Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Laois

Go down 
+35
steviegenius
kildare12
flourman
kelf
TommyKeegan
jimmers
Borderline
stanley
OutTheGap
dabuckleys
moatesports
Onhisboot
Radley Park
Taibi
Gaa1928
milltownmary
Xavi
kickingking
Lily8
jim
hawker
lilywhites on tour
White Bridge
shoutitout
LillieLad
murof
Lillydreams
topcat
Flamingo
Bad News Baba
kildaregaa365
lillyboy
Jimmy winning matches
SeamusMurphy
tomoneillandhissisteranne
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 10:48 am

Whats the story with Cian O'Donaghoe lads?
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 3:06 am

Match now a double header with the Laois hurlers.

Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 6:46 am

Seamus McNally (and Barry and Kelvin for that matter) played for Jtb on Saturday but Cathal didn't.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 10:53 pm

LillieLad wrote:
Whats the story with Cian O'Donaghoe lads?

Where did Cian Bolton, Gavin Farrell, Seamus Hanafin (again), Eamon Murphy, Colm O Shea, Sean Cambpell, Ray Cahill, Seamus Mc Nally go ?. Were these not all involved in the OB Cup ?. Where is Micky Conway, Daryl Flynn, Cathal Mc Nally and James Gately ?, None have featured in the League so far.. are they all still on the Panel ?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 1:58 am

Laois 10/11. Kildare 11/10. Draw 15/2.

Kildare 1/8 to be Relegated. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 3:02 am

Not looking good but if we were to win on saturday and both Galway and Westmeath lose it would see the 3 of us on 4 points. A win against Galway on the final day might be enough to save us depending on how results go elsewhere.
Might seem unlikely and some minght say they dont deserve it but at least they have the chance to play 2 championship style games to see what they are made of.
Any chance Paul O'Connell giving them a prep talk!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 3:08 am

Im assuming Galway will have their Corofin contingent back for our Game.

If We get Relegated, will Jason be removed ?
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 3:40 am

I doubt he will, Seamus - there will be talk of a team in transition etc etc. I suspect it's more likely he'll walk than be removed. I predict he'll be urged to "stay in place and rebuild towards the future going forward on a level playing pitch with a view to celebrating the centenary if 1916 with relegation to Division 4....." That should be the gist of the press release.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 5:19 am

Conway has been in the match day panel as has Gavin Farrell in recent weeks. McNally is injured, Daryl Flynn - not sure if injured or just lacking fitness as seems to have been the case for about 3 years. Seamus McNally has been around the panel but not quite making it on match day of late. Not sure about the rest although I think I read Gately may be injured
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 6:38 am

Talking to a few of the queens over the week and they are very confident. Talk about slagging us and mocking us - they aren't long about coming out of the woodwork to lash the salt in our wounds!! I tell ya if I was playing on saturday this would drive me on more to beat them! I would be possessed running onto that field all guns blazing.
We haven't shown any fire whatsoever this year. Hard to see us getting anything on out of this but local pride should be a factor. Come on Kildare where is our passion!! Moolick will have to feature at somestage, we were wiped at midfield by Shine the last day, and thats simply where they built their attacks from. Would he risk any of the 21s do ye reckon? Too close to the leinster final to be risking Kelly I reckon but you never know; he is certainly needed!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 9:31 pm

The players showed plenty of fire in the second half in Cavan and stood up to some antics from the home side. But one half of football in five games is clearly not enough. At some point the players need to stand up and be counted and no better time than when your Div 2 status is on the line (can't believe I'm writing that just 18 months after the night of the long knives).

