Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May

Go down 
+40
Gaa1928
bloodsub
steviegenius
murof
MD
Kildare98
if_in_doubt
lilysavage
Shergar
Snowwhite
FionnMcCool
moatesports
topcat
TommyKeegan
flourman
Badger85
intheback
Ohtoohtobe
bigball
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Flamingo
Borderline
lillyboy
Blackadder
lily4fr
DONTPULLOUT
parcel
John_R
bite the pillow
Taibi
Captain1928
jimmers
Big Full Back
KILL BILL
Onhisboot
Ogie
OutTheGap
kickingking
Fizzer
Bigfullforward
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 10:37 am

parcel wrote:
Hard to watch... genuinely feel sorry for the players. Their careers are slipping past them.. what a complete waste of 4 years

Intersting that some of those fine Players were deemed unfit to represent their clubs in the last couple of weeks for championship matches.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 10:44 am

Blackadder wrote:
These players are good players. Most have won at least one underage leinster. So frustrating same issues for four years. Apart from Kerry and Dublin and maybe a couple more... struggling to think of many more counties with this much talent. N flynn, Ben McC, Jimmy Hyland, D flynn are four of the most gifted forwards I’ve seen in a Kildare shirt. J Doyle levels in terms of potential. Am I wrong here/deluded? National media will see our next manager as a messianic figure if he gets 70/80% of what this wider group is capable of.

Not in JD League. You forgot ballls and will.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 10:47 am

Blackadder wrote:
We need get geezer back. He got the most out of the group he had. He inspires dedication and at least we’ll be fucking fit. Unless a manager with a great track record is available, we have to go geezer. Even if he falls out with a couple, we’ve enough to catch Dublin if we are prepared properly and they underestimate us/play poorly. It would kill me to see this team have another moral defeat like Castlebar 2016 or Kilarney last year where if we had proper fucking management we’d have won twice. You have to prepare like you expect to be in croker on All-Ireland final day despite what ever, otherwise you won’t have a prayer against those teams that do. The shameful thing is that 7/8 of these kildare players would be seen as leading players if they played for any of thentop 6/7 teams.

No kildare player would make the Dublin 15.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 10:54 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
That was thing about Geezer - he had his failings tactically but by Jesus would he put some fucking steel in lads. Exactly the kind of hardness we are so severely lacking.

I mean, let’s face it - we are a fucking soft touch. It honestly disgusts me.

I'd safely say arma have as much talent as we have HG
Let's move on from ould debate ffs
Back to top Go down
DONTPULLOUT
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 12:07 pm

Not excusing CON i think he should have left last year but sometimes its up to players keep the standard up(ie today and bury wicklow) as manager ya trust some players to do it and it doesnt seem to be there.
We lack leaders.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 8:45 pm

Not one of the issues that’s been hounding this team over the past 4 years of O’Neill’s reign have been addressed.
You could still drive an army division through the centre without anyone putting a hand on it.
You can still get stuck into that team and watch them fall apart.
The basic handling skills are still atrocious. Their decision making is atrocious. They run out of steam after 60 minutes in every game which points to question marks over their physical conditioning.
It’s harder for some players to get out of that team than into it. Players are too comfortable and know, no matter how bad they play they’ll still get into the team.
Our younger and promising players are walking away from the squad. Our only goal threat is no longer in the squad. For whatever reason....
All these things have and are happening under O’Neill. That’s before you get into his regular media appearances, his constant excuses, upping other teams and playing down ours... He’s starting to remind me of both Trappatoni and Martin O’Neill with the national team. Blame everyone else and when all else fails, say you don’t have the raw resources.
Whilst they didn’t, we do. Our “golden generation” are in their prime now. We only have them for 3/4 more years max. We’ll look back at this period as a wasted opportunity if we don’t change something. And soon.
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 8:57 pm

Ah lads can we stop taking about Geezer for God's sake. He wouldn't come back anyway... and he'd be right.

There simply has been no improvement in this team in the last number of years. Bar the Mayo game last year the league and championship campaigns have been dismal.

There were a lot of people who questioned Cian's suitability for the job initially (myself being one) with concerns regarding his experience as a manager. At almost every turn those concerns have been justified. It's Glen, JD, Dermot et al I feel sorry for. County board turned their back on these legends for a snake oil salesman.
Back to top Go down
Blackadder
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 10:11 pm

lily4fr wrote:
Ah lads can we stop taking about Geezer for God's sake. He wouldn't come back anyway... and he'd be right.

