Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Laois

Go down 
+67
Gaffer
daracill
kildare101
Flamingo
SquareBall
lilly-exile
tpos
centreback
murof
Yellow Pearl
KILL BILL
Ogie
Ohtoohtobe
batman
racer
Pure White
lily
Bān go Lēir
tomcruise
parcel
jj
Frankel
Tommycastled
lilypremier
shoutitout
fargo
stanley
Derfil
Sam1928
lilywhites on tour
Admin3
Come on the Boys in Blue
ChopperDalton
Rex
SamMaguire
FearBan
steviegenius
if_in_doubt
Lily8
wingback
Loads of Pints
abl
walsheman
flourman
standhimup
peile
bag of white
midfieldmaestro
Could'nt Trap Cement
MD
overthebar
Jimmy winning matches
Taibi
naked-lilly
kildaregaa365
carburyman
Bad News Baba
carra2323
Stonecold
kickingking
bob12
Fear An Geata
Highball
kartman
White Bridge
mrblobby
tomoneillandhissisteranne
71 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 10:23 am

Just home and thought I'd get a few things down before the buzz wears off.

Firstly, when I said we would win by 5 I of course meant 15.

If Kildare have no natural footballers then Laois just have no footballers full stop. The were dire and that's being kind.

However it was great to see our lads bounce back after the Dublin disappointment.
The whole team from 1-15 stepped up. For those questioning O'Connor he was immense. Hands like glue. If he could kick a point he would be our Donaghy.

Hughie Lynch started slowly but in the second half was majestic. Show me three better points this or any other year from a midfielder and I'll show you a liar. Unbelievable kicks.

J.D again was everywhere and Fionn never let his misses get to him, supreme confidence the lads has.

Mick Foley is playing as good as any full back in the Country. He must have big pockets because he has a lot of full forwards in there now.

Delighted for Mikey Conway, and Jimmers as I said was a great addition when things got loose.

Not one other county in that draw will want us, it would be nice to get a home draw but what will be will be. I fear none of them.

Great Kildare crowd down there tonight, it will be remembered for a while. It was nice thumping them in Tullamore, but to do it in their own back yard was very very nice.

Oh Parkinson how do those apples taste you absolute mong.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 10:32 am

Yea Foley's having a brilliant season alright. The full back line were all great tonight.
Brilliant to see such a big crowd at it.
Yea Parkinson's getting some amount of abuse on Twitter tonight.
Fingers crossed for a home draw tomorrow night.
We can't get Meath or Wicklow (if they beat Armagh) in the draw anyway or can we?
Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 10:47 am

I'd rather an away draw Think the pitch in Newbridge is too tight for this team. Great performance alright. Only downside is Laois are muck and we shouldn't get carried away. Our junior team would beat them.

We're improving all the time. Defo now have a top class Full Back and Full Forward which have been question marks over the last few years. Decent draw for the next round and we'll take a bit of stopping.
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 10:54 am

great win lads! so good to win down there, and it will be a boost to our confidence.
first half i was very worried, but from the off of the second half we were in total control!
Back to top Go down
Gaffer
Intermediate
Intermediate
Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 11:09 am

Great win, congratulations to all the lads, We are on the way back.Nobody will want to get us in the draw tomorrow night.Where are all the laois twitters gone, they look like real twits now, one taken off for playing poorly the other a failed footballer that reinvented himself as a real twit..
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 11:49 am

Great peformance after a sluggish start. I must say I didnt really rate TOC before tonight but christ was he good,kept us in the game first half. Second half was immense,Jimmers responded excellently to being dropped. Rob kelly was working hard. Half forward line is class,I think they are our best three there. Great to see Mikey back,some lovely touches. Mick Foley has been immense all season,the way he is playing he is in contention for an all star. Hope we get a nice tie,I'd like Waterford. Really looking good!
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 11:55 am

Waterford away would do nicely (Weekend away with the lads) - With regard to question who we get, we can draw anybody I think so it might be Meath or Wicklow
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 12:24 pm

No on Kfm they said we cannot draw meath or wicklow until quarter final stage(providing we reach it)
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 1:07 pm

Yahoo....super. Well done to all involved, a great performance.

No team in the country will want to meet the lilies next week, we should fear no-one.
Back to top Go down
armagh4sam
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 4:51 pm

Howarya lads? Long time no post!

It's all getting a bit familiar here, Kildare hitting form in the Qualifiers, here's hoping you can go all the way this time.