As for using Kelly (I don't think Hyland is first 15 material just yet), if Ryan has any sense he will prioritise Div 2 survival and having some chance of keeping his job over an under 21 provincial title. He can point to plenty of other counties who are playing their under 21's in case he gets any flack.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 2:55 am

On the basis the N Kelly won't start I'd go with connolly, c Fitz, p kelly, lyons, e Bolton, f conway, murnaghan, d flynn Moolick, k Cribbin, flatts, p Cribbin, Smith, fogarthy and mulhall. Laois are confident so how sweet it would be to get a result. Last chance saloon for some on Saturday and I feel we'll need to bring kelly on to win it
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 5:24 am

Which is more important for the future of Kildare football? Div 2 football next year or an u21 Leinster title this year? The availability or not of our u21s next weekend might determine that.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 6:59 am

A fair question hawker and there's only one answer as far as I'm concerned and that is staying in division 2. From a financial poin of view it would leave a huge hole to fill if it's not big enough alread. Plus a young guy of 21 sshould have no problem playing a game on Saturday and then five day's later or am I wron?
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 7:12 am

jim wrote:
A fair question hawker and there's only one answer as far as I'm concerned and that is staying in division 2. From a financial poin of view it would leave a huge hole to fill if it's not big enough alread.  Plus a young guy of 21 sshould have no problem playing a game on Saturday and then five day's later or am I wron?

I'm inclined to agree with you. Why not go gung ho for both games? A rising tide lifts all boats.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 7:51 am

Kelly is the only U21 who is a certain starter with Hyland a possible sub. Both already have Leinster U21 medals so not sure whether winning another or staying in Div 2 means most to them. Both teams would be considerably weaker without Kelly particularly the U 21's.
He is good enough to play in both games and grew up just a very short distance from the Laois border so he wouldn't lack motivation.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 10:04 am

If it's one or the other personally I'd rather see Niall Kelly being kept for the U21s. We have a good chance of winning a Leinster championship title with them. Even if he plays with the seniors we don't have much hope of staying in Division 2 anyway. As previously said a 5 day turnaround isn't too bad though so he could play both.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 11:15 am

I would also be inclined to hold the two u21s back for next week. We could always introduce Kelly for the final twenty minutes on Saturday night if the match is anyway tight. Hyland would also be under consideration for a similar role considering the couple of suspensions we have now.

I'm sure the two lads themselves would be prioritising the u21 match. Their teammates are the same group of lads they would have grown up with through the system. It might be their last match at u21 level (hopefully not!) and they will see it as a great chance of winning another Leinster medal.

Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 8:08 pm

Kelly played the first under 21 game on a Thursday night and then played for the seniors 2 days later on the Saturday against Cavan. Having done that Ryan must have thought he needed him. If he needed him then he needs him again now. This is sport and there is no telling what can happen but surely Ryan has to put out his best team possible on Saturday night. If he thinks that includes some of the under 21's then play them and worry about the consequences after.

Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 8:55 pm

kelly living close to the laois border. i think he'd want to play this one myself.
if your fit and carrying no injuries all you want to do is play football. why hold back for something that may never happen. worry about saturday on saturday. worry about u21 after.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 8:57 pm

being relegated at the hands of the queens doesn't bare thinking about.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 9:21 pm

We gave them some serious thrashings at senior, minor and U21 in the last 6 years so its inevitable they will relish the chance to relegate us on saturday. We would feel exactly the same if the roles were reversed.
Lets hope our tackling and discipline is a lot better than it has been lately. Surely these are the big games you want to play in and prove yourself.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 9:51 pm

murof wrote:
We gave them some serious thrashings at senior, minor and U21 in the last 6 years so its inevitable they will relish the chance to relegate us on saturday. We would feel exactly the same if the roles were reversed.
Lets hope our tackling and discipline is a lot better than it has been lately. Surely these are the big games you want to play in and prove yourself.

they are. but our manager looks out of depth so players will struggle if training hasnt been to standard.
queens in same position. big game for them to relegate us, they dont have the players we have all round but have a better manager and are better prepared. will be a dogfight.
Back to top Go down
milltownmary
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 11:18 pm

Any word on who the ref will be, any of the Meath ref's would be a disaster for us. A northern ref would suit us in this one as it is bound to be physical.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 11:35 pm

Xavi wrote:
murof wrote:

they are. but our manager looks out of depth so players will struggle if training hasnt been to standard.
queens in same position. big game for them to relegate us, they dont have the players we have all round but have a better manager and are better prepared. will be a dogfight.

Sign of our predicament when O'Flaharta is being held up as the superior manager!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Laois
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next