There simply has been no improvement in this team in the last number of years. Bar the Mayo game last year the league and championship campaigns have been dismal.

There were a lot of people who questioned Cian's suitability for the job initially (myself being one) with concerns regarding his experience as a manager. At almost every turn those concerns have been justified. It's Glen, JD, Dermot et al I feel sorry for. County board turned their back on these legends for a snake oil salesman.

I mention Geezer because I can't think of many obvious candidates. Rory Gallagher?

It strikes me that Cian O'Neill is not getting the levels of commitment required from the players. Glen, JD and Dermot would be a risk imo. We need an outside voice who can bring the county together and get some of Glen, JD and Dermot involved. If only Micko was 20/30 years younger... (how lucky we were to have him)

For years our underage record was abysmal, for the last ten years it has been a lot better, we need the right senior management team in place in order to bring these guys through.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 10:38 pm

All things considered we did well last night in the Division 2 teams against the Division 4 teams:

Kildare 0.15 Wicklow 1.10

Clare 0.09 Waterford 0.08

Tipperary 1.10 Limerick 3.11
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 11:46 pm

The reaction to giving the goal away was very disappointing, players went into themselves made unforced errors and were really hanging on. For 55 mins it looked like we would run out comfortable winners without setting the world on fire but the casual attitude came back to bite, too many hand passes going astray. Hard to know where we go from here
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 11:57 pm

Where is Longford game on?
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 am

murof wrote:
Where is Longford game on?

Tullamore at 4pm on the 26th according to the Leinster GAA site.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 1:02 am

Hurlers beaten by Roscommon. We're a joke.
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 3:04 am

lily4fr wrote:
At almost every turn those concerns have been justified. It's Glen, JD, Dermot et al I feel sorry for. County board turned their back on these legends for a snake oil salesman.
This is the kind of stuff I find really offensive. CON is not a snake oil salesman, he's a human being with integrity and commitment and whether it's his fault, the team's fault or partially both (probably the case) no one deserves this kind of abuse. Kildare were good in patches last night - the players were good in patches and woeful in patches - interestingly just like Meath today (the rising stars) who struggled against Offaly. To personalise criticism with this kind of language is uncalled for - O'Neill cannot kick the ball for the players.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 3:30 am

Don't disagree and while I feel the manager needs to go (and be thanked for his work however poor it's been as he no doubt tried) the players are getting one hell of a free pass yet again. How many of us have been on team's where we didn't like the set-up? Did that me we were half-arsed in our efforts. Heard they stormed off the pitch in a huff last night after humiliating themselves on it.
Back to top Go down
Borderline
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 5:17 am

I've been saying for a long time now that he is CONning us all. Only he jumped on the #newbridge or nowhere# bandwagon he was gone back then. A lot of ye clowns came to his rescue then and hailed him as the next Messiah but look at us now, beaten by Carlow and almost beaten by Wicklow. Get him out now before we lose all our young prospects to other sports or abroad..
Back to top Go down
intheback
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 5:19 am

Kildare don't have the players. Yes they are fit. But it's not enough. Skill, heart and ability also needed.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 5:24 am

We do have the players, but this set-up has totally disintegrated & everyone’s just playing out time til we’re knocked out this summer. Then, thankfully, we can start again.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 5:52 am

OK first off there is not one man to blame alone as the players can't use CON as a mudguard and walk away scot-free...
But to start with the lads on KFM had it called. WTF is the gameplan?? We are so so open and easy to get at at the back, and that would usually mean a team is committing men to the forward play but there is no gameplan there.
I don't want to blame them, as I can only assume they are doing what is asked of them, but the midfielders are both too far up the field when opposition are attacking.
They need to sit, as does Doyle who was looking good barrelling forward, but not sitting and holding enough. As I said especially Feely and Conway are not to be blamed here as they must not be getting the instructions.
There is no pattern at all up front either and no decoy runs for space, etc. In fact we seem to do the opposition defence's job for them as lads run the same lines and clog each others runs.

