Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Laois

Go down 
+67
Gaffer
daracill
kildare101
Flamingo
SquareBall
lilly-exile
tpos
centreback
murof
Yellow Pearl
KILL BILL
Ogie
Ohtoohtobe
batman
racer
Pure White
lily
Bān go Lēir
tomcruise
parcel
jj
Frankel
Tommycastled
lilypremier
shoutitout
fargo
stanley
Derfil
Sam1928
lilywhites on tour
Admin3
Come on the Boys in Blue
ChopperDalton
Rex
SamMaguire
FearBan
steviegenius
if_in_doubt
Lily8
wingback
Loads of Pints
abl
walsheman
flourman
standhimup
peile
bag of white
midfieldmaestro
Could'nt Trap Cement
MD
overthebar
Jimmy winning matches
Taibi
naked-lilly
kildaregaa365
carburyman
Bad News Baba
carra2323
Stonecold
kickingking
bob12
Fear An Geata
Highball
kartman
White Bridge
mrblobby
tomoneillandhissisteranne
71 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:08 pm

midfieldmaestro wrote:
I'd go for a team of

Connolly

Mac Foley Mcgrllen

Chalky Morgan Flats Bolton

Flynn Lynch

Eoghan Flats JD Kelly

Callaghan Kavanagh Smith

Think it's time to go back to using Callaghan as a sweeper
like we did last year and leave a two man full forward line of Kavanagh and Smith (maybe swapping JD and Kelly in here at times).

I'd prefer to see Callaghan in the forwards as he is one of our main scoring threats. Jimmers hasn't recaptured his form from last year and although I think he might have been carrying an injury Smith struggled against the Dubs.

Perhaps it's time to give Dowling or Fogarty a shot in the corner? We know they have the talent and they'll have to be thrown in to championship action at some stage.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:19 pm

Connolly
McLoughlin
Foley
McGrillen
White (Lyons if he's not fit, Flanagan if Ollie isn't fit)
M O'Flaherty
Bolton
Flynn (Brophy if he's not fit)
Lynch
Callaghan
E O'Flaherty
Conway (if he plays well for the Juniors on Wednesday week. If not then give someone like Moolick, Dowling or Ciarán Kelly a chance)
Doyle (give him license to roam from the full-forward line)
Kelly (keep O'Connor in reserve as a plan b)
Kavanagh (two man full-forward line with Kelly. One of our most accurate players so keep him as close to goals as possible)
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:29 pm

Would like to see this team.
1Connolly.
2 mac
3.foley.
4 hank.
5 morgan.
6 white.
7 bolton.
8.lynch.
9 flynn(if not fit JD)
10.Leper.
11Flats
12(JD IF FLYNN IS FIT) paudie
13 smith.
14 kelly.
15 jimmers

Last edited by carburyman on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:13 pm

So Carburyman, if Flynn is fit you're dropping Johnny. Nice one !!!
Back to top Go down
standhimup
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:14 pm

carburyman why would you drop JD????
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:21 pm

Who said anything about droping Jd.Lads ye are not with it.Its there in black and white..
Peile you should have gone to specsavers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:53 pm

Yeah nice one Carburyman, we can all use the edit button.
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 12:53 am

Think this will be tought game,and a game we must win.These lads will be up for this one.
Will see tonight how they all are in training
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 1:56 am

a game we must win???
obviously!!
i think it will be very close,no derby game is easy,wont be helped being down in that hole either,still think we should prevail,nice to get flynn back for this one aswell!!
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:03 am

My team for Laois game

Conolly

Maclochlain Foley McGrillen

White Bolton M O' Flaherty

Flynn Lynch

Kavanagh E O' Flaherty Callaghan

Doyle Kelly Dowling
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 4:56 pm

Would be tough on O'Neill to lose out the next day - most of us would drop him it seems with Smith, Dowling and Conway fighting for the last spot on the team ( the only spot open to debate it seems??
). Thought Paudie did a power of work on Sunday but his kicking was off along with some others.
Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 7:33 pm

My team for Laois game

Conolly

Maclochlain Foley McGrillen

White Bolton M O' Flaherty

Flynn Lynch

E O' Flaherty P O Neill Callaghan

Doyle Kelly Dowling
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:07 pm

why is everybody picking dowling? surely if he was playing well intraining/challenge matches he would have been brought on by now? think smithy deserves another chance, the gameplan on sunday didnt suit him at all, he has shown his talent in games like this in the past and always plays well in portlaoise
Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:14 pm

When was the last time Smith played well for Kildare.People keep saying the Sweeney has got loads of chances to nail a spot for himself and hasnt took them which is true.Well the same applies to smithy over the last 2 years.He hasnt even got close to 2009 form.P o Neill played better on sunday than Smithy so if you go on geezers way of picking teams O Neill has to start and Fionn played well all during league with the exception of the donegal game.The only thing that probably went against Fionn up to now was that he had exams.He seemingly played very well for his club on saturday and plays the game with an eagerness that has been missing in our full foward line so far in the championship.But thats only my opinion on it and all i want is for us to beat them piss bags the next day so i can drive back throughc stradbally with flags flying and horn blowing
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:25 pm

against wicklow, in portlaoise only a few weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:28 pm

He was ok against Micklow no better than Tomas O Connor and he was dropped last sunday
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:47 pm

Loads of Pints wrote:
why is everybody picking dowling? surely if he was playing well intraining/challenge matches he would have been brought on by now?

