Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Laois

Go down 
+35
steviegenius
kildare12
flourman
kelf
TommyKeegan
jimmers
Borderline
stanley
OutTheGap
dabuckleys
moatesports
Onhisboot
Radley Park
Taibi
Gaa1928
milltownmary
Xavi
kickingking
Lily8
jim
hawker
lilywhites on tour
White Bridge
shoutitout
LillieLad
murof
Lillydreams
topcat
Flamingo
Bad News Baba
kildaregaa365
lillyboy
Jimmy winning matches
SeamusMurphy
tomoneillandhissisteranne
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 7:38 am

A straight red for Donie Kingston

and Kildare win

Kildare 1-12 Laois 1-9

Good evenings work for the Lily Whites
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 7:40 am

Down 6 8 +1
Meath 6 7 +14
Roscommon 5 7 +5
Cavan 6 7 +3
Laois 6 5 0
Galway 5 4 -4
Kildare 6 4 -7
Westmeath 6 4 -22

Remaining Fixtures
Roscommon-Galway

Westmeath-Roscommon
Down-Laois
Galway-Kildare
Meath-Cavan

Hard to predict in this division but would guess Down and Roscommon win next week, which would mean even if Galway win tomorrow, we'd stay up with a win in Tuam.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 7:55 am

Roll on salthill next sunday We ARE STAYING UP
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 7:56 am

Just a thought...........can we play all our home games in Portlaoise from now on! We play much better there at all grades than Droichead Nua
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 7:58 am

Few disappointed lads on here tonight .. Ah well
Good performance, great response to the Roscommon debacle.
Hopefully showing guts to pull a tight game out of the fire, will push this team forward.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 7:59 am

Tuam, I believe. Pitch in Salthill seemingly a bog. And I think I'm correct in saying actually, in all liklihood and barring some freak occurances, if we do win regardless we stay up.

Last edited by TommyKeegan on Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 8:01 am

Hopefully showing guts to pull a tight game out of the fire, will push this team forward.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 8:10 am

flourman wrote:

Wouldn't say disappointed. Listened from start to finish and it's an odd situation. I can only speak for myself, but as hard as it is, I genuinely think it could take relegation for football in the county to be ever addressed in a meaningful and badly-needed way. So rock and hard place as I think limping home next week will have key people say all is well and we'll continue on going nowhere.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 8:16 am

Get in there Emmet Bolton!
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 8:22 am

I couldn't care less about your jibba jabba Tommy, I have never and never will , as long as my arse is facing south, hope or want any Kildare Senior football team lose a game.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 8:25 am

Entitled to your opinion Flourman.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 8:25 am

Many of us here have wondered if Bolton should be played in the forwards rather than defense. He is not a great tackler or even a great defender but it hugely effective at scoring. In the Monaghan game last year he scored 2 brilliant goals and then got himself sent of needlessly.
Maybe we are not getting the best out of him.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 8:30 am

He was tried as a forward under Crofton and I think was pretty ineffective. I think his greatest asset is ghosting into scoring positions arriving late so to speak. I agree on his defensive skills though he lets lads past him far too easily. Maybe his best position could be in a sweeper role where he's have no man marking duties.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 8:41 am

Great to get the result, amazing the difference a late goal can make to everyone's mood. Hopefully this will help with the confidence and belief. I don't see how relegation could help in attracting the right people to Kildare gaa, we're already at a disadvantage financially with those we consider our rivals and dropping further down would only make this worse. Anyway we live in hope again at least for a week. Hon the lillies
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 8:49 am

flourman wrote:
I couldn't care less about your jibba jabba Tommy, I have never and never will ,  as long as my arse is facing south, hope or want any Kildare Senior football team lose a game.
welcome back must no soccer on tv this weekend
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 8:50 am

Phew.. Said it was up to the players to step up to the plate and in fairness most of them did. Still a lot of work to do to stay up but we're in there fighting at least. Delighted for Bolton, there's not many players in our team could have scored that goal and it's one of the reasons I'd pick him in the forwards nowadays. Laois were awful though - their inconsistency must be infuriating for their support. And we nearly through away a game we were bossing (again). But let's enjoy the win - nights like this make it all worthwhile, eh Freddy? Freddy ??
Back to top Go down
kildare12
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 8:50 am

