that makes them very hard to beat.

As for the question about why we are a better team in the second have? Geezer is still trying to work that one out. If he finds the answer we will lift the SAM.

I agree 100% plenty around me were questioning why he was taken off when he was but he was very professional. I'm sure he wasn't happy to be called ashore but he put the team first.

This is a team we can be very proud of.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:10 pm

Shooting still an issue for McGeeney
11 July 2011

Kieran McGeeney believes that Kildare still need to improve on their shooting, despite racking up 3-16 against Laois in Saturday's All-Ireland SFC qualifier at Portlaoise.

The win saw the Lilywhites record their 10th successive qualifier win under McGeeney, who watched from the sidelines at O'Moore Park as his side shot 19 scores from 34 opportunities over the 70 minutes.

"I still think we play well in the first-half but we don't shoot well in the first-half," McGeeney said afterwards.

"We get a lot of possession. We did some great movement in the first-half and we didn't take our shots for points. Our goals were great and you always want that. Tom (O'Connor) was very good inside but we could have had another six or seven points on the board."

The Armagh man, who started a new-look full-forward line for the game, said that he feels his side are progressing well as they bid to go one better than last season's narrow All-Ireland semi-final defeat to Down.

"We're getting there bit by bit but it always takes different things," he said.

"Three fellas came in today and fellas were shocked about it. We look at things six days a week and we base decisions on that.

"People who stand up and play well in training, you give them a chance. Sometimes they do it in a game, sometimes they don't. People wonder why they play and why they don't but, believe it or not, we try to pick a team that wins rather than one that loses."
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:29 pm

if_in_doubt wrote:
Shooting still an issue for McGeeney
11 July 2011

Kieran McGeeney believes that Kildare still need to improve on their shooting, despite racking up 3-16 against Laois in Saturday's All-Ireland SFC qualifier at Portlaoise.

The win saw the Lilywhites record their 10th successive qualifier win under McGeeney, who watched from the sidelines at O'Moore Park as his side shot 19 scores from 34 opportunities over the 70 minutes.

"I still think we play well in the first-half but we don't shoot well in the first-half," McGeeney said afterwards.

"We get a lot of possession. We did some great movement in the first-half and we didn't take our shots for points. Our goals were great and you always want that. Tom (O'Connor) was very good inside but we could have had another six or seven points on the board."

The Armagh man, who started a new-look full-forward line for the game, said that he feels his side are progressing well as they bid to go one better than last season's narrow All-Ireland semi-final defeat to Down.

"We're getting there bit by bit but it always takes different things," he said.

"Three fellas came in today and fellas were shocked about it. We look at things six days a week and we base decisions on that.

"People who stand up and play well in training, you give them a chance. Sometimes they do it in a game, sometimes they don't. People wonder why they play and why they don't but, believe it or not, we try to pick a team that wins rather than one that loses."

Good man Geezer. Keep the media analysts focused on the wides. Regardless of scoring 3-16!! afro
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 11:24 pm

Excellent performance, particularly second half, we should have had more scores on the board in 1st half, At halftime I thought we were going to struggle as Laois seemed to be getting on top in the aerial battle at midfield but Hugh Lynch was immense in the 2nd half, catching and breaking ball and 3 massive points, O'Connor was man of match for me , closely followed by Lynch and Mick Foley. Really looking forward to invading Navan next saturday.
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 2:20 am

Best laugh I had all day was on the Irish Examiner site - unfortunately it won't paste here - a Beef Wrap ad in the middle of a piece on yet another Wooly Parkinson tweet

COLM PARKINSON at least gave Justin McNulty some levity in what was an otherwise earnest situation.

a d v e r t i s e m e n t
FOR MACDONALD'S BEEF WRAPS - appropriate given the Wooly tweet

Following Laois’ heavy defeat, the 2003 Leinster medallist, who was on the panel earlier in the season, tweeted: "Laois were a disgrace..Mcnulty has to go....only a league manager, won’t pick Portlaoise lads....enough said."

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/laois-boss-mcnulty-accepts-the-brickbats-160657.html#ixzz1RoIAfcix
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 4:19 am

I hope Parkinson enjoyed Christy Moore!! Very Happy

The music festival came to a rousing end when local man Christy Moore came on stage with headliners Coldplay.

Coldplay surprised the Punchestown crowd at the end of their set at Oxegen last night when they invited folk legend Christy Moore on stage to perform with them.

The band played Moore's evocative 1984 Jimmy McCarthy penned Ride On with him, to the enthralled 60,000 crowd. Singer Chris Martin described Moore as a hero of the band when he brought him on stage.

Moore had posted on his website earlier in the day: "Coldplay have invited me to sing a song with them in my native place. These are the fields I roamed as a boy. Just had a rehearsal with Will, Chris, Jonny and Guy. We had such a nice time that we rehearsed the song twice! I welcome Coldplay to the Short Grass County. May their spirit and generosity stay with us as they continue on their way."

Moore who has never performed at Oxygen had played to 500 people in Lisdoonvanra the previous night.

This morning he posted:” that was a grand outing".

Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 7:21 pm

Poor Justin McNulty.He sure has some job on his hands with that shower.But if anyone will knock them into shape , it will be him. Liked his brutal honesty after the game.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 11:01 pm

All of the managers' reactions are in the first article along with reference to Johnny slagging off Mac over The Free. This is a happy camp. The second one is a more comprehensive match report.

http://www.daraghoconchuir.ie/blog.php?id=1224

http://www.daraghoconchuir.ie/blog.php?id=1218
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Laois
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11