That being said did John Evans tell Healy number 8 to run at us in the end, or did he just go on a burst and waltz through the first time and say to himself - fuck it this is working...
He seemed to do that off his own bat and at that stage so many Kildare players were hiding. They have to step up and show some drive.
The forwards ran lateral so often and it looks decent, but they didn't burst through any tackles or demand the ball.
I know KE365 rated Jimmy Hyland a 5 and he didn't get decent ball, but the inside line didn't charge out REALLY wanting it at any stage.
Our backs just seem keen on lazy pulling and dragging and silly fouls, instead of actually putting the body in to stop a lad.

I just don't know how lads who can give so much of their time seem to be wasting it once they go on the field. I know the mood isnt great but they need to say fuck it and go for it for their own sake.
The sideline is not giving them a plan or a platform but many of them are not taking it on themselves at all. As I said Feely with his catching and Conway carrying through bodies were among the exceptions.

We are not as good as our good days or as bad as our bad days, but this season needs an injection of something from somewhere.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 5:57 am

I’m starting to believe we don’t have the players. A lot have performed well on occasion over the last few years even under this manager but there is not one player who has delivered consistently which is incredibly frustrating.

Our forward play has regressed massively this year, that could be down to loss of Dan and Paul Cribbin or even just the loss of Roli from the backroom team. We only scored 1 goal from play in 7 league games and didn’t even create a really good goal chance last night.

If Longford manage 2 goals against us they will beat us. Wicklow scored one last night and should have had one more.

Wicklow missed 4/5 kickable frees last night also. Bringing up the keeper didn’t work at all for them!
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 5:57 am

We don't really have that many quality players if we're honest. How many of our defenders would have got a look in the 98 team? Feely, for all his talent doesn't have the work rate of any of the midfielders of that team. Up front definitely Dan Flynn and Cribben would walk onto that team and won the AI.
Apart from that sadly no one jumps out but McCormack and Hyland could yet. We have no leaders like Glen or nasty defenders like Lacy and Dalton, no strong running midfielders like Buckley and McCreery and certainly no one with the heart and desire of JD.
I actually think our current players are as talented as the 09 to 11 team but have only a fraction of the self belief that team had.
A manager has to be capable of getting the best out of a team and CON has had 4 years to do and 2017 apart has not done so.
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 5:59 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
We do have the players, but this set-up has totally disintegrated & everyone’s just playing out time til we’re knocked out this summer. Then, thankfully, we can start again.
As a number of people have said here, TK and Flamingo among them, if you pull on a jersey at any level, let alone county level, you burst yourself to do the very best you can. If you're on the pitch and head-bitching about the manager, get off the pitch and the team. I'm not giving CON a free-pass in this, or the selectors, but I sense an element of the Laois under-age successes in some Kildare players - that sense of entitlement and blaming others.
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 7:00 am

tomoneillandhissisteranne wrote:
lily4fr wrote:
At almost every turn those concerns have been justified. It's Glen, JD, Dermot et al I feel sorry for. County board turned their back on these legends for a snake oil salesman.
This is the kind of stuff I find really offensive. CON is not a snake oil salesman, he's a human being with integrity and commitment and whether it's his fault, the team's fault or partially both (probably the case) no one deserves this kind of abuse. Kildare were good in patches last night - the players were good in patches and woeful in patches - interestingly just like Meath today (the rising stars) who struggled against Offaly. To personalise criticism with this kind of language is uncalled for - O'Neill cannot kick the ball for the players.
I am utterly sick reading some of the comments on a particular social media Kildare gaa page that probably was set up with good intentions but has turned a bitch fest for a toxic group of individuals that have probably never kicked a ball in their life and few of them go to matches... This is not what GAA is about and this is not how people who have an interest in football should behave. One particular comment, that has now disappeared even made disgusting comments about CON appearance, What is wrong with people. Stick to football, stick to facts and stop reporting hearsay... I did not make the match yesterday although I listened on the radio and it was just awful. I know, you all know, the players know and you can be damn sure that CON knows... Just bloody awful. It is just this sort of behaviour that Ogie and someone else mentioned a couple of weeks ago, JD, Dermot, Glen and anyone else reading this utter shite will not go anywhere near Kildare senior team, why would anyone put themselves forward and their families for this abuse. I am just sick reading this from so called fans....
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 8:19 am

Couldn’t agree more. The chap is one of our own and puts his life into it. It’d make you sick.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 5:52 pm

Momentum building...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May   Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Wicklow - 11th May
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next