Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Galway

Go down 
+36
parcel
kildareking
Flamingo
Snowwhite
Ohtoohtobe
Yoyo
Taibi
tomoneillandhissisteranne
OutTheGap
lomond
jj
Highball
lillyboy
flourman
lilysavage
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
jobluts
white boy
TommyKeegan
Xavi
KILL BILL
bigball
Big Full Back
jim
DONTPULLOUT
SeamusMurphy
jimmers
topcat
kildaregaa365
kickingking
Shergar
Kildare98
murof
Rex
inexile
Jimmy winning matches
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Galway  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 10:01 pm

Yes, pathetic to commemorate winning Leinster and reaching the AI final, plus as Murof says beating previous three AI winners – the only time that's ever been done. Plus raise some money for Kildare GAA and set up a good vibe ahead of championship. Totally pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 10:03 pm

Just as an example – a packed house in Newbridge last year for Joe.ie panel discussion on 2000 Leinster final, with McCreery, G Ryan, E McCormack. But nice to know everyone is benefitting from that team's achievements except Kildare GAA!!
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 10:18 pm

In fairness I did not know you celebrated at 20 years. I assume there will be something at 25?

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 11:47 pm

Well, I'm just making the point that Galway are raking in the cash – but good to know we don't need the money.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 3:24 pm

Lads tell you what, name me another county that officially commemorates the anniversaries of beaten All-Ireland finalists.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 6:53 pm

No interest in official commemoration and certainly not for the final but can we at least remember 98 for the brilliant year it was. No need to be downbeat all the time O2 especially in this good weather
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 2:34 am

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Lads tell you what, name me another county that officially commemorates the anniversaries of beaten All-Ireland finalists.

Read above post - there was a jam-packed event in Newbridge last year for a panel discussion on 2000; a year we won Leinster and were defeated by Galway. Sound familiar? The only people who enjoyed a commercial boost out of it were Joe.ie.

I'd say "name me another county that actively discourages commercial activity" but the GAA is full of them. Although no doubt with your own marketing savvy you have plenty of ideas on how to compete with Kerry and Dublin.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 2:36 am

murof wrote:
No interest in official commemoration and certainly not for the final but can we at least remember 98 for the brilliant year it was. No need to be downbeat all the time O2 especially in this good weather

Remembering one of our few Leinster wins, and a groundbreaking campaign that saw our first final appearance in nearly 60 years. Are you mad?!
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 11:01 am

HG your original post praised Galway GAA for commemorating the 98 final and suggested our failure to do the same showed our lack of vision and marketing nous. I just pointed out that it would be weird to officially celebrate the anniversary of a loss.

Panel discussions on old games are entirely different.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 9:36 pm

I think the Kildare lads of 98 celebrate every year with the Galways lads at the Galway Races Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Galway
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7