Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare V Laois

Go down 
+18
Shergar
rob11
kildaregaa365
Xavi
jimmers
jim
bk 1
the young lad
Frankel
shortgrass1928
reichenhall
Landro88
TommyKeegan
micky murphy
SeamusMurphy
Gaa1928
overthebar
Blues
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
shortgrass1928
Junior A
Junior A
shortgrass1928

Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Laois   Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 10:29 am

Childish behaviour from Monasterevin. If a match can't be rearranged to suit both teams then just get on with it and play the damn thing. To turn up having changed & warmed up elsewhere, while denying Naas the use of appropriate dressing rooms really is poor form.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Laois   Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 10:40 am

It's nearly may TG.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Laois   Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 6:12 pm

Very poor form and petty from Monasterevin if true. They should should be getting some form of punishment for that, like losing home advantage for a few matches imo.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Laois   Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 10:21 pm

Frankel wrote:
Very poor form and petty from Monasterevin if true. They should should be getting some form of punishment for that, like losing home advantage for a few matches imo.

Shur fine them as well, and relegate them to the new division 4.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Laois   Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 10:26 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Frankel wrote:

Shur fine them as well,  and relegate them to the new division 4.

Seamus, you are usually a very reasonable poster, surely you recognise this was bad form on the part of Monasterevin?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Laois   Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 10:42 pm

Frankel wrote:
SeamusMurphy wrote:
Frankel wrote:

Shur fine them as well,  and relegate them to the new division 4.

Seamus, you are usually a very reasonable poster, surely you recognise this was bad form on the part of Monasterevin?

If you read my previous posts, you will see I didn't agree with their behaviour, and it shouldn't have happened.

Anyway I hear chris healy and Ben mac are starting on Sunday. . Looking forward to seeing that.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Laois   Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 2:10 am

All very petty stuff and shouldn't be taking 2 pages of this forum up in a thread for Kildare v Laois in my opinion...

Hope it will be a good game with a bit of grit about it and we will learn a bit more about Kildare .... maybe they might even go into defensive mode!!!!
Back to top Go down
the young lad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Laois   Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 9:06 pm

Hope to get down to the game in monasterevin Sunday. Saturday night v clare was a disappointment but we've to move on from it. I think there be lots of changes to the team
Back to top Go down
bk 1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Laois   Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 9:37 pm

Any news on the team for today's game, I might just pop into the forbidden land, only joking , best of luck to monasterevin today they did a great job on the new dressing rooms
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Laois   Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 12:58 am

Let's hope the rain fecks off for a few hours.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Laois   Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 4:23 am

Draw match.. poor enough match.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Laois   Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 4:47 am

Any reports from the game?
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Laois   Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 4:59 am

jim wrote:
Any reports from the game?

A couple of pieces from twitter

Neil Flynn scored 5 pts in second half, McNally sent off, Eoin Doyle came on
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Laois   Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 5:30 am

Know a lad in the laois camp. Worse Laois team in 2 decades according to him. Amateur set up and a farce behind the scenes I'm led to believe. Anthony Cunningham brought in to bring about some sort of professionalism by all accounts.

Although it was only challenge at a pitch opening I'd be worried about the performance and result if I'm being honest. We are lacking something that I cannot put my finger on
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Laois   Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 6:06 am

Was stood near both management teams for the match and the difference between them was astonishing at this level. For a start the Kildare management stood together in discussion and there was constant tactical coaching come in from the line to the players with a lot of focus on reminding them they had Morgan back as cover (interestingly). Focus on getting players to come wide when we had possession also and on midfielders (Daryl mainly) dropping back when a wing back went forward. The Laois management meanwhile stood a long way from each other, Lillis hardly a said a word just walked up and down the line with his A4 notebook and another of his selectors (don't know his name) seemed to bark abuse at the players. A lot of effing and blinding when a mistake was made, permanently frustrated with Kingston's lack of effort, and the only coaching was of the "ah for feck sake let it in" variety. Seems Woolberto is spot on..
Having said all that we still couldn't beat them. Primarily because their midfield dominated in the same way Clare did, because they were able to create a couple of goal chances and took one (Kingston) and (sorry to say) because we gave away another hatful of frees for lazy poor tackling.

On the plus side Healy had a decent first half, Morgan did well generally as sweeper and Matty Byrne got through a mountain of work at midfield, while Flynn again was excellent after coming in for the second half. McGrillen was disappointing and I wonder is he going to make the championship cut.

Eanna O'Connor got a few scores and produced some good passes in a decent display.

But it was a generally poor Laois side, no better than what we've been facing in Div 3. Strong around the middle but very little in attack. Kingston looked out of shape and disinterested.

