Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Laois

Go down 
+51
Rex
Lily8
Westside
Lillydreams
onthewayup
overthebar
le hit in
Taibi
SeamusMurphy
kickingking
moatesports
kelf
murof
Cill Dara Mick
kildaregaa365
midfieldmaestro
bag of white
ohluckyme
Big Full Back
lobitin
Onhisboot
MD
johnsmyth
if_in_doubt
Shergar
jj
rob11
jim
clonmullin
flourman
Flamingo
inexile
lillyboy
LillieLad
topcat
Bad News Baba
Kildare98
Ohtoohtobe
TommyKeegan
shoeshine
lilywhites on tour
Lilywhite forever
walsheman
lilysavage
OutTheGap
Gaa1928
Ogie
milltownmary
KILL BILL
Jimmy winning matches
tomoneillandhissisteranne
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 3:54 am

Where's the "how will we cater for numbers" panic from the GAA when it doesn't involve a defence of Dublin's footballers playing in Croke Park?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 4:41 am

Dermot Earley tipping Laois on RTE radio 1 a little earlier. And I wouldn't disagree.

Ryan is a spoofer. Our county board are a joke.

Laois by 5/6
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 4:59 am

Freddy Krueger wrote:
Our county board are a joke.
this is only a new county board good lot of blame should go to last county board , on today match in croke park losing next saturday night could best bet
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 5:13 am

I see we have a Meath ref just for a change next week (Reilly)..

Today went exactly as it would do if a Division 4 goes in against Dubs without any ounce of defensive protection. The only thing for Kildare or Laois to do is to park a very long and wide bus to save some face (a la Derry). Still think a win against Laois would be better result for us in the long run even if/when we get slaughtered by the Dubs.

Championship structure is beyond a joke at this stage. Longford's "reward" for beating Offaly was to get slaughtered by Dublin and then they enter the qualifiers at the same stage as Offaly ! What sense is there in that?
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 5:16 am

Freddy Krueger wrote:
Dermot Earley tipping Laois on RTE radio 1 a little earlier. And I wouldn't disagree.

Ryan is a spoofer. Our county board are a joke.

Laois by 5/6

I think most pundits would fancy Laois. They at least have some momentum, whereas any we have is downwards.

I'm wavering in my views. Part of me predicts it's going to be a 50/50 battle and the lads will give it everything and maybe with a breaking ball repeat the league win in Portlaoise. But I can also see us take a real tanking if we haven't learned anything on the pitch and on the sideline since the Galway and Roscommon debacles to name two of our fantastic league performances.

Dermot's probably right..
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 5:25 am

No sympathy for Longford - Leinster council delegates (including Longford's) continually vote for Dublin to play in Croker and in that scenario the smaller counties deserve the hammerings they receive. It's just greed but they got their comeuppance today. It's funny, I guess they reckon abject humiliation is worth the extra few quid! I suppose there's a price on everything.

It's a bit of a poisoned chalice for whoever wins Kildare/Laois. Think Dermot called it right today when he predicted a Laois win (and that's quite a slap in the face for Ryan). Anyway whoever wins I would see Dublin winning again by roughly the same margin as they did today. I actually don't think the farcical state of the Leinster championship is doing them any good when it gets to the business end of the AI but there you go. Not a problem we're gonna have any time soon!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 5:36 am

It was hard not to fear a car crash listening to Jack Sheedy over the past two weeks. I actually like him but he was saying stuff like, "We played open football during the league and we won't be making any radical changes." I was going, What planet are you living on?!

People descry the blanket defence, but there's nothing glorious about going out with a naive gameplan and letting Dublin walk all over you either.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 5:43 am

We saw against Dublin in 2011 and during Mayo-Kerry last year that Reilly is incompetent and should not be reffing senior championship games. I guarantee there will be at least one major refereeing controversy next Saturday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 6:30 am

FOne are you a complete imbicile .

Have you seen the list of County Board officers? Firstly our "new" chairman was vice char under the previous shambles.

Seamus Aldridge
Ger Donnelly
Mick Gorman
Kathleen O Neill
Alan Dunnes
Henry Barrett
Colm Darrell
John Mccarthy
Pauline McBride
John Joe Walsh
Martin Whyte
John McMahon
Con Ronan
Pat Dunnes
Eddie Lawlor

That's the full list. A new county board you say. I see some of the same planks on that last that was there last year. One who had no control over his executive and another who voted on his own against his chairman's recommendations and against the way his own club voted.

If you didn't laugh at the way things unfolded thay night they shafted McGeeney you'd cry.

2 years on since we've dropped 2 divisions and are looking at losing to Laois in championship and being fodder in the qualifiers.

I'm a passionate Kildare man. It's absolutely sickening how far we've fallen. I love championship. I love this time of year. The drive up to Croker on championship day. In the qualifiers the trip to a ground you may not visit that regularly on a Saturday evening and staying over night.

This year I'm dreading it. I'm dreading losing to the Queens.  I'm dreading being back to the same old shit associated with Kildare football.

We only have the county board to blame. Ryan should have been shown the door months back.

Is there any truth in the rumour that there was a massive bust up at training amongst the players a week or two ago. Several walked off the pitch to the dressing room after a disagreement with management
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 6:35 am

Freddy Krueger wrote:

Have you seen the list of County Board officers? Firstly our "new" chairman was vice char under the previous shambles.

