Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Dublin

Go down 
+35
Blackadder
Highball
micky murphy
bite the pillow
flourman
Snowwhite
Rex
Kildare98
TommyKeegan
steviegenius
SeamusMurphy
OutTheGap
FionnMcCool
Gaa1928
Ohtoohtobe
intheback
KILL BILL
Liffey Likes
John_R
Caprea
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Twentyeight
if_in_doubt
lilysavage
Cilldara_2000
kickingking
Taibi
Botch
Badger85
LillieLad
inexile
jimmers
Onhisboot
jj
Flamingo
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 7:43 am

The shocking attendance & complete lack of interest has become a major talking point around the game... Twenty years ago if you said that a double header, in 2019, involving Kildare, Meath & Dublin would draw a crowd of 25,000 you’d assume the GAA was on its death bed. Colm Parkinson also addressing it on this week’s podcast. I think we can say 2019 is the year the Leinster championship officially died.

Re the actual football, if we keep to single figures we’re in decent shape for qualifiers. Robinson is a brilliant player & hopefully will be onboard next season along with a good portion of last year’s U20s.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 7:52 am

Don't be so sensitive Caprea. By parking it, I meant revisit it later. Much later. And i didn't have to go back too far to see where you've told people to stop posting about subjects that were not to your liking. Maybe set up your very own thread where yourself, Tommy and Ewan can debate it amongst yourself. We are playing arguably the best team of all time on Sunday. See where your team is at. Last time I checked this was a football fans forum.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 7:53 am

There is so much wrong in Kildare football imo at the minute. The only thing that seems to work to me are fixtures and the refs sending in the match scores to the website and the tables updating. From what I see there are a lot of people not doing their jobs or doing a TERRIBLE JOB on the county board.

On the game Dublin are going to beat us EASILY. I am happy we beat longford. You should always play as high as possible no matter what. Anyone who thinks that if we had all our players fit and ready that we would run Dublin close is delusional. The best we can hope for is for players to really push themselves and get a taste of the speed quality and skill of a top class team. And maybe a few will not look out of place.

We have had underage success in recent years. And the schools seem to be doing well also. So imo there has been good underage coaching. Where it seems to be broke appears to be when these players go senior with their clubs and county. We need to remedy this asap.

My hope is Dublin by less than 10.
My fear is Dublin by more than 20.
In between is prob what will happen.

Sorry if I am being pessimistic. But Cian o Neill and this team do not fill anyone with any confidence.

Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 8:28 am

lilysavage wrote:
Don't be so sensitive Caprea. By parking it, I meant revisit it later. Much later. And i didn't have to go back too far to see where you've told people to stop posting about subjects that were not to your liking. Maybe set up your very own thread where yourself, Tommy and Ewan can debate it amongst yourself. We are playing arguably the best team of all time on Sunday. See where your team is at. Last time I checked this was a football fans forum.

Nothing left to say on this but repeat that on a discussion forum you have power over your own posts and no one else’s.

If that’s a struggle, leave the forums be.
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 11:16 am

The Dublin team might make me nervous not their fans
Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 11:17 am

For feck sake Lads, i've never seen the forum so tetchy. Would youse ever chill out ! Kildare by 2 points....now where did i leave me glass of Captain Morgan.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 9:19 pm

bite the pillow wrote:
For feck sake Lads, i've never seen the forum so tetchy. Would youse ever chill out ! Kildare by 2 points....now where did i leave me glass of Captain Morgan.

Your BOTTLE of Captain Morgan by the sounds of it... Very Happy

It is shite but I just don't want to see lads giving up during the game. We should not be unfit so we should not be letting runners go off them after 40 minutes.
We have seen this in the past. A decent showing is all we can ask.

That's where we are and that's where the GAA is as a whole. Mayo were a band-aid for a few years as they could push them close but I fear the Dubs will stroll it.
Whatever about Leinster being steamrolled if the Mayos, Kerry's and Tyrones get well-beaten this year then action will be taken.

I know it sounds mad, but young Dub kids of people I work with are not even arsed with Dubs games until All Ireland semis at this stage.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 9:42 pm

Paul Mannion cleared to play. Best of luck to whoever is picking him up. Might need another bottle of The Captain.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 11:52 pm

lilysavage wrote:
Paul Mannion cleared to play. Best of luck to whoever is picking him up. Might need another bottle of The Captain.

Was there ever any doubt? Just another symptom of the rotten state of teh GAA. Give respect, get respect, me hole. They never back referees when it's the ref vs Dublin.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 12:42 am

Re the actual game, if the supporters actually had faith in this team, there would be a genuine buzz. But they have been so woefully inconsistent this year, how could you possibly have belief...

For us to compete, the backs have to get right in on top of the Dublin forwards and not give them inch. Midfielders and wing forwards working over time to get back and block up the centre. Similar to the Mayo game plan – but could you guarantee any of that happening? Not a chance, hence everyone being so fatalistic.

Good interview with Ronan Sweeney in the Indo today where he points out how this team keep shooting themselves in the foot. 70,000 at the 2017 Leinster final where they tested Dublin for 60 minutes – then lost to Armagh.

Promoted to Div 1 the next year – then lost every game and shocked by Carlow. Newbridge Or Nowhere followed by dismal league campaign.

As much as we complain about the Dubs, legitimately so, the players and management have to take some of the blame over the apathy. Kildare will always be a county where, when the team gets a bit of momentum, everyone will row in behind.