Eoin Doyle looked fit and sprightly when introduced - slotted in around midfield rather than CB. Great to see him back. Might only be a sub for Wexford although you never know with 3 more weeks training.

Feely, Niall K, Fitz, Keith C, Tyrell and Peter K were all not involved which is a bit worrying. Tyrell seemed to be walking ok after his injury last week though. McCormack didn't play.

Last edited by Crofter on Mon May 02, 2016 6:11 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Laois   Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 6:07 am

Oh Powderly had a decent game as well..
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Laois   Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 6:16 am

I wasn't at match. I remember an interview with Glen a good few years back and he said that they got fed up getting no respect and decided that they had enough. They stopped being nice footballers. They trained like dogs. They got rid of 1 or 2 lads that were drinking and acting the fuck. They eventually turned things around.
I hear one or two enjoyed Punchestown....
Back to top Go down
rob11
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Laois   Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 6:42 am

Let's not forget this is the same manager who was shouting abuse at some of our lads in a minor championship game in portlaoise last year.

Laois do know how to pick bad managers
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Laois   Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 6:45 am

Crofter wrote:
Was stood near both management teams for the match and the difference between them was astonishing at this level. For a start the Kildare management stood together in discussion and there was constant tactical coaching come in from the line to the players with a lot of focus on reminding them they had Morgan back as cover (interestingly). Focus on getting players to come wide when we had possession also and on midfielders (Daryl mainly) dropping back when a wing back went forward. The Laois management meanwhile stood a long way from each other, Lillis hardly a said a word just walked up and down the line with his A4 notebook and another of his selectors (don't know his name) seemed to bark abuse at the players. A lot of effing and blinding when a mistake was made, permanently frustrated with Kingston's lack of effort, and the only coaching was of the "ah for feck sake let it in" variety. Seems Woolberto is spot on..
Having said all that we still couldn't beat them. Primarily because their midfield dominated in the same way Clare did, because they were able to create a couple of goal chances and took one (Kingston) and (sorry to say) because we gave away another hatful of frees for lazy poor tackling.

On the plus side Healy had a decent first half, Morgan did well generally as sweeper and Matty Byrne got through a mountain of work at midfield, while Flynn again was excellent after coming in for the second half. McGrillen was disappointing and I wonder is he going to make the championship cut.

Eanna O'Connor got a few scores and produced some good passes in a decent display.

But it was a generally poor Laois side, no better than what we've been facing in Div 3. Strong around the middle but very little in attack. Kingston looked out of shape and disinterested.

Eoin Doyle looked fit and sprightly when introduced - slotted in around midfield rather than CB. Great to see him back. Might only be a sub for Wexford although you never know with 3 more weeks training.

Feely, Niall K, Fitz, Keith C, Tyrell and Peter K were all not involved which is a bit worrying. Tyrell seemed to be walking ok after his injury last week though. McCormack didn't play.

As I said earlier Laois set up is a farce this year. Going on stories I've heard. Worryingly we didn't beat them which would beg the question what the he'll are we at all year
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Laois   Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 6:51 am

Xavi that's my worry too. We have a much greater management set up by akl acounts but yet we could beat them...
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Laois   Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 7:57 am

Good report crofter.
It's a poor laois side relagated, and looked like their going nowhere, which is worrying for us.. in saying that it's hard to read into challenge matches.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Laois   Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 10:44 pm

jim wrote:
I wasn't at match.  I remember an interview with Glen a good few years back and he said that they got fed up getting no respect and decided that they had enough. They stopped being nice footballers.  They trained like dogs. They got rid of 1 or 2 lads that were drinking and acting the fuck. They eventually turned things around.
I hear one or two enjoyed Punchestown....

Roscommon 1 - 15. New York 17.
Maybe the rossies enjoyed themselves a bit much pre match in the big Apple.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Laois   Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 11:46 pm

would have been some shock Seamus
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Laois   Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 12:08 am

jim wrote:
would have been some shock  Seamus

Can't take anyone for granted.

Kildare 1/6, wexford 9/2. Draw 12/1... looks familiar.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Laois   Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 10:44 pm

was a good challenge a bit worrying from my perspective for Kildare that as Crofter said Donie K looked not too interested but still when he wanted to pick up the ball and run at us he just ran through Kildare lads who still won't or are not able to tackle, the goal they got was very soft.

I know it was a challenge game but I am now worried about the Wexford game if Wexford bring a Championship performance and put their bodies on the line and fight for everything because I just think we will roll over ... sickens me to say that we have real potential to leak a lot of goals even from our own kickouts.

Rain stayed away and Monasterevin put on a good show with lots of stewards and free parking on underage pitches and only €5 in for adults

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Laois   Kildare V Laois - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare V Laois
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next