Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Laois

Go down 
+35
steviegenius
kildare12
flourman
kelf
TommyKeegan
jimmers
Borderline
stanley
OutTheGap
dabuckleys
moatesports
Onhisboot
Radley Park
Taibi
Gaa1928
milltownmary
Xavi
kickingking
Lily8
jim
hawker
lilywhites on tour
White Bridge
shoutitout
LillieLad
murof
Lillydreams
topcat
Flamingo
Bad News Baba
kildaregaa365
lillyboy
Jimmy winning matches
SeamusMurphy
tomoneillandhissisteranne
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 12:04 am

The Ref for Saturday is Derek O Mahony from Tipperary.. dont know to much about Him tbh.

imo Kelly and Hylo should be available, but I dont believe they will be, as Murphy seems to have First call on them and Matches.. Neither were available for the Roscommon Match, and that was prior to a Semi Final, so I cant see them being available.

While Laois are not World beaters, their MidField is strong, and if We dont break even here, I fear for Us.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 9:40 am

28.03.15 (Sat)

• Round 2
    NAAS V MOOREFIELD
    Time: 4 00 PM , Venue: Naas
    Referee: Brendan Hickey

• Round 2
    KILCOCK V ALLENWOOD
    Time: 7 00 PM , Venue: Kilcock Main Pitch
    Referee: Conor Daly
  • How can this be allowed happen, whatever about the 4.00 p.m. game at least players and fans could get to Portlaoise for the match but having a League Div 1 game on at the same time as the Kildare game is certainly not promoting the game in Kildare.

Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 10:04 am

Most games are on Sunday at 2:30pm. I presume the above games were changed by mutual agreement.

Fixing all SFL games at the exact same time as the rugby last weekend was worse.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 9:08 pm

Taibi wrote:
Most games are on Sunday at 2:30pm. I presume the above games were changed by mutual agreement.

Fixing all SFL games at the exact same time as the rugby last weekend was worse.

I missed the rugby myself however I don't expect Kildare Gaa to organise their fixtures around a competing sport.  This fixing of a match at the same time the senior county team are playing, by mutual consent or not, flies in the face of people trying to promote/ hold onto who we have in Kildare Gaa.

Maybe is an error.
Back to top Go down
Radley Park
Intermediate
Intermediate
Radley Park

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 9:40 pm

According to the fitxtures sent out by Kathleen O'Neill on Monday morning last, that Kilcock v Allenwood game is on this Sunday afternoon at 2.30pm...Naas v Moorefield is the only SFL game down for Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 9:51 pm

Radley Park wrote:
According to the fitxtures sent out by Kathleen O'Neill on Monday morning last, that Kilcock v Allenwood game is on this Sunday afternoon at 2.30pm...Naas v Moorefield is the only SFL game down for Saturday.

Its down for tomorrow night at 7.00 pm on the Kildare Gaa website and the Allenwood GAA facebook page, Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 3:43 am

Kildare (FL Division 2 v Laois) – Mark Donnellan; Ciaran Fitzpatrick, Mick O'Grady, Ollie Lyons; Keith Cribbin, Fergal Conway, Emmet Bolton; Gary White, Tommy Moolick; Daniel Flynn, Eoghan O'Flaherty, Paul Cribbin; Fionn Dowling, Padraig Fogarty, Alan Smith.

Good to see Tommy and Smithy back, and Bolton back on the Half Back line.. I assume Fionn will ramble out.. Strong Half Forward line also.. Bit more optimistic now.
Back to top Go down
Lillydreams
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 4:41 am

Niall Kelly is in so I'm told not sure for who!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 4:52 am

Lillydreams wrote:
Niall Kelly is in so I'm told not sure for who!

Good.. Podge or Fionn Id say.
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 5:31 am

The inclusion of Moolick and Smithy are two positives, Big ask for Moolick in his first start against an experienced and big laois midfield, but he has the temperament and ability to do a good job, I haven't always been Chalkys biggest fan but I have seen some promising signs in his play recently that he may be maturing and we need a big game from him tomorrow. Niall Kelly is a must if we have any chance of staying in the division. Best of luck lads.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 5:36 am

if kildare have any designs of appearing in a leinster final this year now is as good a time to kick on as any its just laois there playing
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 8:36 am

After conceding 24 odd points against Roscommon, you would think most normal people would try and shore up the defense, play a little bit tighter and wait for the right time to become more expansive.
Not our Jason, missing his best defender this year he has decided that a sweeper is not for him and therefore the way forward is to only play five natural defenders and a half forward.

Is Ryan trolling the County in some sick joke.