Seamus Aldridge
Ger Donnelly
Mick Gorman
Kathleen O Neill
Alan Dunnes
Henry Barrett
Colm Darrell
John Mccarthy
Pauline McBride
John Joe Walsh
Martin Whyte
John McMahon
Con Ronan
Pat Dunnes
Eddie Lawlor

That's the full list. A new county board you say. I see some of the same planks on that last that was there last year. One who had no control over his executive and another who voted on his own against his chairman's recommendations and against the way his own club voted.

If you didn't laugh at the way things unfolded thay night they shafted McGeeney you'd cry.

2 years on since we've dropped 2 divisions and are looking at losing to Laois in championship and being fodder in the qualifiers.

I'm a passionate Kildare man. It's absolutely sickening how far we've fallen. I love championship. I love this time of year. The drive up to Croker on championship day. In the qualifiers the trip to a ground you may not visit that regularly on a Saturday evening and staying over night.

This year I'm dreading it. I'm dreading losing to the Queens.  I'm dreading being back to the same old shit associated with Kildare football.

We only have the county board to blame. Ryan should have been shown the door months back.

Is there any truth in the rumour that there was a massive bust up at training amongst the players a week or two ago. Several walked off the pitch to the dressing room after a disagreement with management
mc mahon and white have a lot to answer for and thosesclubs who refuse vote that night with last manager
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 6:41 am

If Dublin beat Kildare/Laois and Meath by around the same total they beat Longford - and I think they will - they will have won the Leinster Championship by an aggregate total of close to 90 points. Jesus Christ!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 8:31 am

cormac o reilly is ref for next saturday night affraid
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 8:51 am

Yeah, wonderful. Double header a bit of a joke
Back to top Go down
inexile
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 9:10 am

lillyboy wrote:

I'm curious as to why you think that?
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 9:13 am

I don't think having O'Reilly as ref is good for us. Apart from being a poor enough ref, he always seems to give soft frees to the attacking team. This won't suit us because our tackling is poor and we don't have pacy forwards that will run at defences to draw frees.
Hopefully we have done a lot of work on our tackling and defensive shape since the league.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 9:44 am

Does the Kildare panel have any injuries apart from Keith Cribbin?

Are Niall Kelly and Peter Kelly fully fit?
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 7:34 pm

inexile wrote:
lillyboy wrote:

I'm curious as to why you think that?

my concerns would be the capacity and parking in tullamore on a saturday evening.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 8:22 pm

fone wrote:
Freddy Krueger wrote:

Seamus Aldridge
Ger Donnelly
Mick Gorman
Kathleen O Neill
Alan Dunnes
Henry Barrett
Colm Darrell
John Mccarthy
Pauline McBride
John Joe Walsh
Martin Whyte
John McMahon
Con Ronan
Pat Dunnes
Eddie Lawlor

mc mahon and  white have a lot to answer for and those clubs who refuse  vote that night with last manager

We will never move forward if you keep looking back, build a bridge and get over it.   Clubs were entitled to vote whatever way they wished on that night ( its called 'free speech' ). N.B. I am not a supporter of Jason Ryan however I am sure that he is trying his best as all managers I have known have done.  I also think that the players who have walked/going travelling etc have done the panel in general an injustice at a time when they were most needed.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 10:31 pm

Just looking at some of the possible Team Selections, and in the wake of Dublins performance Yesterday.. would any of our Lads make that Team ?.. Id safely say a Dublin B Team would Win Leinster at this stage.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 11:57 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Just looking at some of the possible Team Selections, and in the wake of Dublins performance Yesterday.. would any of our Lads make that Team ?.. Id safely say a Dublin B Team would Win Leinster at this stage.
Probably would do and surely you could make a strong case for having 2 Dublin teams at this stage. Based on population alone yesterdays result was understandable.
Elsewhere I see that Kerry raised 1.2 million in a fundraiser in the US and have another planned for London. It pays to have a large diaspora it seems.
With our large population and proximity to Dublin and the amount of industry in the county we really should be doing a lot better than we are and that's one complaint we can safely make against the CB.
As for the match itself if we can stop Laois dominating midfield we have a good chance. If we cant then they will create enough chances against our full back line to win.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 12:28 am

I agree with all of that murof, and especially the Population Point.. I heard we played Longford recently and it finished in a draw. affraid
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 1:25 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
I heard we played Longford recently and it finished in a draw.
Very worrying if that is true.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 3:55 am

Not sure why you're surprised at that lads – Longford will be in Div 3 next year, so will we. I think Kildare are roughly at the same level as Longford at the moment. And unfortunately, if we beat Laois, I would see Dublin beating us by around 20 points as well.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 5:26 am

Lads lets at least get one championship game under our belts before deciding what level we are at. I believe we would beat Longford 9 times out of 10 but of course that's easy to say. I'm prepared to judge at the end of the championship what level we're at. I think we're more 15/16 in Ireland whereas Longford are more 21/22.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 5:51 am

Yeah fair enough Crofter, but as things stand I think Tipp and Clare would absolutely put us to the pin of our collar. And if, say, we had to go to Pearse Park in the qualifiers I wouldn't see it as a slam-dunk by any means.

Btw, just in case people think people I'm being defeatist, I think with the right manager - if we can find such a man - Kildare should be a Div 1 side. Like we were last year!

I don't think it's that bad if our championship is over quickly as then the rebuilding can commence in earnest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Kildare v Laois - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Laois
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next