I would have thought that too - however playing well in training is not the sole reason for being picked or Rob Kelly would have started against Meath and Dublin. Fionn was flying in training too before exams - and I would love to see him given a role against Laois along with Rob Kelly.

Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:07 pm

flourman wrote:
Loads of Pints wrote:
why is everybody picking dowling? surely if he was playing well intraining/challenge matches he would have been brought on by now?

I would have thought that too - however playing well in training is not the sole reason for being picked or Rob Kelly would have started against Meath and Dublin. Fionn was flying in training too before exams - and I would love to see him given a role against Laois along with Rob Kelly.

Just on Rob Kelly not starting.I would have definitely have picked him on front of Roli and Tomas but i was talking to somebody over the weekend and said that to them and they said the reason Roli and Tomas were being picked on front of Rob was that the other 2 were more team players and brought other players into the game.Rob does have a habbit of holding onto the ball a little long and not laying it off when he should like in the first half on sunday but i have no problem with that if he kicks points like he did in second half on sunday
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:13 pm

That could well be the case abl - but my belief is that a forward should be greedy - Kelly and O'Connor seem to be polar opposites, Rob maybe a bit trigger happy, whereas Thomas doesn't seem to know where the trigger is - the man rarely shoots.
Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:30 pm

Totally agree flourman .My attitude has always been if your in range shoot, dont pass the buck because more than likely that extra pass will mean you loose possession.I always preach to any team ive been involved in is to shhot when you have the chance as id rather a lad kick a wide than lay it off and you loose the ball.Rob Kelly would be my no.14 for the next game and every game after that up to and including the allireland final.Its time we played natural fowards in our fullfoward line
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:19 pm

abl wrote:
Totally agree flourman .My attitude has always been if your in range shoot, dont pass the buck because more than likely that extra pass will mean you loose possession.I always preach to any team ive been involved in is to shhot when you have the chance as id rather a lad kick a wide than lay it off and you loose the ball.Rob Kelly would be my no.14 for the next game and every game after that up to and including the allireland final.Its time we played natural fowards in our fullfoward line

Disagree, if the man outside you is in better space, then pass the ball off. Thats what I was always taught. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:54 pm

I take anything other than kicking the ball aimless into the opposition keeper like we spent most of last sunday doing!
Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 12:06 am

wingback wrote:
abl wrote:

Disagree, if the man outside you is in better space, then pass the ball off. Thats what I was always taught. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

IF he is in a better position ye but when you have a score for the taking and you pass just for the sake of passing thats wrong.Tomas O Connor had a chance to kick an easy point against Wicklow in the first half when the game was tight,but instead he took the easy option and looked to make a difficult pass to Smithy which the cornerback cut out and ended with Wicklow on the attack.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 12:19 am

Just on Dowling, I heard he's carrying an injury at the moment. Not 100% sure if it's true though.

Is Flynn going to be back on time for the Laois match? I think it'd be a big advantage if we could have him with Lynch in the middle and Doyle up front.

After watching Sunday's match again Padraig O'Neill was one of the best on it so it'd be hard to leave him off it for the next day I think.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 1:12 am

Proving Chalky and Flynn are fit to start I'd go with;

1. Connolly
2. Mac
3. Foley
4. McGrillen
5. Chalky
6. Morgan
7. Bolton
8. Flynn
9. Lynch
10. Callaghan
11. Eoghan O'Flaherty
12. O'Neill
13. Doyle
14. Kelly
15. Jimmers

It'll be a tough game but don't see any reason why we shouldn't be able to win it, Laois didn't put much up against Dublin, and despite hitting a big score at the weekend you'd have to fancy our defenders to give up less chances than Tipp did.

I'd agree with Carburyman and go with a two man full forward line of Kelly and Kavanagh, with young Flats and Doyle playing behind them, leaving Callaghan and O'Neill a bit close to midfield. Callaghan and Doyle will always roam from wherever they start so there could well be some rotation in terms of positions.

Quigley and O'Loughlin are a good midfield partnership, and Clancy is still a quality player so it'll be interesting to see if Flynn is thrown in there without any game time. Lynch was very impressive in the second half against Meath, and again on Sunday we won more than our fair share of ball in the middle. Flynn and himself look like they could compliment each other very well in there so hopefully they can get going in ten days.

I'd find it hard to leave O'Neill out after the way he's played all year, if he does miss out then it could be to any of Conway, O'Connor, Fogarty or Dowling, leaving Doyle or Callaghan dropping back closer to midfield for any of the latter three.

Big game, obvious as it is to say, but what better team for the lads to be playing to bounce back and start building some momentum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Laois
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next