Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General GAA - AOB

Go down 
+74
Sorrynotsorry
totalgaa
Curraghplains
tomoneillandhissisteranne
bite the pillow
Pkmie
DONTPULLOUT
Cassanata
moatesports
lillyboy
Flamingo
Onechance
Sam1928
Hang sangich
Fear An Geata
Bulldog
realmoore
Jimmy winning matches
bk 1
Lillywhite88
centreback
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
intheback
standhimup
bloodsub
parcel
sarsno1
Hurlerbehindtheditch
OutTheGap
topcat
hawker
Horsebox
LillieLad
learmus
steviegenius
lomond
All_right_in_white
White Bridge
whiteknight
bigball
Loads of Pints
Botch
jim
Lily8
if_in_doubt
murof
Caprea
kelf
shortgrass
flourman
lilywhites on tour
jj
Big Full Back
Ohtoohtobe
Xavi
Gaa1928
micky murphy
Shergar
Cilldara_2000
Highball
TommyKeegan
kickingking
Ogie
lilysavage
Taibi
MD
jimmers
Dinny Breen
reichenhall
kildaregaa365
SeamusMurphy
Kildare98
rob11
Rex
78 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 1:51 am

Oh indeed, I don't blame Dublin for it, much like the money thing. They're taking advantage of the situation that exists as anyone would. Thus the problem should lie with those that allow that situation to exist which brings us back to our friends in Croke Park who are too preoccupied with profit.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 2:48 am

The pulling down at the is not something I have an issue with. You do what is required to win it will, it's up to the rule makers to bring in change to stop it. If Mayo were a point up they should have been doing the same and none of their supporters would care one iota. But like most things there will be a work around for any new rule. Some manager will come up with a way of exploiting it. Every sport is the same. Rules are always reactionary to a situation.
It's actually something Kildare are terrible at. We don't have anywhere near the cynicism required to match the better teams.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 4:14 am

kildaregaa365 wrote:
flourman wrote:
MD wrote:
Does anyone know if we have any boys on International rules trials/panel?

Fuck I hope not, nonsense of an event that left us without Cribben and Doyle for months when last played.

Surely that's a risk for the players to weigh up not supporters?

That's why I said "I hope" .. I doubt any supporters' hopes or opinions will be taken into consideration.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 4:59 am

Bang on the money Rex - those people trying to remove cynicism from sport, presumably their next project is reversing human nature. Good luck with that one. I'd say Kimmage would hugely enjoy watching Kildare play as our defence is so gentlemanly. We give a great platform to talented players like Jamie Clarke to strut their stuff without any obstruction.

I actually think if you took dirty defenders and cynical play out of the game it would make it less exciting. Yes we like to see outstanding moments of skilful play - but let's face it, we all enjoy a bit of controversy as well.

Just to go back to point - if we're narrowly ahead of Dubs or any other team next year, I expect to see every trick in the book deployed. I know Kimmage is striving for a utopia but as Jim McGuinness points out, the rest of us have to live in the real world. That involves managing the game. I actually do admire the way Dubs shut down game - they were able to keep their heads and see it out when Mayo (and particularly Vaughan) had their usual balls-up.

It actually was a Mayo greatest hits set - not able to convert possession; questionable managerial calls; a player losing his head at exactly the wrong moment. We all admire them but as McGuinness says ultimately only themselves to blame.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 6:46 am

Btw if you want a good laugh, check out Ciaran Whelan's Herald column today. One long whinge about why Dubs aren't getting enough credit for their achievements... Don't know what planet Ciaran is living on, they have the whole Dublin media kissing their arses. I know the Herald is a complete rag but still, talk about a Dub echo chamber... Hilarious stuff!!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 8:29 am

Just seen some pictures from Clane GAA tonight Eoin Doyle made appearance at event
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 8:31 am

Not sure which is funnier - the column or the comments. My favourite of the latter is "if it's all about population, why aren't New York and London brilliant." I'm serious - that's an ACTUAL comment.

http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/ciarn-whelan-to-question-jim-gavins-integrity-on-the-basis-of-a-press-conference-was-contrived-nonsense-36182470.html
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 8:56 am

What staggers me is all these points have been explained to Dublin supporters literally thousands of times. They ask the question, ignore the answer, and ask it again. You'd think they didn't want to hear the truth or something. I enjoyed the Hill16 podcast though. Me being given a media platform to talk about Dublin is seemingly like "Hitler talking about Nazism". It's so confusing but may be a compliment.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 9:09 am

Nice one Tommy will check that out - bit of Will Ferrell, bit of Louis CK and then the Hill 16 podcast to round out the belly laughs.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 9:58 am

To be honest it's no surprise Dublin supporters don't want to acknowledge that they have huge advantages over every other County, be it financial, population, home advantage or proximity to training facilities because by not acknowledging them they hope the status quo is maintained and they go about winning as much as they want. However If they acknowledge it then there is a caveat placed beside their wins in people's minds and they prove the detractors right. It's of vital importance to them to try and bury the financial doping and other in built advantages at all costs.

To be fair to them they have it nailed down. From the CB, through Gavin and their players, into former players in the media and the support in the stand they all to a man refuse to accept they have any advantage what so ever. It's quite a accomplishment.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 10:43 am

Very true Rex - if they start to acknowledge it, it's a slippery slope. But we will continue to call them out because as Tommy says, there is the small matter of it being the truth.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 8:35 pm

Whelans article is spot on. His maun criticism of Eamonn Dunphy and Paul Kimmage photographed above it! Both have come out with a lot of nonsense about the Dublin players/management personality since last Sunday. Neither would have much ground to based it on. Speaking of whinging and Dubs, theres plentry of it done in this AOB section. Maybe it shold be called 'I hate Dublin, I really really do. I hate them so much I can't stop talking about them'.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 8:41 pm

No - to explain (again), we are pointing out the deleterious effect their domination is having on the game. As for the quality of Whelan's article, personally I don't put the Herald in the vanguard of sports writing. Certainly, don't think Ciaran should be holding his breath for a call from Pulitzer committee.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 4:39 am

You don't have to be a Pullitzer Prize winner to write accurately about GAA. Whelans main point here is that clowns like Dunphy and Kimmage have smeared character of Dublin. That's why their photos are positioned directly above the piece.

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 7:32 am

"Smeared character"... Would you pull the other one. The article is a load of bloody waffle, characteristic of the Herald, which is why it's so funny.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 12:03 am

flourman wrote:
MD wrote:
Does anyone know if we have any boys on International rules trials/panel?

Fuck I hope not, nonsense of an event that left us without Cribben and Doyle for months when last played.
Kevin Feely is attending international rules trails
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 8:58 am

Ex Clane/Kildare forward Paul McLoughlin the new manager of Wexford.

Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 10:21 pm

have we an u 17 and 20s managers for next year .
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 12:52 am

Dan flynn and Kevin Feely in trails for international rules .paddy brophy in not due Celbridge in country final
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 10:15 pm

I see the 1992 kildare u21 side are having a reunion in Sarsfields today.. that wasn't a half bad side.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 8:52 am

I see Noel McKenna sent off 10 players in a Leinster IFC game today.

12 red cards he's dished out in two games. Shocked
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 6:11 am

Dan Flynn won't be touring with the International Rules squad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 6:38 am

Just did not make the cut Lilysavage?
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 6:16 pm

Feely & Flynn expected to be named in Rules panel today.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 6:50 pm

From talking to Dan I don't think he expects to make it.............Feely will
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General GAA - AOB
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next