But as Sweeney says, the supporters still harbour suspicions about this team. I mean, they could actually put in a strong performance on Sunday – then go out the next day and get beaten by Laois or someone.

You simply cannot trust them at all.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 12:50 am

O'Neill actually quite bullish – what he's basing that on, I don't know. One good performance all year and he thinks we're ready for a shot at the Dubs.

God help us. Think he'll have his tail between his legs Sunday eve.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 1:15 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
The shocking attendance & complete lack of interest has become a major talking point around the game... Twenty years ago if you said that a double header, in 2019, involving Kildare, Meath & Dublin would draw a crowd of 25,000 you’d assume the GAA was on its death bed. Colm Parkinson also addressing it on this week’s podcast. I think we can say 2019 is the year the Leinster championship officially died.

Higher end estimate still at 30,000 for Sunday, considering ticket prices are €35 on the day it's hard to see it happening.

A 25% decrease on last years attendance with Carlow and Longford there instead of ourselves and Meath, and a 10% decrease from a standalone Dublin – Westmeath game the year before.

How bad does it have to get before the Leinster council actually notice something's wrong here?
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 1:16 am

Regarding the match then barring injuries you'd expect the same team that started the last day.

The second half sounded like by far the best football we've played all year, replicating something like that is all we can ask really.

Massive sense of apathy around this match but if we can come away with a few positives other than just being able to keep the score low then that'll be something to bring into the qualifiers at least.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 1:22 am

As I said earlier, keep it to single figures and we have a bit of momentum going into qualifiers – will also give the actual contenders, Kerry, Tyrone etc, a lot of hope.

More likely scenario is we get our arses handed to us and we're all looking up holiday destinations Sunday eve.

From an attendance point of view, I also think the Leinster final will be a washout – whether it's Meath or Laois, it will be a punishment beating so don't see any excitement at all.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 1:45 am

This game has honestly reached the level of low farce... The Leinster council may as well be saying, "If you attend this game you're an idiot."

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/leinster-bosses-not-worried-by-falling-attendances-929228.html
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 2:26 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
O'Neill actually quite bullish – what he's basing that on, I don't know. One good performance all year and he thinks we're ready for a shot at the Dubs.

God help us. Think he'll have his tail between his legs Sunday eve.

What a load of rubbish HG. He replied to a question on Sunday about whether or not Kildare would simply turn up on Sunday and put in a appearance or else actually go out and play to win.... And as any decent manager would reply, he said that Kildare would go there to win, END OF!
If he said anything different he would be accused of not having faith in the lads.
If you knew Cian at all as the great Moorefield man you are, you would know that he is not bullish in any way, he wants the lads to go out and give their 100%. No-one can ask for any more....
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 2:36 am

Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 3:08 am

As Roy Walker used say, say what you see HG ?

Input either an 'up' or 'out' before the 'to' for the correct context .
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 3:29 am

All we can ask for is a solid performance and whatever the result well that will be, but all Kildare players can control is their own performance and if they all give 120% commitment and dedication nobody can complain.....
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 4:20 am

Only 16,000 tickets sold between 4 Counties. One of those is Dublin who we are continually force fed the line they are supposed super fans. Well like everything else to do with Dublin its all perception and utter bollocks.

This weekend will be the death of Leinster, it won't recover for many years. The other Counties have it seems finally had enough of the charade and uneven playing field. The GAA and Leinster Council have killed the game all for 40 pieces of silver. A pox on their houses.

I know three absolute Kildare fanatics, go anywhere and everywhere to watch them. This weekend none are travelling. The game is dead.
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 5:37 am

Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 8:52 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
This game has honestly reached the level of low farce... The Leinster council may as well be saying, "If you attend this game you're an idiot."

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/leinster-bosses-not-worried-by-falling-attendances-929228.html

Like...emmm...if you attend this game you are an idiot no?
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 9:21 am

Caprea wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:

Like...emmm...if you attend this game you are an idiot no?

So people who want to go and watch a team are idiots now? Friends and perhaps family involved and they should just walk away or be seen as idiots. Only 1 idiot here with that statement. Take a hike
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 9:32 am

That's a strong team we have named, We have the potential to put up a big score through McCormack, Tyrrell and Flynn in full forward line, Conway and Slattery are two workhorses at wingfoward and we will need big performances from them, Brophy to help Feely and Moolick around the middle, Keeping Dublin scoreline down will require huge performance and concentration, Mick OGrady back is crucial. It's a huge task , Best of luck lads
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 12:54 am

Another story today in the indo about the capacity of Dublin players to make large sums, although this is not that it is new info. Yes Dublin are supremely skilled with huge squad, yes they have gross advantage such as home games and massive financial advantages but they are also human and despite all their greatness they are subject to the same frailties that we all are. Every great team hits a buffer eventually and some time in the future this team will. As regards tomorrow's game there is enough negatively (or realistic expectations some might say) here. I find plenty of reasons for Kildare to give it one hell of a go. We all know these same players were well capable of competing at underage with the best teams, remember it is15 humans against 15 humans, we are not directly playing money tomorrow or the 20 or so backroom team and feck it if it's on Dublin's home venue it's the same pitch for both teams. there is no reason for Kildare not to throw the kitchen sink at it. Normally there are s few optimist's somewhere but I have never seen a team do written off to a complete hammering, both Dubs, Kildare supporters and commentators.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Dublin
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next