I agree completely with whoever text KFM tonight and said if the Queens relegate us on Saturday then the management need replacing immediately.

Oh and Ryan's interview stank of a man who knows he is gone and is going through the motions.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 8:45 am

some players  need ask themselves are they giving 100% on pitch

Last edited by fone on Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 6:52 pm

Best of luck tonight lads. I think if we can win tonight it would get everyone a really boost. It's nights like tonight that reveals character and we need big charters to shine tonight. Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
dabuckleys
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 8:42 pm

I would like to second that. Its time to leave the negatives behind, get behind your team. Tonight we can turn this league around. Best of luck lads, give it your all.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 9:18 pm

Not a bad team but I'd like to see Murnaghan play as an extra defender with Paul Cribbin dropping back to midfield. The Roscommon game showed we need extra cover at the back.

Best of luck to Kildare tonight. If we're not up for this one then we deserve to go down.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 9:46 pm

Best of luck to all involved tonight. That lot would love to condemn us to the drop, and they are already preparing for a celebratory snigger-fest.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 10:01 pm

All the evidence of the past 5 or 6 years has been that we have better players than Laois and should be well capable of beating them on a given day. It's down to the attitude and execution of the players, something that has been extremely poor this campaign so far, and how the manager has set them up for the game. If that team picked plays I believe Laois will likely win. Our full back line is extremely weak for this level and the absence again of P Kelly a real blow in that area. O'Grady and Lyons have been blown apart last time out by Roscommin and I'm never convinced about Fitzy who gives away too many frees for me. A sensible manager would shore up that line with a sweeper but it looks from the selection that this won't happen. If Murnaghan isn't fit I would have brought O'Brien in at K Cribbin's expense and moved either White, Flynn or P Cribbin back into the back line.
Delighted to see Moo and Smithy back though.

Will get behind them as always. These are not world beaters by any means despite their overblown opinion of themselves and any Kildare side should be going there with confidence once the set up and attitude are right. Will they be?
Back to top Go down
Borderline
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 10:47 pm

All I can see here is defeatism. We are back to slagging Laois as if it were their fault that we find ourselves where we are. One month ago Laois were in the same position as we are now, staring relegation in the face but they got their act together and turned it around. I work with a few of their supporters and while there is great banter between us that's all it is... banter. They are trying to do exactly what we are, survive in Div.2.

Grow up lads and stop trying to lay the blame on everyone but ourselves. We have got to put this league behind us and concentrate on the championship. So what if they beat us tonight, we will just have to make sure it won't happen later on if we meet in leinster. And Crofter, as far as I can see they certainly don't have any "overblown opinion of themselves". It's about time we got down from our pedestal and do something about this instead of whinging and blaming others all the time..
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 11:34 pm

Don't know what posts you are reading but nobody is blaming anyone but ourselves. Open your eyes we are sinking faster than a stone, that's why there is defeatism and negativity. Your defence of all things Laois is strange considering what situation we find ourselves in.
Kildare's goal should be always to beat Laois, tonight is different though in the fact that a defeat sends us down.

I think it's worth being concerned about.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 11:43 pm

Obviously we'd all know different Laois people Borderline and I'll stick by my opinion of the ones I know but thanks for your opinion. Re-read my post - I didn't blame anyone other than our own manager and players for where we are. If I were to extend that further my next stop would be with our CB not another county's supporters.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 3:32 am

Best of luck to the lads tonight. Hope there's a big crowd in Portlaoise to cheer them on. It's days like these they need our support the most. Fingers crossed they turn things around tonight.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 5:52 am

Changes to starting 15
Niall Kelly and Peter Kelly in, Dan Flynn and Tommy Moolick out
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 6:48 am

Better from Kildare. We are pressing higher up the pitch instead of standing off. Better at the back but Bolton and Conway look off the pace. We missed a few chances but so did Laois. We have the wind in 2nd half but I'm not sure it's that big of an advantage. The game is there for us if we want it badly enough.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 7:38 am

Down      6     8     +1
Meath     6     7     +14
Roscommon 5     7     +5
Cavan     6     7     +3
Laois     6     5     0
Galway    5     4     -4
Kildare   6     4     -7
Westmeath 6     4     -22

Remaining Fixtures
Roscommon-Galway

Westmeath-Roscommon
Down-Laois
Galway-Kildare
Meath-Cavan

Hard to predict in this division but would guess Down and Roscommon win next week, which would mean even if Galway win tomorrow, we'd stay up with a win in Salthill.

Last edited by TommyKeegan on Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Laois
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next