Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May

Go down 
+40
Gaa1928
bloodsub
steviegenius
murof
MD
Kildare98
if_in_doubt
lilysavage
Shergar
Snowwhite
FionnMcCool
moatesports
topcat
TommyKeegan
flourman
Badger85
intheback
Ohtoohtobe
bigball
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Flamingo
Borderline
lillyboy
Blackadder
lily4fr
DONTPULLOUT
parcel
John_R
bite the pillow
Taibi
Captain1928
jimmers
Big Full Back
KILL BILL
Onhisboot
Ogie
OutTheGap
kickingking
Fizzer
Bigfullforward
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 7:57 pm

Badger85 wrote:
Slightly off point but here goes: As a proud Kildare man, living in the north of the county, I become accustomed to the large amount of immigrants from the west of Ireland wearing the county colours of Galway, Mayo etc... Totally acceptable and it’s their choice to do so.
Recently I noticed more and more maroon tops around the place. Was their a sudden influx of Galway men, women and children? No. It’s just that O’Neills have decided that they should only sell Kildare (the Lilywhites) merchandise in every colour, other than Lilywhite. I’ve seen luminous green, red, maroon, dark green, pink, yellow... Everything except white!
It’s only a minor issue compared to the goings on with the setup, however, if we’re trying to raise “brand Kildare” and get some of the newly moved to the county people to consider supporting Kildare, why the hell would the county board allow O’Neills to move away from the one thing that the entire country associate with the Kildare football team, their WHITE JERSEYS.
We’re The Lilywhites folks, not the lily-luminous or the lily-maroons...
Rant over!
Oh, and bring back the snake! 😄

This is a very good point in terms of the branding of Kildare GAA and promoting the game among the kids. To be fair though, I think in these instances, they have absolutely no say.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 3:00 am

Badger85 wrote:
Slightly off point but here goes: As a proud Kildare man, living in the north of the county, I become accustomed to the large amount of immigrants from the west of Ireland wearing the county colours of Galway, Mayo etc... Totally acceptable and it’s their choice to do so.
Recently I noticed more and more maroon tops around the place. Was their a sudden influx of Galway men, women and children? No. It’s just that O’Neills have decided that they should only sell Kildare (the Lilywhites) merchandise in every colour, other than Lilywhite. I’ve seen luminous green, red, maroon, dark green, pink, yellow... Everything except white!
It’s only a minor issue compared to the goings on with the setup, however, if we’re trying to raise “brand Kildare” and get some of the newly moved to the county people to consider supporting Kildare, why the hell would the county board allow O’Neills to move away from the one thing that the entire country associate with the Kildare football team, their WHITE JERSEYS.
We’re The Lilywhites folks, not the lily-luminous or the lily-maroons...
Rant over!
Oh, and bring back the snake! 😄
People from the west of Ireland are not immigrants - they are migrants!
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 3:05 am

Mayo is not only a foreign country, but another planet. But thanks for the pointer, the phrase was used in jest to make a valid point.
If the county is ever going to grow, we need buy in with all the new people who’ve moved to the county. Part of that is building a brand people can associate with and buy into. The thing everyone knows about Kildare is our county colours. Something we’ve been throwing away in recent years with the frankly horrific multi-coloured gear.
As Henry Ford said, “you can have whatever colour you want, as long as it’s black”.
Our county board should be pushing our white county colours.
Back to top Go down
intheback
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 5:38 am

Certainly if Kildare lost this match that would be that for the manager.

Wicklow are a hurling county in all but name these days. Jon Evans is a really good manager but even he can't get a rise out of these players.

A victory over Wicklow will prove nothing. It needs to be a real hammering.

Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 10:18 pm

did the dubs not play in that bastion of football kilkenny last year ? i think o grady could be a serious c back and doyle move to full back line
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 12:14 am

It must be the lowest key start to championship season ever, the optimism after super 8s and u20 all Ireland has been totally eroded by a poor league campaign and missing key players
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 1:13 am

O’Neill under pressure.
Mayo game aside, nothing remarkable about his reign apart from electric Laois and Meath performances in Leinster in 2017 and kind of half putting it up to Dublin. League 2016 was an opportunity to run the rule over wide net of players but given how the final ended up its an unremarkable campaign. Championship that year was an forgettable shit show. 2017 some good league performances but again failed to seal the deal in Croker and while there was an auspicious start to championship 2017 it flittered out in a mode we are all to familiar with unfortunately. (Seemed to turn for worst soon after gogglegate).
Last year, listened to O’neill Tell us we were unlucky to loose 7 league games in a row. Won’t mention Carlow. Bar Mayo performance we beat teams we
Should be beating. Super 8s we didn’t show up against Monaghan and were not far off in end. Only played for maybe 55 minutes combined in the Galway and Kerry games.

That we were in the reckoning going into the last round of the league this year shows how shite division 2 standard is.

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 1:24 am

Team I'd start with if the emergency ward of injuries hasn't cleared up...

Donnellan

Dempsey
O'Grady
M Hyland

O'Donoghue
D Hyland
P Kelly

Feely
Moolick

Conway
Slattery
K Cribbin

Healy
Brophy
N Flynn

Cue people pointing out how many players on this team are injured.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 6:23 am

Hard to believe we could be missing Cribben, McCormack, Hyland, Doyle and the 2 Flynn's from the starting line up. Just as well it's Wicklow and not Westmeath or even Laois or we could be in trouble.
Be interesting to see how our defense operates without Doyle.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 8:22 am

Apart from O’Grady, we don’t have touch tight defenders. My worry is most of our backs are more interested in getting on the ball, up the pitch, than mark their man.
Though that’s something O’Neill should’ve addressed years ago.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 8:26 am

Apparently there are also injury concerns over Chris Healy... Seriously are they doing WWE out in Hawkfield or what?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 8:44 pm

I remember one of the earliest interviews with KFM Cian O’Neill done after getting the job and he had a pop at the two previous regimes and the legacy injuries from same. Hinting that they didn’t know what they were doing and it wouldn’t be happening on his watch.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 9:10 pm

Opportunity for likes of Dempsey, O'Donoghue, Slattery, Healy and one or to others to nail down a place. Need to see these lads stepping up to the plate. If this was Longford, I'd be worried.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 11:20 pm

Kildare by 10+
Back to top Go down
intheback
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 9:32 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Apparently there are also injury concerns over Chris Healy... Seriously are they doing WWE out in Hawkfield or what?!

I actually mentioned the injury list a while back and got hammered for it.

Will just leave this there then.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 9:59 pm

O’Neill hasn’t done an interview in over two weeks? Is he injured too? 😄😄
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 11:02 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
I think the majority of injuries are happening at Club level.... apart from Ben and Eoin Doyle recently.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 12:56 am

Snowwhite wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:
I think the majority of injuries are happening at Club level.... apart from Ben and Eoin Doyle recently.  

Not digging at you here, but who was injured playing for their clubs?

P Cribbin didn't tog for JTB as he has had an op.
K Flynn was on club duty wasn't it? But he has had niggles all year.

Are we expecting any miraculous recoveries or curveball tactics??
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 1:40 am

Badger85 wrote:
O’Neill hasn’t done an interview in over two weeks? Is he injured too? 😄😄

Interview on RTE sport website today, Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 3:36 am

Thank god for that. I was getting worried for a minute. Good to have him back on the airwaves. AGAIN.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 4:12 am

If Healy’s out, I’d start Tyrell in half-forward line & put Slattery in FF line.

Good interview on Colm Parkinson’s podcast today with Johnny Doyle & Alan Brogan.

Brogan hearing Kildare list of injuries & he’s going er, WTF?!

Johnny acknowledging in round about way as well that if we don’t make Super 8s it’s curtains for O’Neill.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 9:44 am

Kildare by 10 minimum.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 5:16 pm

From what I am hearing the lads are flying in training and its all systems go for Wicklow. Championship football is all about momentum and we have a great opportunity to get up and running this weekend with a big win and performance. I dont buy into the negativity which surrounded our league performances, I seen enough to tell me that we are builiding nicely. McCormack will be fit to start by the way for those worrying. Hopefully a big crowd will be there in Carlow to cheer the lads on. Cill Dara Abu
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 8:20 pm

bigball wrote:
From what I am hearing the lads are flying in training and its all systems go for Wicklow.

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 9:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next