No coincidence that since McGeeney/O'Rourke got involved the defence has tighetened up considerably. You always had the forwards now you are seen as a great defensive unit too.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 7:19 pm

Great win last night and great to see us hitting a big score again,
Just an idea for the next day, if we get a home draw we should play it in O'Moore Park. The surface is as good as Croke Park and it is a big pitch which really suits our style of play. We always seem to play really well there. Its just up the road for most of us and so getting there is not a major problem. Newbridge pitch is too small and we never seem to run up big scores there. What do people think?
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 8:14 pm

Well done to all the lads yesterday on what was a great win. Hard to single out anyone because there was so many stars but a special well done to Tomas O'Connor. He's been involved in the set up for a long time now and always had the potential to turn in a performance like that but it never quite worked out for him before. He really stepped up to the mark yesterday. Also, as one who was critical of Geezer after the Dublin match, credit where credit is due, he made some brave calls when picking that team and it was great to see it working out. It'll be interesting to see who we get next but as has been said, we have no reason to fear any of them.
Back to top Go down
lilly-exile
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 8:15 pm

is the next round of qualifiers just for the teams that won this round or do the beaten provincial finalists enter now too?
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 8:18 pm

Sorry for been a cynic but I just can't help myself, the last 20 minutes of the match we were mesmerising yet the first 20 minutes we were worse than muck?.

Laois are not exactly renowned for their battling qualities when heads drop on that team they're basically cannon fodder, and we ruthlessly exposed that part of their game.

I really thought Dublin were there for the taking but we never really got going, yesterday it was something similar for long periods, a fifteen point demolition I should be ecstatic and I've no doubt the final scoreline made it particulary sweet down Athy way and other border areas, but I just can't figure out how we can look so woefully poor and suddenly look like world beaters?.

Tomas O'Connor comes in for well deserved praise probably the only Kildare player who was immense from start to finish.
Am I the only who thinks that Hugh McGrillen is wasted in the full back line?, his attacking instincts are almost impossible to curtail, crying out to be selected in the half back line?, but Kieran can be almost pig headed with his team selection.

As someone said Waterford would be nice in the draw, a w/end in Tramore just what the doctor ordered, but cynical me comes to the fore and we know thats not going to happen, probably get the losers of the Ulster final away?.

Last edited by kildarecat on Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 8:27 pm

kildarecat wrote:
Sorry for been a cynic but I just can't help myself, the last 20 minutes of the match we were mesmerising yet the first 20 minutes we were worse than muck?.

Laois are not exactly renowned for their battling qualities when heads drop on that team they're basically cannon fodder, and we ruthlessly exposed that part of their game.

I really thought Dublin were there for the taking but we never really got going, yesterday it was something similar for long periods, a fifteen point demolition I should be ecstatic and I've no doubt the final scoreline made it particulary sweet down Athy way and other border areas, but I just can't figure out how we can look so woefully poor and suddenly look like world beaters?.

Tomas O'Connor comes in for well deserved praise probably the only Kildare player who was immense from start to finish.
Am I the only who thinks that Hugh McGrillen is wasted in the full back line?, his attacking instincts are almost impossible to curtail, crying out to be selected in the half back line?, but Kieran can be almost pig headed with his team selection.

As someone said Waterford would be nice in the draw, a w/end in Tramore just what the doctor ordered, but cynical me comes to the fore and we know thats not going to happen, probably get the losers of the Ulster final away?.

agree with most of the post , but be perpare for rest of comments to come
Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 8:30 pm

Think we can get one of either Down, Tyrone, Limerick, Waterford, Antrim or Armagh if they win their replay. Could be missing someone..

Like kildarecat I'd be very worried about the first 20 minutes yesterday. From terrible to unbelievable all in the space of 70 minutes. It was like being on a roller coaster watching them yesterday.

Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 8:36 pm

we can get one of either Down, Tyrone, Limerick, Waterford, Antrim

Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 8:58 pm

Good result yesterday against a fairly pathetic Laois team. It should have done wonders for Kildare's confidence.

Really looking forward to the draw now and I'm sure none of the counties left will want Kildare. BTW I think KFM are wrong that we can't draw Meath or Wicklow again. I'm fairly certain that we can.
Back to top Go down
lilly-exile
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 9:09 pm

we could have played wicklow or meath yesterday if we had been drawn together, so i would assume that the next round would have the same parameters.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 9:28 pm

I'm not exactly clued up on the backdoor system, are the provincial losers exempt from the next round of qualifiers?
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 9:31 pm

The eight winners from last night (inc Armagh/Wicklow) are in an open draw for round three this evening. The winners of those four matches will then play the provincial losers in a fortnights time. We've two more rounds to negotiate before getting back to a quarter final so.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 9:32 pm

Cheers for that kickingking!

Oh to swan on the beach in Tramore and chill for a few days?

Weather dependent of course?
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 10:03 pm

Can play any of the teams yesterday. The draw is made tonight for the next two rounds. I wouldn't be overly worried about any of the teams there but I would like to avoid getting Cork in round 4.

Round 3 has the potential of being tougher than round 4 but as everyone has said, who's sitting at home this morning saying "I wouldn't mind getting Kildare"?

I'm hoping for Limerick or Waterford just to fit in to my weekend plans. I really don't want another game in Antrim or to play Meath again. I'd be very confident of winning both, just hate going to both grounds.

Kildarecat, just enjoy it. Don't be torturing yourself about the past. Onwards and upwards from here.
Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 10:07 pm

Waterford and then Wexford or Roscommon or Mayo. Nice.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 10:25 pm

kildarecat wrote:

Agree with ya, penalty after 14 minutes but they grinded away........... exploited their purple patch, onwards and upwards, the only team that will beat Kildare is Kildare.................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Laois
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next