Great win to get but it was very close to all of us being on here giving it loads about another game thrown away. Went asleep for 20 minutes of the second half.
A lad that very rarely gets a shout on here but fitzpatrick was excellent and Paul cribbin put in a serious nights work.
Few lads looked tired. I know mullhal had two bad games but he was the best forward during the o'byrne cup and start of the league, surely he should be giving another chance. Need a left footed free taker and he's dangerous.
A win in Galway and it could be the best way to go into the championship. There not unbeatable.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 8:52 am

Agree on Fitzpatrick. I questioned him earlier on this thread and fair play to him - one of his better days for sure. The defence generally tackled better (or was the referee better?) tonight.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 8:53 am

Kildare v Laois - Page 4 CBNrJ74WUAAPmmn
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 8:54 am

We could finish on 5 or 6 points with any of Galway, Laois and Westmeath.  What are the rules for for teams finishing on the same amount of points, is it score difference or the head to head result.

If we lose to Galway we are relegated no matter what happens elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 8:57 am

Tommy Callaghan ‏@TommyCallaghan1 6 mins6 minutes ago
Kildare's final league game v Galway moved from Salthill to Tuam Easter Sunday
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 9:00 am

fone wrote:
flourman wrote:
I couldn't care less about your jibba jabba Tommy, I have never and never will ,  as long as my arse is facing south, hope or want any Kildare Senior football team lose a game.
welcome  back must no soccer on tv this weekend

Gud man Fone spelling no mstks nor nthing
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 9:43 am

Well done to the lads for digging out the win when we looked to have thrown it away again. We should have been out of sight after dominating the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half and yet 5 minutes of good Laois play had them ahead before Bolton's goal. We did a lot of stupid things like defenders taking crazy shots at goal and losing the ball cheaply.
I thought Fitzy was excellent, getting to the ball in front of his man and not fouling. Ollie Lyons was much improved as well on his Roscommon performance. O'Grady struggled on Kingston physically and was at fault for their goal. The half-back line struggled a bit defensively. Bolton and Conway were sluggish defensively and Peter Kelly always looks happier in the full-back line. Bolton is best attacking from half-back with not much defensive responsibility. I don't think he would be suited to playing in the forwards.
We did alright at midfield considering the players we were missing. Paul Cribbin brought the ball forward well and Chalky tried hard but he is lost when contesting kick-outs.
We still take too many wrong options in the forwards. Niall Kelly was a bit quiet but still got 2 good points. Podge and Smithy showed well for the ball but didn't always use it well. Our instinct seems to be to work the ball backwards when we get close to their goal rather than going for goal.
The big plus for me was the improvement in our tackling and the way we pushed up and put pressure on the ball further up the pitch. We didn't give away too many frees tonight but I wonder if that was down to the referee who let an awful lot go. It suited us anyway!
The challenge now is to put in 2 good performances back to back, something we've never done under Jason Ryan. If we beat Galway I'm fairly sure we will stay up so it's all to play for!
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 10:07 am

Fair play to the lads tonight, i thought we were far the better team, particularly in the first half playing into a gale, we dominated possession. Also when it looked all was lost what a response, super goal from Bolton, Ciaran Fitzpatrick was man of match, good displays from ollie lyons, ogrady, both cribbins and smithy but to all the lads well done. Our tackling was terrific and we were much safer in possession, we conceded very few turnovers compared to recent games. It gives us a fighting chance.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 10:09 am

flourman wrote:

Kildare win and your first sentence is that one. Laughable.

Result was good performance was poor, anyone who says any different is deluding themselves, at least there was fight in them tonight.
Once again we had the game under control but went to sleep and allowed Laois back in it. It happens every game.

I'm not fickle enough like some who disappear from here when the going gets tough only to pop up again claiming all is well to see that performance as anything but poor. That's Laois we were playing and a poor Laois at that, take the result and move on.

A win in Galway and I might just see things a little different.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Laois
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next